Project Spark's pay to play toned down, beta now public

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/project-spark-microtransactions-scaled-back-after-criticism

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22298/20140318/project-spark-beta-news-open-time-out.htm

If you haven't played the beta yet, then you don't know that Spark Time was required to play user content that used items from a paid DLC. If you didn't own the DLC that the designer used then you had to pay a small fee ($1 for 24 hours) to play their game. No more. Project Spark has done away with spark Time so now ALL the content is available for FREE. It's b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

If you have an Xbox One, now you have no excuse not to give Project Spark a shot.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Almost 6 hours and not one post. Apparently we are the only one that care about this game. This is GREAT news. I am wondering if the game will make enough money. You can basically play other people's creations for free but have to pay to make your own. Idk if that will work or not.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I thought this was in closed beta. Can anyone download it? I'd really like to try it, especially with this news about the removal of the nickel and diming stuff. :)

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Well good to hear they got rid of that I really like the concept of Project Spark anything with user content like this I'm usually down for I'll definitely check it out eventually

On another note

That video would have been 100% more enjoyable without linkin park in it.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CarnageHeart

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

I thought this was in closed beta. Can anyone download it? I'd really like to try it, especially with this news about the removal of the nickel and diming stuff. :)

Yes, anyone can download it and play it now.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Yes, anyone can download it and play it now.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

I have had the beta for almost 2 weeks now and have not really put much time into it. Thank TitanFall for that!

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart

@Areez said:

I have had the beta for almost 2 weeks now and have not really put much time into it. Thank TitanFall for that!

Yeah, opening up the beta opposite Titanfall kind of makes me question the sanity of the design team.

Here is a video I stumbled across on Youtube showing off some cool Project Spark creations.

Loading Video...