Resident Evil ORC opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts
this game hits in december i hear mixed opinions it's ganna be great or it's ganna be crap. to this point were back in 98 the RE golden age and yes it's back into action but we play as the villains thats already cool i mean RE 4 was alright but it was solid and it had leon. RE5 was bad....lul i mean i can vouche for a small portion but it was just action.....being a fan of the series since i was a kid is heartbreaking but im hopeing this one will be great
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

I played the game at PAX Prime and I am a long time RE fan and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. You really have to approach the game as it is, a squad-based third person shooter that just happens to be placed in the RE universe rather than an actual RE game. So it breaks canon, but RE games have always had multiple endings, some of which were canon and some that were not, so I don't think you can knock the game too much for that.

That aside, I think the game played really well. The fact that you are not only fighting against human opponents with guns, but also zombies and BOW's adds a new wrinkle to the formula, like how if you get hurt too much, or injure another player, they will bleed and attract zombies that will mob them. There's a good assortment of weapons that I saw and you can get special abilities like active camo, kind of like perks, I suppose.

The gameplay I thought was spot-on for a third-person shooter. The characters handled well and the shooting was without issue. One of the things I like most is that the melee button works no matter where an enemy is around you. If a zombie comes up behind you, if you hit melee your character automatically will attack behind them. If you keep hitting the button, you will chain attacks together if you are surrounded and the animations were pretty damn cool. I really liked the fact that it worked in 360-degrees around you character though.

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but even after the demo at PAX I am feeling pretty positive about the game. I think I may pick it up when the game is out. Just don't expect a traditional RE game, because it is not. This is a team-based action game. If you want something closer to older RE games, get Revelations for 3DS. I played that one as well and it felt way more like old RE games in terms of pacing and atmosphere than RE5 did.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts
lucky.....but no im not looking for generic but i have zombies back at this point thats kinda all that matters and thanks for the info i envy you played it
Mortos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 Mortos13
Member since 2010 • 304 Posts

I saw the gameplay and it looks pretty sweet.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Looks pretty darn good. I think it's just going to be one of those very fun games that you could sit back and have beer. My expectations for it are low, but I hope there will be a nice little surprise.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Gears of Evil
disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

I'm going to be honest. I think it's great Capcom is diversifying the Resident Evil franchise. RE1 and 2 were good. Unfortunately I didn't play 3, but I've preordered the Japanese 4 and Code Veronica HD remakes on PS3. 5 was incredibly fun (and more so on MP, although I'll admit my bias towards this as my first RE game), I really enjoyed Mercenaries on 3DS, and am looking forward to Revelations when it comes out next year. You've got a nice array of genres: classic 'survival horror' with 1, 2 and Revelations; 3rd-person action with 5 and Mercenaries, and a very promising Tactical 3rd-person shooter with Operation Raccoon City. I honestly don't get the fuss.

One final thing; I think a lot of people are forgetting that this entire franchise wasn't supposed to be 'Resident Evil'. It wasn't supposed to be about the supernatural phenomena of zombies rising from the dead. The original name for the franchise is 'BIOHAZARD', and it still is. By virtue of title alone, this game was supposed to be, from the beginning, about biohazard outbreaks arising from illegal pharmaceutical research into bio-weapons, and the subsequent fallout of these bio-weapons research programmes. If anything, I think the games are getting closer and closer tothis more accurateportrayal of what one would expect from this series, making more sense as we go along.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Change is good (RE5 could have used more change) but kind of like Silent Hill the shooter (aka Book of Memories) and X-com the shooter, ORC isn't a bold risk, but an act of cynical exploitation.

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I find that is will be an awesome game to play with my friends but not so much by myself.
nemiisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 nemiisis
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

Surely this is just left 4 dead really which is fun to play don't get me wrong but i'd prefer a proper resident evil

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

I find that is will be an awesome game to play with my friends but not so much by myself.UprootedDreamer

Yeah, I am not sure how the game will work solo, but multiplayer will be good fun, unless one of your teammates blows you up with a grenade like when I was playing it at PAX, lol.

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. But I just don't trust Slant-Six as a developer. Who knows, maybe this will be the game where they break that glass ceiling. But if their past games are any indication, this game will be average if we are very VERY lucky.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

It looks okay. It's no Outbreak 3 but I'll take it. :P