Should I buy Resident Evil for the gamecube?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hat123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hat123456
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
I never played the game, and it looks cool. I would also have to buy the gamecube system since I never had one.( the system costs $40 used)
Revelade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Revelade
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts

To determine whether the game is for you, perhaps you should know what it is about.

It's a conservative, puzzle-solving game that involves combat. Camera angles are fixed and backgrounds are 2-dimensional.

You are in a mansion that has many locked doors and puzzles. Puzzles can range from examining an item for another one, finding a key or moving blocks to proceed further. Once you solve puzzles, you'll be given access to keys which will unlock further parts of the house.

As for combat, you will deal with the obvious zombies, dogs and crows. However, zombies that are not burned, or headshotted will mutate into faster zombies. Combat is done by holding the R button and pressing A to fire.

A side effect to combat is using ammo and perhaps taking damage. Ammo is not found on dead enemies in this game. It can only be found in places such as desks, under furniture and in closets. That means shooting every enemy will mean less bullets later. Also health packs are just as scarce. Finally, the amount of saves is limited by the number of ink ribbon items you have.

The game has two characters to play as Jill or Chris. Jill can oddly hold more items and starts out with a lockpick, while Chris can take more damage and has a lighter.

Playing the game involves careful treading. Open the door and scan the area for enemies. If you see any threats, deal with it now, or simply exit the room. Use the map. Pay attention to the cutscenes and figure out what to do. Look on your map to find the best way. If you are lost, simply explore unexplored rooms.

This is not an action game. Running into a hot zone and firing all bullets at a target will get you killed. You must be aware of your surroundings and figure out what to do first.