fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@Valkeerie: I'm pretty sure it was Kojima who got Blaustein fired. In an interview, even David Hayter said that Kojima was trying to get rid of him [Hayter] ever since the first MGS.

What @brenobnfm said is correct. The writing in MGS 1 is head and shoulders above the rest of the games. Kojima might have wanted the translation to stay true to his script, but many things in Japanese get lost in translation, and many things that sound cool in Japanese sound like crap in English.

MGS V might have a lot of gameplay variety, but it is one of the worst mainline MGS games I've ever played. Forcing upgrades in Mother Base to take hours, re-using the same 2 environments over and over again , few cutscenes and reliance on audio tapes etc.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow was much better than its sequel. The sequel had a cool story, amazing music, good visuals, but the design of the game was really bad.

The stealth sections, despite being like 6% of the game were dreadful. Having those Hellguard units that were invulnerable to friggin' Dracula was NOT a good idea. Also, some of the enemies were a pain in the neck to fight. They soaked up way too much hits before they croak. You are Dracula - you're supposed to feel overpowered against normal fry and at least on par with the strongest enemy types.

The story is cool but the way it was told was confusing. I didn't fully understand why Dracula kept going in and out of the Castle till I read the wiki and found that the Castle trying to keep Dracula stuck in it forever. Level design, despite the game being made hub like, faltered. It was really hard to get around and backtracking through areas with enemies that had bloated HP was irritating.

Same. Yet still, the middle portion of LoS2 was stellar. That art direction was drool-inducing.

langer4heasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 langer4heasa
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@Jacanuk:

@Jacanuk said:
@langer4heasa said:

@Jacanuk: call of duty? I really liked the new ones.

The one in space?

That one is the worst in the whole franchise.

No sorry, the I was referring to black ops 1 & 2 for zombie nazis alone I loved those games. Never played that one but just looked it up and it doesn't look great your right.