Punk Busted off COD, AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigCrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigCrmr
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Can anyone help me please. I keep being Punk Busted and kicked of maps on COD United Offensive. WHY WHY WHY???

I get a message on screen that says I am Punked for 0mins and then PnkBstr.exe and (PnkBstr.sys) ffao. Whats happening, it's very frustraiting. HEEEELLLPPPP!!!! Anyone??

Oh, how do you add personal sound effects as in speach and music to your character when you kill someone or you are killed.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Are there any descriptive error messages or anything? Are you using Vista or XP? I know that you can be Punkbusted for playing BF2 on Vista without properly configuring the shortcut to give you administrative privilages...
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
See if your anti-virus or firewall are blocking them. You can also download pbsetup and see if there are any updates. Make sure punkbusterA and punkbusterB are working in your task manager and then lastly you can go into your CoD folder and find the pb folder and run pnkbstr.exe while you are playing.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
I know what it is, its this new PB EXE. that gets put on your PC and runs 24-7 even if you don't play any games its a horrible intrusive program PnkBusterA and PnkbusterB I won't play PB games online anymore cheating sucks but Punkbuster sucks more. You might have to uninstall the the games and reinstall them to get PB to update properly. You might also have to go to evenbalance.com and get the manual updater. But I'm telling the programs run on your pc as a process all the time even when your not playing a game with PB active it uses too much memory and causes problems. Good luck, these days I'm sticking toxbox 360 online, I get tired of dealing with online crap on the pc, punkbuster is just horrible frocing this on people with 2, 3 or even 4,5 year old games is just dumb. I refuse to let punkbuster run wild on my PC bloated crap. Try the non PB games in the list, cheating is better than a crappy broken bloated program.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Bear

Also if you insist on running a PB games you can do this, get your PB up to date, let PB A PBB run when you play the game, then go into Admin Tools in your control panel, go to process PnkbusterA then disable it. It won't run until you enable it again PB B won't run unless PB A is running so that way you can still use without PB bloating your system, only enable PB A right before you play, then disable it and stop process after play. Thats how I'm doing it now.

a

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Your firewall is blocking it.

Bear, if what you say is true, how come I don't have those processes running?

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Bear

Your firewall is blocking it.

Bear, if what you say is true, how come I don't have those processes running?

RK-Mara

Either your playing on non PB server or its an old non updated PB server.