PS3 / Xbox 360 temperature

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Atheno
Member since 2004 • 1902 Posts

So this is a question geared towards consoles. I have a gaming pc, and I tend to get the best things to keep it cool. Like Coolermaster cpu fans, antec computer towers, so on so on. So keeping things running cool, and in tip top shape is a big part of my gaming hobby. So when it comes to consoles it is no different. So this leads to the question at hand, and if this has been asked before, then I'm sorry because my lazy forum browsing ways have made me not look for it.

Question:

Does playing the 360 or PS3, ( or even better, if someone can tell me the answer for both), in a lower resolution, example, 720P instead of 1080P while playing games, make the system run any cooler? I have been wanting to test the theory out but I do not have a means to measure the temperature the systems are giving off, only my hand, which isn't always the best way to go. I have noticed though, while playing some games that do not have the...best programming so to speak, like Divinity 2, for xbox 360. Playing it on 720P decreases the pixeled edges, that show easier on 1080P. So I wonder..does that make the GPU run less? And what about playing PS3 or 360 on 420p? If anyone has tested this before, I'm dying to know the results. For me, performance and health of system > graphics, so playing it on lower resoultion is fine by me IF it shows results.