Should I buy a 360 or PS3? RPG and Action/platformer lover.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Postosuchus

Poll Should I buy a 360 or PS3? RPG and Action/platformer lover. (2 votes)

Xbox 360 50%
PS3 50%

Hey all, now that the new consoles are solidly out I figured I would buy a last gen machine at some point and try some of the console exclusive titles I've missed out on. I'd be interested in opinions and answers for certain questions.But to start with, I'm mostly interested in RPGs (in particular the "Tales of" series) and maybe some action/3d platformer games. I have no interest in console FPSs or online multiplayer, so the xbox live fee is not an issue, and being a PC gamer only console exclusives will be bought. I've been leaning towards a 360 simply because Tales of Vesperia doesn't seem to have a ps3 english version, but the PS3's blue ray capability is attractive too. I've heard the 360 generally has better multiplatforms between the two as well. Any opinions which console would be better given the qualifications above?

Also, any suggestions as to a reputable place to buy either for fairly cheap (like $100-150 or below), preferably new? $200+ is a ridiculous price for machines so old, IMO. If not, how long in general does it usually take for the old generation consoles to plummet in price? Also what was the deal with backwards compatibility? I know ps3 took that out in the earlier versions but do the 360's still have that?

• 
DDYaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DDYaya
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I believe that the Xbox 360 had more rpg titles than the ps3, however you'd most likely want to get the popular adventure rpg games, which vary in both systems. I'm getting an Xbox one and ps4 this year pretty soon and I have had experience with both Xbox 360 and ps3. I've spent pretty good time with both of them and I seem to have more of an edge to playing more rpg on the 360. But really it doesn't really matter which one you get as they both have great titles. They are both cheaper now, so get the one you prefer.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

My guess is that PS3 will have many RPG games because the PlayStation is a Japanese-based console and more JRPG devs will of course put it on console more close to home than a western-based consoles (Unless they backed by high publishers which always try to put it on both)

PS3 is your best bet.

Hope this helps :)

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I think either console will suit your needs. They both have their exclusives and each is a worthy system.

As far as backwards compatibility, Xbox 360 no longer offers it. They ported a lot of the games on the earlier systems, but stopped a few years ago. Not really a deal breaker, considering there was only a handful of games that were worth playing on current gen.

FragSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FragSponge
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

buy neither & use emulators; save some money / upgrade your PC