Questions about No Man`s Sky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red_Chili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Red_Chili
Member since 2014 • 94 Posts

Hi everyone

I was on the Website from No Man`s Sky but i don`t understand a few things.

1. Can i do more then only Discover Planets and get Resources?
  2. If i discover a Planet, is that "my" Planet?
  3. Exists a Economy System?

For me this Game is only about Discovering Planets, and that is boring after a few Days or Weeks.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@red_chili: There will be training, creature and space combat, terraforming, and mining, as only a few of the revealed activities.

Red_Chili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Red_Chili

@mastermetal777 said:

@red_chili: There will be training, creature and space combat, terraforming, and mining, as only a few of the revealed activities.

What you mean with Terraforming? And am i the Owner from a Planet i Discover?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@red_chili: No, you don't really "own" it. You just discover it, and any area that you're in can be terraformed, probably for resource management

Red_Chili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Red_Chili

@mastermetal777 said:

@red_chili: No, you don't really "own" it. You just discover it, and any area that you're in can be terraformed, probably for resource management

Ok Thanks, i test the Game, but it`s not a Game i really want now.

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

@red_chili: I was very happy when I saw this thread - I'm so excited for No Man's Sky!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there is much more to do - trading, FPS (as in first person shooting), exploring and more - there will be combat.
2. No, not as such. The planet will have been discovered by you, and when people go to this planet it will say that you discovered it - but it's not "yours".
3. I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of economy system. Sean Murray did say that you will be able to trade items and sell resources and such.

Red_Chili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Red_Chili

@lozozozozoz said:

@red_chili: I was very happy when I saw this thread - I'm so excited for No Man's Sky!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there is much more to do - trading, FPS (as in first person shooting), exploring and more - there will be combat.

2. No, not as such. The planet will have been discovered by you, and when people go to this planet it will say that you discovered it - but it's not "yours".

3. I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of economy system. Sean Murray did say that you will be able to trade items and sell resources and such.

Ok thanks, but i read, the Multiplayer-Mode comes later for the Game. I guess in the beginning, you only can play alone?

Would be nice if you can build Buildings on the Planets you discovered and build a town something like this. I hope every Galaxie have a Market Place, i don`t want sell items through the Chat.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@red_chili: They've stated many times they don't consider the game much of a multiplayer game, even if you can find and interact with others.

However, seeing as one of the objectives will be to reach the center of the galaxy, the closer you are to that, the more likely it will be to find other players.

Red_Chili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Red_Chili

@ianhh6 said:

@red_chili: They've stated many times they don't consider the game much of a multiplayer game, even if you can find and interact with others.

However, seeing as one of the objectives will be to reach the center of the galaxy, the closer you are to that, the more likely it will be to find other players.

Thanks, but why should i play Online if the Game is not made for Multiplayer? Need i pay monthly Fees to play the Game?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@red_chili said:

@ianhh6 said:

Thanks, but why should i play Online if the Game is not made for Multiplayer? Need i pay monthly Fees to play the Game?

There won't be a monthly fee (expect to see less and less of those anyways) and while interaction with other players may be limited (nonexistent is you want, even), the explorable galaxy will be shaped by the actions of other players, so you will find yourself directly or indirectly affected by other players at some point or another. For this you will need to be online.

Also just because the game isn't explicitly made for multiplayer like, say, an MMO, doesn't mean multiplayer can't and won't be an important feature within the game.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I still have problems trying to see the appeal of the game, If it's set up so you can interact with others also playing the game if you meet them but the odds of meeting them is so little, including your friends, then it sounds like a exploration game where you just wander around, collecting resources in hopes that you might one day stumble across another player.