Remedy explain why Quantum Break is taking so long

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flamydragon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

Edited By flamydragon86
Member since 2014 • 97 Posts

With a release date lined up for 5 April next year and a leading man that was always meant to be Iceman(from X-Men, not Top Gun), history altering Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break is so close we can almost taste it. However, that date hasn't made those previous delays any easier to stomach (even if Remedy is aiming to put the 'time travel' back in 'time travel'). In the latest issue of Edge, creative director Same 'Max Payne face' Lake explains the project needs every second of that extra time to perfect its potential unique experience.

“It’s many things,” he says. “Just thinking about Quantum Break, as an example, there’s a lot of new technology, [Xbox One is] a new platform, it’s a new universe, new story, there’s new core gameplay. [That means] a lot of prototyping, and a lot of discovery. On the whole show side, there are a lot of challenges to figure out. It does end up taking time and, yes, we want to keep the quality high, so we don’t want to make certain kinds of compromises, and are always making sure that this is iterated enough and polished enough and it’s as good as it deserves to be.”

That doesn't mean the Finnish studio isn't capable of pulling together a game in double-quick time - take the bullet-timey sequel to Max Payne. “I’m still really of proud of Max Payne 2,” adds Lake. “All in all, I felt that it was a really polished experience [that took] certain things from Max Payne further, and that took 18 months. Doing a sequel to something is obviously different to building something from the ground up.”

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

forget all that BS. Same reason Alan Wake took so long. Remedy is slow. Maybe it's staff, resources, or whatever, but probably not because they're doing anything unique. Still, Alan Wake was worth it, so we wait. Company has a track record of long dev times, though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'd rather wait a little longer if we get games like Max Payne & Alan Wake... I trust them :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Take as long as you want Remedy and make a kick ass game as you always do.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'd rather wait a little longer if we get games like Max Payne & Alan Wake... I trust them :)

Same here.