PS3 HD Collections and Remakes...need advice.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

Which PS3 HD Collections and Remakes are must owns, even if you already own the PS2 originals (according to most people, and not just YOU)?

Which ones should be avoided at all costs (according to most people, and not just YOU)?

Which ones are must owns, but only if you don't already own the PS2 version(s) (according to most people, and not just YOU)?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Nothing is a must own if you already own the old games imo...but I bought these games due to the HD upgrades, but my rule is I have to buy them on sale if I already owned the PS2 originals. These HD collections listed below I feel are 'must owns' for me even though I owned the PS2 originals:

---

God of War Origins Collection which was great for those that skipped the PSP GOW games (I didn't but I wanted the HDness).

God of War SAGA COLLECTION (GOW 1-3, GOW CoO, GOW GOS)

Ratchet & Clank Collection. (R&C 1-3)

Zone of the Enders Collection. (ZOE 1-2)

The Sly Cooper Collection (Sly 1-3)

Devil May Cry Collection (DMC 1-3)

Silent Hill Collection. (SH 1-3)

Resident Evil Collection. (RE 1-6)

I also own the ones you own (ICO, MGS, GOW, Jak, etc) and that's about it.

Also, there is the God of War SAGA Collection which combines the God of War Collection and God of War Origins Collection plus adds in GOWIII (5 game collection).

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy: That didn't really answer my questions at all, but thanks for that anyways...I guess.

Oh, and I already owned the PS2 versions of the HD games I bought, and most of them, especially ICO were vastly superior than their PS2 counterparts, IMO. So, sometimes an HD collection could be considered a must buy even if you already own the PS2 original.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: That didn't really answer my questions at all, but thanks for that anyways...I guess.

Oh, and I already owned the PS2 versions of the HD games I bought, and most of them, especially ICO were vastly superior than their PS2 counterparts, IMO. So, sometimes an HD collection could be considered a must buy even if you already own the PS2 original.

Well, I own all of those so that's my answer.

You asked:

Which PS3 HD Collections and Remakes are must owns, even if you already own the PS2 originals? (The ones I listed above. I own all of the PS2 games and I re-bought those.)

Which ones should be avoided at all costs? (the ones I didn't list like Hitman Collection, Prince of Persia, or Splinter Cell collection Then again, someone else may love those collections)

Which ones are must owns, but only if you don't already own the PS2 version(s)? (Considering I own all the PS2 games I want, and I own all the PS3 games I want. I'm not sure how to answer this one question. What is a "must own" is personal and subjective. For me, what I bought above is a must own and I owned the PS2 games. The ones I didn't list I also own but I didn't care to rebuy in an HD collection (POP, SC, ETC)

I already own God of War Collection, MGS Collection, Team ICO collection, and Jak Collection.

---

For me, the HD upgrade was worth checking out...BUT at a reduced price since I owned all the PS2 originals. The games are now cheaper so price shouldn't be an obstacle.

The MGS Collection and the Silent Hill collection did have issues though that bothered me. SH was patched for a few bugs, and the MGS collection removed parts of the PS2 originals. In some ways, the MGS games found on PS2 are better than the HD ports (Kojima didn't make the MGS collection).Yeah, they aren't HD though, so there was that.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy: Just because YOU bought a game doesn't make it a must own. (99 % of gamers wouldn't call the Devil May Cry Collection and Silent Hill collection must own collections)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: Just because YOU bought a game doesn't make it a must own. (99 % of gamers wouldn't call the Devil May Cry Collection and Silent Hill collection must own collections)

Then nothing is a must own.

MUST OWN IS SUBJECTIVE as I typed out.

Nothing gaming related is a must own since technically Must Owned goods would be products that aid in humanities survival like food. Games are just entertainment.

You see my problem with your phrasing? It's too subjective.

If someone hate ICO and SOTC, it's not a must own to them. It doesn't matter the ratings, they hate them and wouldn't list those titles.

I listed what I would consider MUST OWN and I TOLD YOU THE entire time it was subjective. It's your wording that I'm struggling with since everything I own (I'm a collector), none of it is MUST OWN to me.

I think SH and DMC are amazing, but you don't. That's fine. Others I know hate MGS, and I like it. What else is there to discuss? You made up a random percentage but think that 100% of the internet is always right and wrong.

If you define the parameters on what YOU CONSIDER a MUST OWN TITLE, I can comply, but until you define what YOU THINK MUST OWN Titles are, then I'm simply posting games and you are going to disqualify every game I list based on whatever hidden parameters you created, i.e. subjective.

I was nice enough to comment and TRY to answer your odd question. That counts for something.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

What the heck?

You got problems, amigo. None of that super emotional rant, hate, or those ad hominems were called for. I was the only one nice enough to try to answer this ill conceived thread and this was the reaction you gave. You seem very entitled.

I feel bad for anyone else that attempts to answer what YOU think Must Own titles are so they too can be told they are wrong by whatever reasons you decide to list in this incredibly subjective thread of "Must Own" titles! I'm sure they will have no choice but to include games in my list to boot.

Read my first post again, I was very polite all the way through this, it's you that are acting out.

BTW: DMC 1 & 3 are great, so although DMC 2 isn't great, the collection contains TWO GREAT Games, the same number of great games in the GOW collection and the ICO collection.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By psx2514

@SolidTy: You didn't answer my thread. You just posted irrelevant bullshit in order to try to argue the semantics of my post. I hope you feel good about yourself. It must be exhilarating for you to point out the shortcomings of people's posts on here.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: You didn't answer my thread. You just posted irrelevant bullshit in order to try to argue the semantics of my post. I hope you feel good about yourself. It must be exhilarating for you to point out the shortcomings of people's posts on here.

That wasn't my intention. I didn't post BS, I did list HD collections that I bought and considered quite good. Even if you didn't like my list, perhaps you could have seen a few gems above since it's a subjective list.

I sought out to list HD games that I actually bought because I felt they were MUST OWN titles. I bought them and I owned the PS2 originals, so I just have thought they were MUST OWN since I paid money cash for them.

I don't know what else to tell you. There are game collections I didn't list like POP, SC, and Hitman because I didn't buy them. They were not MUST OWN to me.

You could simply rifle though my list and decide that perhaps one or two of the games may in fact be MUST OWN to you, perhaps?

The Ratchet Collection is a fine collection. Those games were critically admired just like Jak. You bought Jak, perhaps you would like Ratchet.

Did you want a list of Collections that contained high Metascored PS2 games? I don't know. I tried. I listed what I thought were good and bought and paid money for.

I did not list the games you listed but I owned them as well.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psx2514

@SolidTy: I'm not arguing with you about this anymore, and just because I choose not to argue with you anymore doesn't mean that you won the argument. If you can't figure out that I'm referring to the technical quality of the HD collections, and not the quality of the games themselves, that's your problem.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@psx2514 said:

@SolidTy: I'm not arguing with you about this anymore, and just because I choose not to argue with you anymore doesn't mean that you won the argument. If you can't figure out that I'm referring to the technical quality of the HD collections, and not the quality of the games themselves, that's your problem.

Alrighty then. I didn't spazz out on you after all.

If you are referring to the technical quality, then you should know the Ratchet Collection is as good as the Jak collection.

The Sony collections are well done (Jak, Ratchet, God of War, ICO, Sly Cooper, SOTC). The SH collection being that Konami outsourced has issues, yes.

I also offered in my first post the God of War ORIGINS Collection which was also a fine HD collection both technically as well as a good collection of quality games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i only heard bad things about Silent Hill tbh

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points