Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The new Fox engine looks amazing. Definitely going to buy this

Update:

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 0

#2 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Being cautious about this one... Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 was on the Fox Engine as well, and it is flat-out the worst game in the entire franchise; I'm still playing PES 2013 as the result.
That was an engine switch and the same thing happened with 2008, hopefully they'll iron out the numerous flaws and add features that are missing in 2014

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@SovietsUnited said:

Being cautious about this one... Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 was on the Fox Engine as well, and it is flat-out the worst game in the entire franchise; I'm still playing PES 2013 as the result.

That was an engine switch and the same thing happened with 2008, hopefully they'll iron out the numerous flaws and add features that are missing in 2014

I think the issue was that the PS3 didn't handle it so well

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SovietsUnited

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Not just PS3, PC as well; I played it on both platforms and PC has the same issues

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@SovietsUnited said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Not just PS3, PC as well; I played it on both platforms and PC has the same issues

Oh well, maybe they weren't used to it. I think they have a handle on things now hopefully

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Fox Engine looks super nice when used in-game. Hopefully Konmani will let other developers to purchase/Lincisise it for their games.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Ehh...still playing an updated version of PES 5/WE9. The last good one they made.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I've always prefered this over FIFA...

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SovietsUnited

@bussinrounds said:

Ehh...still playing an updated version of PES 5/WE9. The last good one they made.

PES 6 is better imo

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I prefer Fifa for last few years, although I hate EA for releasing the same game since 2010 with minor changes. The game engine on PES is better I agree on that.

However I only play single player seasons offline, and the career mode on Fifa is more to my needs, all the real leagues teams etc. I like a real season to played realistically, so have all tiers of the English League and all cup and European Competitions in the game.

I play as one Player using be a pro and like to fashion out a career over several clubs through the years, the scope of PES career mode is not enough for what I want.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@thehig1 said:

I prefer Fifa for last few years, although I hate EA for releasing the same game since 2010 with minor changes. The game engine on PES is better I agree on that.

However I only play single player seasons offline, and the career mode on Fifa is more to my needs, all the real leagues teams etc. I like a real season to played realistically, so have all tiers of the English League and all cup and European Competitions in the game.

I play as one Player using be a pro and like to fashion out a career over several clubs through the years, the scope of PES career mode is not enough for what I want.

I dont know why anyone would think that PES is anywhere close to FIFA in graphics, even most PES fanboys admit as much and always seem to hold the gameplay in PES high and talk about FIFA as being to "easy"

And even the trailer it was nothing like FIFA 15

Loading Video...

So not to make this into a FIFA - PES systems war thread but one thing PES can't compete with FIFA on is graphics, its getting close i will admit that but FIFA still have a superior lead. Not to mention they sure know how to make trailers, anyone who is a real football fan will know exactly what he means in the start.

And that brings a last thing, i personally will not ever play a game that calls my sport Soccer, its a disgrace its call FOOTball. ;)

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SovietsUnited

^

:D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

I have played FIFA and it has better modes to keep you playing like Seasons and Ultimate Team. But nothing comes close to what PES has managed with Master League. The gameplay has alaways been better and more sim compared to FIFA. But it did miss something that 2013 had. My theory is that they made two teams. One minor team to finish 2014 and the other one to make it for next gen with Fox engine

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

^

:D

That is a american cover :) or a fake one,

This is the real cover

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I may give PES a chance this time around.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@SovietsUnited said:

@bussinrounds said:

PES 6 is better imo

5 is the most realistic in terms of the balance between offense and defense.

6 was just way too easy to possess the ball, create chances, dribble through players, ect..

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

I have played FIFA and it has better modes to keep you playing like Seasons and Ultimate Team. But nothing comes close to what PES has managed with Master League. The gameplay has alaways been better and more sim compared to FIFA. But it did miss something that 2013 had. My theory is that they made two teams. One minor team to finish 2014 and the other one to make it for next gen with Fox engine

I like realistic season, the Master League does not happen in real life so I cannot get immersed in it. On a career game on Fifa nothing beats real premiership games, then a real League Cup game, and a real FA cup game against real English Teams.

I love being able to rotate my squad if I get someone like Torqauy in the 3rd round of the cup, or if im a young Pro player its my chance to impress.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

I like realistic season, the Master League does not happen in real life so I cannot get immersed in it. On a career game on Fifa nothing beats real premiership games, then a real League Cup game, and a real FA cup game against real English Teams.

I love being able to rotate my squad if I get someone like Torqauy in the 3rd round of the cup, or if im a young Pro player its my chance to impress.

How is the Master League not real? It's the same exact thing compared to FIFA, only with deeper progression and you can even play on the National Team level.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

How is the Master League not real? It's the same exact thing compared to FIFA, only with deeper progression and you can even play on the National Team level.

1 . I cant start at lower league side and work my way up in the master league,

2 . cant play in real cup fixtures in there real format,

3. Cant move to a variety of different leagues later in my career if I choose

4. Fixtures are made up for first season and they are at odd choices for match days(although Fifa cocks this up after your first season 2, even football manager can balls this up)

5.Licenses in General, they do help I wish EA didn't hog them, I know you can get custom option files but it doesn't beat Fifa licensed teams and competitions.

6. No loan deals, I did not notice any CPU teams do loan deals in my Master League game I tried, on Fifa Stoke loaned Thomas Rosicky, and Crystal Palace loaned Javier Hernandez, little things like that help the realism

I have just thought on, isn't Fifa Ultimate Team a more compatible comparison to the Master League, both can be fun for the right player.

However its not for me I enjoy my football game as close to simulation of a potential real season as possible.

Its why Football Manager is my favorite football game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

4. Fixtures are made up for first season and they are at odd choices for match days(although Fifa cocks this up after your first season 2, even football manager can balls this up)

5.Licenses in General, they do help I wish EA didn't hog them, I know you can get custom option files but it doesn't beat Fifa licensed teams and competitions.

6. No loan deals, I did not notice any CPU teams do loan deals in my Master League game I tried, on Fifa Stoke loaned Thomas Rosicky, and Crystal Palace loaned Javier Hernandez, little things like that help the realism

I have just thought on, isn't Fifa Ultimate Team a more compatible comparison to the Master League, both can be fun for the right player.

However its not for me I enjoy my football game as close to simulation of a potential real season as possible.

1, yes you can

2, yes you can

3, yes you can, Japan, South america, other leagues in europe.

4, so fixture schedule is an issue?

5, EA has a deal on them which makes PES not being able to have some of the licenses. So that one is true

6, Yes you can loan players...

Have you actually played PES?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

1, yes you can

2, yes you can

3, yes you can, Japan, South america, other leagues in europe.

4, so fixture schedule is an issue?

5, EA has a deal on them which makes PES not being able to have some of the licenses. So that one is true

6, Yes you can loan players...

Have you actually played PES?

1) No you cant - I mean from League 2 were I will pay League sides like Hartlepool, Portsmouth, Bury, Carlisle etc. Its awesome on "be a pro" to be play for a top team like Manchester United but your not good enough yet as your only 18, so you get loaned out to bury to develop.

2. I mean the FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Johnstones Paint Trophy etc.The league rules are accurate in Fifa too, so if you finish 7th in the premiership you could still make the Europa League depending on who wins the domestic cups. Another example is you could make the FA cup final and loose and still qualify for the Euro League

3. Kind of, but not good enough,a lot of leagues are missing the Scottish Premier, lower divisions in England,France,Germany and Italy. Russia, Belgium and Germany leagues are not in PES either.

Also there a bunch of random teams that do not fit in, as there domestic league in its entirety is not included, or the team is made up. For example teams like CSKA Moscow, Celtic, Bayern Munich, Galatasary, Sparta Prague, Anderlecht are in the game without their respective domestic leagues in the game.

They are lumped into a random division on PES, which doesn't sit right seeing teams like that in the same division.

4. Yes, its bloody annoying in all football games, although I admit every football game I've played is guilty of it, Football Manager being the worst. Playing a league game on a Saturday followed on by a cup game about 48 hours later, then a midweek European game is over the top, Sometimes on fifa and football manager they will reschedule one your games due to fixture congestion.

5. I hate EA, and I hate fifa, because it could be so much better if they ironed out glitches that have been there since 2010!!!! and bothered to improve the career mode instead of blowing all the budget on ultimate team and online.

Sucks to be in the minority, not many gamers who play football games are like me, a lot are happy playing online and building ultimate teams. I love to be in scrappy season in League 2 as a center midfielder and contribute the best I can to the team, seasons like that on fifa are as real a football experience I've had in gaming.

6. You can loan them, but they CPU rarely, or never does between each other.

Yes I've played PES, I used to play ISS on the PS1 and have bought most of the games up to PES 2014, I missed out on ISS PRO 98 because It was pretty much the same as ISS, and I think I might have missed the odd PES from the Ps2/Xbox Era.

I keep buying PES because the game engine is better, so when I play with Friends with beers etc, its better than Fifa for that.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@thehig1 said:

I dont know why anyone would think that PES is anywhere close to FIFA in graphics, even most PES fanboys admit as much and always seem to hold the gameplay in PES high and talk about FIFA as being to "easy"

Loading Video...

So not to make this into a FIFA - PES systems war thread but one thing PES can't compete with FIFA on is graphics, its getting close i will admit that but FIFA still have a superior lead. Not to mention they sure know how to make trailers, anyone who is a real football fan will know exactly what he means in the start.

And that brings a last thing, i personally will not ever play a game that calls my sport Soccer, its a disgrace its call FOOTball. ;)

Are you blind?The only thing they improved this year was the grass. PES 15 looks better judging from this trailer, the player models look wayyy better than Fifa's, which look like people made of clay.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thehig1

@huerito323 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@thehig1 said:

Loading Video...

Are you blind?The only thing they improved this year was the grass. PES 15 looks better judging from this trailer, the player models look wayyy better than Fifa's, which look like people made of clay.

there's not really a big enough difference in the graphics of each game for it to be a deciding factor on which one I play, its more the stuff I mentioned in previous posts of this thread.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1:

1, yes you can, and i thought you meant Master League.

2, Europe League is in PES mate

3, again, because EA is hogging the licenses

4, they fixed it in PES 2012

so if you have played all of the games like me, how come you did not know this?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1:

1, yes you can, and i thought you meant Master League.

2, Europe League is in PES mate

3, again, because EA is hogging the licenses

4, they fixed it in PES 2012

1. No you cant, and you know this, The Championship, League 1 and League 2 are not in the game so I what previously described cannot happen like I said.

The lower leagues not being there hurts the feeling of a league season as there is no relegation or promotion within a certain Countries domestic league.

On PES I cant get relegated with West Brom, then have to play to Championship football the following season.

2. Yes it is, but the qualification for it is not real, the rules for qualification I explained in previous post are not present on PES. I once lost as Ipswich in the FA Cup Final, finished 8th in Championship and didn't get promoted, but still qualified for Europa League.

3. My points is already made

4. Not really it still happens to a certain degree.

Because what you just said is wrong, your not reading my points.

I take you have not played Fifa Career mode in any real depth, otherwise you might appreciate my points.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1: There is a championship league, but not with all the teams. You can get relegated, what are you talking about? You can still make it to Europe league if you finish 7th, the cup thing might not be therre. But that's not a big deal. No i what i said wasn't wrong. You're, not your :). And i am reading your points. I played a few seasons in Fifa 12, it didn't impress me

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1: There is a championship league, but not with all the teams. You can get relegated, what are you talking about? You can still make it to Europe league if you finish 7th, the cup thing might not be therre. But that's not a big deal. No i what i said wasn't wrong. You're, not your :). And i am reading your points. I played a few seasons in Fifa 12, it didn't impress me

Fifa 12 didnt impress me, fifa 13 didnt impress me, and neither does fifa 14, but what it has over PES is the Full English domestic league pyramids and accurate league rules and cup formats.

Also a much larger world to expand out to when your pro as played in England long enough.

But that's not a big deal. - its is to me, my career is more immersive when things play out in the season that could happen in real life.

The cup thing was a big deal, I made the Europa League with Ipswich while still in the championship I was ecstatic.

Basically what your saying is whats important to me in Football games is not important you, however that does not make my points incorrect.

The things that are most important to my experience while playing Football games are either more detailed in Fifa, or completely absent in PES,.

Although I must admit I forgot there was a couple of championship team on PES, I played PES 2014 BAL mode and Master League for a bit in December.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Fifa 12 didnt impress me, fifa 13 didnt impress me, and neither does fifa 14, but what it has over PES is the Full English domestic league pyramids and accurate league rules and cup formats.

Also a much larger world to expand out to when your pro as played in England long enough.

But that's not a big deal. - its is to me, my career is more immersive when things play out in the season that could happen in real life.

The cup thing was a big deal, I made the Europa League with Ipswich while still in the championship I was ecstatic.

Basically what your saying is whats important to me in Football games is not important you, however that does not make my points incorrect.

The things that are most important to my experience while playing Football games are either more detailed in Fifa, or completely absent in PES,.

Although I must admit I forgot there was a couple of championship team on PES, I played PES 2014 BAL mode and Master League for a bit in December.

Gameplay is what matters to me. PES is far superior there. FIFA has more content and more licenses. Master League is a better singleplayer mode than anything FIFA has. However, when it comes to multiplayer FIFA has most content.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Gameplay is what matters to me. PES is far superior there. FIFA has more content and more licenses. Master League is a better singleplayer mode than anything FIFA has. However, when it comes to multiplayer FIFA has most content.

Game play does matter to me to, but there was not a big enough gulf between the game play qualities of each game. The Match engine of PES is better and more enjoyable, but not its not enough as the career mode (Master League or BAL Mode) are to shallow.

You think the Master League is better but that's totally subjective, as you must no by now I appreciate different things in my Football game, if the game I play does not feel plausible in a real season I loose interest.

However the extra content, Licences, competition rules, lower leagues etc is enough to give Fifa the edge for me, as the game play differences are negligible when your used to both games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1: Have you played Master League suffeciently ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride: I've played it enough, mid way through second season. It's too shallow as I said.

It's not an accurate portrayal of a footballing world.

Fifa has its flaws but it does it better.

Some of the moments I've enjoyed the most are impossible to happen on master league or bal modes.

Gaining promotion to the premier league with Exeter City.

Qualifying for Europa league while in championship with Ipswich

In be a pro scoring a last minute equaliser for my club at the time Everton to stop an embarrassing defeat to Bournemouth

Lifting the Johnstone paint trophy as my pro defender for tranmere rovers.

Starting at Chelsea and being loaned out to league 1 and 2 teams

My biggest factor is there is no real football pyramid in PES so because I'm English I play a lot of my careers in England so my experience is enhanced if the dull English football pyramid is there to play in

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I've played it enough, mid way through second season. It's too shallow as I said.

Some of the moments I've enjoyed the most are impossible to happen on master league or bal modes.

In be a pro scoring a last minute equaliser for my club at the time Everton to stop an embarrassing defeat to Bournemouth

My biggest factor is there is no real football pyramid in PES so because I'm English I play a lot of my careers in England so my experience is enhanced if the dull English football pyramid is there to play in

How about developing players? That does not even compare to what PES does

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

How about developing players? That does not even compare to what PES does

When I play as my pro im a single player, not the manager so I don't develop players. When I play career as a manager I don't develop players, I'll buy players and sell players, I don't have the patience to develop youth team, or very young players.

I also do this in Football Manager, sometimes I suffer and end up with an aging team.

So with developing players, I wouldn't know which game does it better as I play as a player most of the time, and when I do play as manager I normally sell younger player as there value is high but stats still low, and buy in experience.

One of my old epic Football Manager games I won the Europa League in 2023 with Maccabi Haifia, the average of my team was 31 haha.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

@thehig1: Well you're missing a lot then

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not really, its a feature that im not interested in that's available on both games, If im playing as a center back for Tranmere Rovers I wouldn't be to concerned with player development.

My time spent playing the game is about 80% as my pro player and 20% in manage mode.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not really, its a feature that im not interested in that's available on both games, If im playing as a center back for Tranmere Rovers I wouldn't be to concerned with player development.

My time spent playing the game is about 80% as my pro player and 20% in manage mode.

alright, i still think PES is better

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride said:

@thehig1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

alright, i still think PES is better

And I think Football Manager is better than both of them ;)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride: I'm actaully re-installing PES 2014 now to give it another go, out of interest what difficultly do you play on ?

b-u-r-r-o-w-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 b-u-r-r-o-w-s
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

@Jacanuk: I cant judge Fifa 15 as I havent played it but Fifa 14 has a n awful physics engine ! Ive seen people fly kick someone in the face and not even a foul given and then you brush against a player and get yellow carded. One on one with the keeper and you round him and he takes both your legs away and no penalty. I hope there is a demo for 15 so I can see if they have improved anything or is it just Fifa 14.5.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@thehig1: the highest difficulty

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thehig1

@The_Last_Ride: me too, any football game should be hardest difficulty, was about to dismiss everything you said.

Anyway played a few games on pro evolution to get used to the match engine again.

Played a few exhibitions.

I played as Everton for all these games

Got beat 5-0 by sc braga

Got beat 6-0 by sc braga

Got beat 2-1 by sc braga

Beat sc braga 3-0

Got beat 3-1 by sc braga

Got bored of playing sc braga, but enjoyed the last 3 games anyway.

It's harder than I remembered and I will give it credit were it'd due, when you score on Pro EVO you go apeshit.

I lost my shit completely when I scored my first goal against braga haha.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thehig1

@b-u-r-r-o-w-s: knowing EA it will be fifa 14.5

However labeled as fifa 15 and charged full price

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts