Requesting A Game, Taking Suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mullic
Member since 2015 • 37 Posts

Okay so, i am basically asking for a game to play, though i do have some things i would like, as well as some requirements (and apologies if these may seem somewhat... picky...), so first off, here are the requirements:

-does not require high grade gaming equipment or hardware (i'm not in that great of a financial situation) so nothing with extremely high graphics, fallout New Vegas on medium graphics at MOST.

-a 45gb download MAX limit for the game space (iv'e tried the immensely big download games, they end up being a waste of time and money...well, not all of them)

-no Warfare games, such as call of duty or battlefield as an example, i will not accept these as i am not a competitive (or rather hate being competitive) gamer... i am not saying they are only for competitive gamers, but my point stays as such.

- a challenge would be good, not not darksouls hard, i am a casual gamer, meaning i like to go at my own pace, so please, no excruciatingly painfully hard games, like fallout on normal would be great.

-price, as said, my financial situation is obviously not the greatest, i request around $20-$30 for price tag at most.

now the Preferences(aka optional but would like to have):

-first is the genres being rpg, adventure, crafting, free roam,and others in similarity, any combo of any two to three of these will do, and for setting, preferred fantasy, even like a final fantasy like with fantasy and some sci fi aspects will do (basically a mix with magic and science is what i meant, steam-punk, clockwork, ect).

-customization, as we all know, is a great thing, to make you'r character you'r own is just how anyone would want it, when i ask for this, i don't just strictly mean appearance (though it would be nice to control this), i also mean many other aspects of them, being armor, class, race, stats, basically, if you can make it you'rs, i consider it customizing.

-crafting, which i would debate if weather or not it would be part of customizing or not, but not all games have it as part (hence why it's in preferences,) but basically, i'm asking for an at-least decent system if there is one, in a sense of at-least like going out and killing creatures for materials to upgrades weapons and armor, like legaia 2.

-open world, the choice of freedom of location, weather it be done like musashi samurai legend, with hovering over a location with a giant flying whale, after unlocking it of course... to like fallout where just the edges of the map and gravity limit you (unless you are on pc... but to the point), i'm asking for freedom of location, and not something so linear like... a train i suppose would be a good(?) way to put it, with the doors locking behind you and you can't go back...

-action based combat, this one is HIGHLY optional, being that it can be turn based (legaia pulled it off so i'm sure other games have, digimon world 3 as a good example) i will admit i do prefer this, but but not so much over other forms that i turn down other combat styles.

-mods, like the one above, this is highly optional (as are all of these, but these are just less... of an issue) i love to play others content, and to see what others can come up with is great, but at the same time, this is not a turn away subject.

-multiplayer, i am merely mentioning this as a note saying: this is least of issues, and if it does have multiplayer, i would like it not to be the MAIN part of it (MMOs...), but it's not a issue if it does, though if it does, please keep away from strict (aka open world, massive murder, ect) pvp games... arena is okay, but just the pvp only combat or where players can kill you ANYWHERE is very annoying... (and in all truth, i suck at pvp, so it would'nt be any fun then...)

-End game, finally is as such, i would like option for after i Beat the main game, in example, legaia 2 is one game i loved to play, but hated beating because afterwords, i felt like if i had gone back to play before the last boss, i would always have that one thing hanging over me, basically, i'm asking for after end game content.

so as such, these are thing requirements and preferences of the game suggestions, to any who give me any ideas, thank you in advance.

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Have you thought about a text based rpg MUD? I play Avalon: The Legend Lives and it has a lot of what you're looking for. It is free to play, has PVP fighting, legion warfare, commodity collecting and crafting, breeding animals, mining for ore and so much more. There is no end game though, I've been playing for 19 years now and it never gets old. Just a suggestion :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Hey Mullic, welcome to Gamespot. I'm going to move this to the proper section. Hope you get the answers you're looking for =)

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mullic

@aryianna: actually, i'm not one FOR pvp, i don't mind it once in a while (good way to measure my skill level in a game in comparison to other players) but i prefer PVE more, pvp has just become so... overly competitive that i find it almost not worth it... and also (very sorry if this seems overly picky) i would actually like a game where i just control a single character, or i guess a better way to put it, one at a time, basically my name stems from the term mull aka mulling it over, basically, i think, over think, analyze everything, so the detail of "Fast pace", even by strategy terms, doesn't entirely agree with me, by this i mean i dont want to worry about having other players coming in and wrecking me in no time flat, as said, i don't mind arena, maybe like in the sense of dc universe (although last time i did pvp i got paired with a green lantern like guy who was 20 levels passed me, died in 3 minutes, if even...), so basically, if i may ask, more adventure if possible, i do like the idea of being able to construct an area though, like minecraft i suppose, sadly, I've grown tired of said game, just in the sense i've grown tired of it's look, i guess over all, think somewhat large (not so much as it requires a large system, just a lot of.... properties?), basically, i guess, the more freedom in the game, the better, with of course the restrictions of pvp in arena, i hate to sound picky on this, it's just to the point of, i've been searching for a game/ game series that really calls to me, and so far, the closest i've found is the .hack series (but i WOULD like the option to customize MY own character,and not just in appearance, again, sorry if i'm getting picky here...).

@korvus Oh, and to Korvus, thank you for both moving my subject to the correct area, and the welcome.

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

It's ok! :) I just wanted to throw it out there for you. I can understand your view and what you're looking for. Never apologize for having something specific in mind. Someone out there might have an idea for you! Good luck.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's not strictly fantasy, but I would suggest giving Vampire The Masquerade Blodlines a shot. I think it's available on Steam for around 15 bucks (and will likely be less during the summer sale). It features a lot of customization options and is an all around great RPG even though there's a section near the middle of the game that drags. It has a thoroughly engrossing world and story, too. It doesn't have everything you requested, but I'd check it out nonetheless. It's an awesome game. Plus, my computer runs it fine after I installed a fan made patch that updates it for current computers (and I have a non gaming laptop- the frame rate occasionally skipped but apart from that the game plays very well).

There's also Terraria, which is entirely about open ended world exploration. It's basically a 2D Minecraft done in a Metroidvania style with more focus on combat, armor, etc. Should play fine on your computer.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mullic

@turtlethetaffer: i'll check it out! and as for the "not strictly fantasy" detail, i'm not asking for completely fantasy, like the medieval dragons and all that, i mean like a sense of it, like star ocean, you know? multiple races, magic with science? ect.

and on the terraria note, have it, played it, loved it, man that game kept me entertained for months! (and some time after i discovered that it was getting modded...), on another note: i like how you guys are actually mentioning older games, basically, older doesn't mean bad! in many cases, it just means classic! (just look at fallout, or diablo, even daggerfall!)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I'd say that Mount & Blade: Warband meets most of your requirements. It's inexpensive and not highly demanding, while offering a great free-roaming and customisable experience, excellent melee combat, and some multiplayer options as well.

It's also a really great game, highly addictive. There's no story, but it's certainly worth a try.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

If you like adventure titles like Zelda and you also like gothic themes you should find a copy of Shadowman and download it. It is the most underplayed and underrated adventure game I've ever played. It is as good as OoT but the main character is a black man with a gun who travels between the world of the living and the world of the dead.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Just get Skyrim + mods

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mullic

@Planeforger: ah yes, i've heard great things about this one, i'll definitely have to give it a try!

@ldustin Shadowman i haven't heard of, but Ocarina of time i have, sadly, i couldn't get passed the first dungeon, being the giant tree... (note: 6 years old at the time, i gave up easily at the time... so yeah...), so with the Oot aspect in a gothic sense, sounds somewhat like it would hold simularities to Legacy of kain (with the obvious differences), overall i'll take a look to atleast see how it plays.

@Lulu_Lulu Unfortunately, i have done this well over just "too many times", i am just simply bored of skyrim, and to any who may suggest elder scrolls online, i HAVE tried it... it's a good game, it's just my hardware will not stay stable(?) enough to play it more than an hour before a crash report pops out of no where... so sorry, but i HAVE played the based elder scrolls games (except arena) and i am somewhat tired of such for the time, but to a side note, i will admit that if it weren't for mods, skyrim would have died a while ago (with maybe some necro here and there, kinda like just revisiting for good ol' times, ect)

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Well it's not in any way fantasy, but if you're willing to ignore its immaturity, any of the Saints Row games are pretty fun open worlds. The story is in no way riveting, but the game doesn't really care about the rules of the world and it's primary goal is to let you have fun. I'm not sure how modable it is, as i've never played it on PC, but it's heavily customizable on a character level, and it's extremely fun to play. I can't think of many other fantasy games that fit your budget or graphical requirements except for possibly Fable, but you could always try something like Just Cause as well, which has surprisingly low systme specs on PC

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mullic

@waffleboy22: i have both played and modded saints row 2 and 3 on pc and played a little of 4 on console at a friends house a while back, basically, for most of the known games, i have played, including fable on console, both 2 and 3, just cause lately i have been hearing a few things about that are pretty good, though as said higher up, fantasy isn't really a REQUIREMENT, it's a preference, and i'm not even asking as such for STRICTLY fantasy, just some sense if, meaning, if it's trying to have a fantasy genre, it should have a fantasy feel at least, a hint in a sense, like shadowrun, it's not Completely fantasy, but it still has enough to say it has fantasy IN it (this is just my explanation, i'm sure someone else could do better, but hey...i tried), i guess in a way, i'm asking for a game that isn't Extremely popular or well known, and something more... Unusual! I've tried all the top games, and those have only lasted so long, games like graffiti kingdom and shining force neo/exa that i played on ps2, they lasted AT LEAST a good few months before i even beat the game (i like to power level and Stratagize a little...yes i know i spelled that wrong...) and graffiti kingdom still had me holding on to it, because i could still play AFTER i beat it, still discovering things i missed, the point i'm trying to make is: try some games that are more unusual, keep away from the elderscrolls, fallouts, fables, ect... i'm not saying these aren't good, i'm saying I've beaten them to death and want something more... i don't know... i guess this is why i'm asking for help, basically, any unusual games that aren't the most popular yet you've had just as much fun as the top games? because frankly, bringing a second fallout to a group of fiends is losing it's entertainment by quite a lot...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@mullic: The setting of Vampire is modern, but there's a strong atmosphere and great lore (about the world, the way vampire life works, the politics of it all, characters, etc.). There's definitely a feeling of "grounded fantasy" if that makes sense.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mullic

@turtlethetaffer: actually, yes it does, just because something is in modern time does'nt not mean it can't be fantasy, referring to MULTIPLE anime series here... and i actually watched a video on the tutorial, and so far... it actually made plenty of sense in terms of the mythology comparison... and just that bit and it's already better then twilight (Had to be said, sorry...). but yeah, i'll look into getting it when i can, i'm still a little on the... financially limited side until the first of the month, and again, thank you everyone who has so far given me suggestions!

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mullic

well i hate to bump(?) my own topic (kinda makes me feel desperate... but at the same time i kinda am...), but my quest still continues for that a game! i have tried "bloodlines" a bit a little bit past the tutorial, and well... it just doesn't grab me in, in a sense... i can't entirely explain it, it has a dark setting, with some morbid comedy, and does have some things on mythology that actually WOULD make sense! (i hate when they throw mythology off... *cough* twilight...) and all of these i actually enjoy! (especially the guy in the tutorial, actually made me chuckle plenty.) but at the same time.... i don't know, just something missing that would make it be able to call "My Game" if that makes sense? in the sense of which no matter what mood i'm in, i could always count on the game to give me entertainment and give me a fun time no matter what! not sure if this makes sense to anyone... i guess a game that you would WANT to play even after 5 years of it's official release (thought that may be skyrim... but around 190 mods, i started to think "this is really starting to drag on...") i guess... well as said in an earlier note i made, i guess try to stray from top popularity games, and search for the strange but good, the not so popular yet under rated games, the kind of games that make you think that they pick game's names out of a hat for the grand openings, and these were just left to be un-buried later on by others! (or in this case, found by few then spread along to others.) also, after some self examination and analysis (yes my mind works that fast, AND I hate it...) either going cartoon-y or somewhere along those lines may be better just to settle this, it may just be my inner child saying "I want more cartoon graphics!" but i'm entirely certain... (most likely inner child...) and on another note, i WOULD like to up the "Mod" part, or at least user made content ( i would LIKE to, but it won't be a deal breaker... unless it would make the game, like minecraft...my opinion), it doesn't HAVE to have some large name site (ex:nexus) in mods, it could even be something simplistic in mods, like elder scrolls online, no content changes, just mere UI and small changes as such, how ever, if the game is MMO, i can get over the modding thing (in consideration that most MMO's don't allow modding), so basically, this being a temporary addition to preferences, and thanks in advance!

PS: and apologies for my long posts... i tend to get into too much detail way to quickly...