PS2...god of war 1 and 2 problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbest2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbest2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
so i'm having problems in both god of war 1 and 2...in god of war 1 when i reach desert of lost souls it keeps loading for hours and that is it...in god of war 2 when i reach ruin of forgottens ...the same problem...just loading and for hours.....the thing is that i donn't have any problems with other games...any TIPS...problem from console or DVDs ? :S
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
try cleaning the discs and also see if maybe you can clean out the dvd drive/laser. sounds like its having issues reading the dvd's .
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts
Sounds like you PS2 is not reading the disc so do what the person above said but be cafeful when you try to clean the PS2 laser reader. I suggest you don't because you probably going to damage it but you could try restarting the system and get there again.
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

Take the game off widescreen...that's what I do, and it always work.

bobbest2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 bobbest2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i tried cleaning the discs but it would not work....i don't think it's the console bcz i don't have problems with any other games...it just puts loading if i leave it for several hours it won't stop...loading with red yellow coulour change..you would think it's runnin:s...and what did u mean about wide screen ?while its loading i cant go to menu..any cleaning discs method?
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#6 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Best thang I could thank of is cleaning it but if that didn't help I don't know what to tell you. Mine would stop and say loading sometimes but it wouldn't do it for a long time.
the_requiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 the_requiem
Member since 2005 • 5954 Posts
I had some issues at the part AFTER Lost souls in GoW1. try this.. when you get to that part, pop open the tray, take out the disc, clean it, and then put it back in... it worked for me for a while, but again disc gave problems later on. finally got my hands on a brand new disc and so far so good [reached Challenge of Hades without any issues so far] I think getting a new disc might be only option you have. try this, try to make a copy of disc and see if it goes fine... if not, then your disc is beyond salvage. if it does, and yours is modded, use the copy [will be brand new, so no cleaning issues]. and once you finish the game, pop in the original to watch the extras.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
the only problem that i've had with god of war is that on god more... AFTER i've beaten Aries' first form and the army of clones, i get to Aries' final form and right as i'm about to kill him, my game freezes and i just get sounds of grunting and gnashing and junk... it's happened twice and only on god mode... and that's the only thing that i've got left to do in the game...
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#9 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
the only problem that i've had with god of war is that on god more... AFTER i've beaten Aries' first form and the army of clones, i get to Aries' final form and right as i'm about to kill him, my game freezes and i just get sounds of grunting and gnashing and junk... it's happened twice and only on god mode... and that's the only thing that i've got left to do in the game...sofaking_bob
O really that stinks lol I never had any bad problems out of my disk.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
[QUOTE="sofaking_bob"]the only problem that i've had with god of war is that on god more... AFTER i've beaten Aries' first form and the army of clones, i get to Aries' final form and right as i'm about to kill him, my game freezes and i just get sounds of grunting and gnashing and junk... it's happened twice and only on god mode... and that's the only thing that i've got left to do in the game...bigd575
O really that stinks lol I never had any bad problems out of my disk.

i've seen a couple of YouTube videos with the same thing happen... which is why i haven't shattered the game and bought another. i think it only happens on the greatest hits version.
smithkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smithkel
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i got god of war 2 and i doesn't start up in my ps2. i exchanged the game two times and the SAME THING! can anyone help me with this
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
When I picked up GH GOW new at GS it would freeze after the Hydra. I brought it back and the new copy worked fine.
StrongestBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StrongestBoy
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I just got god of war a few days ago.I played for a long time and thought I would finish the game but when I got into Pandora' s temple and a huge door was there.When I ran in it started loading.It took a long time and I had to reset my ps2.It has happened thrice.If anybody has an answer just let me know

Ramki_shane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ramki_shane
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Jeez i hav got the same prblm in my ps2 too..I finished GOW3 ..So i wanted to complete 1 & 2 too,, but my god this feezing problem is bugging me like helll....please help
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
...couldn't find an older thread to resurrect?
mazenmagdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mazenmagdy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
hi i have god of war 1&2 in gow 1 the game just stops the upper levels of bandoras temple in gow 2 the gamehas this thing when i cross the weed kratus just fall and the game wont restart from the last save and thats it and one more thing is there any god of war 3 for ps2
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="mazenmagdy"]hi i have god of war 1&2 in gow 1 the game just stops the upper levels of bandoras temple in gow 2 the gamehas this thing when i cross the weed kratus just fall and the game wont restart from the last save and thats it and one more thing is there any god of war 3 for ps2

no