Skate PS3 Framerate Fix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

schnodderei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 schnodderei
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Skate on PS3 runs smooth if you use Component cables instead of Hdmi .. for me it works fine. now i have better graphics and the same framerate like the 360 version .. yeah!

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

I was considering getting this game, but I skateboarded for 18 years of my life and was semi-pro, so I am a huge critic when it comes to skating games. Can you tell me how realistic it is? I want a game like how Thrasher was on Playstation years ago. As in, if you don't get a good ollie, you won't even be able to cut a kickflip without busting your arse.

Playing games like Tony Hawk just aren't near realistic enough for me, where you can cut a 540 double grab just from a single ollie, or cut a 1240 on a half pipe. I want something more realistic in terms of humanly possible vs. for the affect of fun gameplay.

Haloforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Haloforce
Member since 2002 • 1245 Posts

I was considering getting this game, but I skateboarded for 18 years of my life and was semi-pro, so I am a huge critic when it comes to skating games. Can you tell me how realistic it is? I want a game like how Thrasher was on Playstation years ago. As in, if you don't get a good ollie, you won't even be able to cut a kickflip without busting your arse.

Playing games like Tony Hawk just aren't near realistic enough for me, where you can cut a 540 double grab just from a single ollie, or cut a 1240 on a half pipe. I want something more realistic in terms of humanly possible vs. for the affect of fun gameplay.

cos_vanquish

Simply put, you have to play Skate. Dload the demo on XBL, and you will see what you are missing.

Skate is designed with skaters in mind. (I sound like an EA rep) I was never "semi-pro" but I put some time in on the sport, and this game more than does it justice.

EDIT: I too loved thrasher, and that is what most came to mind when playing skate. All it was missing was "A tribe called quest" in the soundtrack, but that is what custom soundtracks are for!!

It isn't perfect, it could have been longer, and trick system is picky, but I love it, and anyone who has seriously skated will think the same.

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
Thanks for the comforting knowledge that I won't be disappointed. I will have to get it immediately and spend a lot of time playing it :D
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

I have never really skateboarded in my life nor had I had any interest in a skateboarding game since Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, but skate. has really blown me away. Its one of the most genuinely fun games i've played in a while. Even though I'm no skateboarder, the controls feel very realistic. Yes, in skate., if you don't get a good ollie, then trying to pull of a kickflip will result in you busting your arse.

I played the demos for both this game and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. I now own skate. and have little-to-no interest in Proving Ground. skate.'s control alone makes it a superior game. Seriously, its makes Tony Hawk's "dial-a-trick" system feel very artificial, unrealistic and cheap.

Definitely at least give the demo a try.