gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

In the past few weeks, Destiny has been no stranger to criticism for it's DLC drama, awkward events, and of course let's not forget the whole Red Bull thing.

But despite all this, Destiny is still holding strong. It recently announced a new special PS4 bundle that will be coming out for The Taken King, House of the Wolves news, a new rare emblem, and a tease about what's to come after The Taken King.

So how about it, GameSpotters. With everything that's been happening are you still enjoying Destiny?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Destiny? are you insane.

I play quality games not crap Halo clones.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I still play, definitely.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I never enjoyed it, most disappointing purchase, actually I'm still trying to figure out which was worse, Destiny or The Order.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I stop playing it a while back because apart from great shooting mechanics it has nothing else to offer.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nope. I'm sick to death of these bro-op games.

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

I still play it but it's gotten very repetitive, so I decided to take a break from it. I just can't bring myself to spend $40 on a dlc, let alone $20. Been playing Watch Dogs instead.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

loved destiny but i was done after i didnt get a raid with house of wolves

J0HN0NiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By J0HN0NiX
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@GameSpot: Literally the worst purchase of my life. I get more entertainment and enjoyment out of wathcing my goldfish. It wasnt enough for Bungie & Activision to sell us the most shallow game ever created. No, they also had to make people pay for everything they cut out of the original story. Congratulations to all who spent extra money on DLC. You wasted your money even more than me.

vanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 vanti
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts

Needs a bit more granularity in the available answers. I still play. I do the Nightfalls each week hoping to get some light and I'll probably play more once the taken king arrives but I'd not go as far as to say "YEP! STILL EPIC!"

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11 the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

Yes, the most fun game I've ever played. What people bitch about as being 'repetitive' I call replay value. I'm playing the same strikes over and over with some friends on party chat right now, we're having a blast.

Xoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xoji
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

I've not played for a couple of weeks now. I kind of gave up after peoples' inability to just fight bosses versus "omg, let's just Gjallarhorn EVERYTHING" method...and then complain when target didn't die fast enough because the Titan bubble went down, or was misplaced, or someone walked in front of another member and blew him/herself up or any other multitude of issues instead of just playing the game it was meant to be played. Sure the Skolas changes helped, but then, at least in my small circle of players, everyone stopped just because there was no elemental burn method. I actually like the Skolas mechanics, but just don't have anyone available to do it with on a regular basis. In fact, I've only killed him a handful of times, which sucks. I would love to get the upcoming expansion, but I don't see the point if I can't find a stable group to play with.

EKWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EKWhale
Member since 2015 • 98 Posts

@dark_rising76: it's a freaking expansion, you homoerectus. They debated on calling it the second freaking game in the series.

Dolts

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I stopped in early December. I don't reward bad business practices when the season pass is so bad

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No I traded it in after the first week it came out.

maitkarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maitkarro
Member since 2004 • 1517 Posts

Hahaha, considering the huge amounts of hate for the game, it still gets more votes for it's epic, shows that the only haters are the vocal minority. The game is great in gameplay, and looks very beautiful, only problem is that it's lacking in content, mostly a worthwhile story, that's the only problem with the game.

Nithorias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nithorias
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts

I stop playing it, because I don't have that many friends playing that game and I hate going to a freaking site to look for players so I can enjoy the full game, I mean really? And no matchmaking made me leave for good and crucible was unbalance as fk since players were using raid weapons and armor and I couldn't because what I said before. I only completed a raid once, fkin once, because I didn't have partners to do so and I was lucky.

I said it before and I'm going to say it again, weapons and armors should be different and separated from crucible and "STORY" mode like other games, is so unfair to the casual players. Another thing that was a huge letdown was the grinding, in the end I got bored. BTW if people are still enjoying the game then good for them, but I see no reason to hate, you can just move on and play other things.

Nithorias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nithorias
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts

@maitkarro Actually no. Look at the poll...

I don't play Destiny = 422 votes as of now

No, I'm not made of money = 657 votes as of now (Also people not playing the game for this reason)

So you got 422 + 657 = 1079 players that don't play this game according to this poll.

Vs. 804 players that sill do

Btw I don't hate the game just clarifying the numbers lol and of course that Poll can change at any moment, but as of now they are more votes on the don't play section than still playing xD

xShadeKnightx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xShadeKnightx
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts

@the_mailman: Try doing it for 1 entire year...same shit different day.
I recently played destiny again since I had the expansion pass bought right when the game came out. It's oke, done the quests in 2/3 days worth of time.
Then went back for the eternal grind again. It's just that besides the strikes, bounties, 2 raids. there is nothing much to do.
No other variable game modes which also includes non-shooting ones.

I dunno maybe something like these kinda things?

• Sparrow racing
  • Space-battles with your spaceships
  • PVP Battle royale with no limits on how many exotics you could wear, so you could make your own set of gear-combo
  • Vehicle warfare with only spikes and/or tanks, sparrows
  • Grimoire card game, we have a shitload of those somewhere gathered on the bungie website. Why not adding card stats and make a mini-card game of it, hell you could even apply it to getting cards through looting treasure chests which would make it very interesting and fun instead of the constant generic material loot.

It's not a bad game, not at al, it just lacked content from the start while we can see and sense the immens potential of this game.
At least that was the impression while playing this game while the things mentioned above with different gamemodes were rushing through my mind before buying the game.
Didn't meet my expectations at all.

Oh but hey! Don't worry! A ton of dlc's and expansion coming your way! Keep your wallet nearby :)..... (not gonna fall for it though)

Fuhgeddit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fuhgeddit
Member since 2015 • 22 Posts

Stopped playing awhile ago. I put too many hours in and felt addicted to it. I just didn't think there was much reward for it either.

the_mailman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By the_mailman
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

@xshadeknightx: Try doing it for a year? You realize I play daily and have been doing it for the year, right?

Also, you have no right to complain about lack of content and "too much upcoming expansions" in the same breath. You can't have it both ways.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Where's the "I'm not a cow and prefer not to be milked" option?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

No. I stopped playing awhile ago, not because I don't enjoy it or got bored with it but simply because there are so many other great games that come out that I want to play. I play a lot of it and enjoyed my time with it then moved on so I could play other games.

xShadeKnightx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xShadeKnightx
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts
Loading Video...

@the_mailman: I was trying to making a point that what bungie made us believe before the launch was way more than the actual release content. That lead to huge dissapointment with the gamers, thats why when you look at every post about destiny, players are stating this. It's not an assault on you for playing it for a year but the majority was mislead with the promises that were supposed to be in game (which we believed was at launch) and found later on that they weren't included in the game.

To clarify my exact point, watch this and you will understand exactly what I mean.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Don't understand why people even like the game. It's literally the worst mash of of two separate genres I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

@ekwhale: You can call it an expansion but until we see how substantial it is, it's a dlc that right now many players are not going to fork over $40 for.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

I will Never pre order a new IP again because of Destiny.

maitkarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 maitkarro
Member since 2004 • 1517 Posts

@Nithorias: The second choice is irrelevant, they don't have the money to play the game, that doesn't mean they wouldn't play it if they would get the game for free or any other way.
To make it simple, if I wouldn't have the money to buy the game, would you think I don't want to play the game, considering that right now I'm playing the game?

FenrirsPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FenrirsPack
Member since 2015 • 95 Posts

One of the most disappointing video game experiences I've ever had. There is a lack of creativity prevalent in almost every aspect of its design: art style, story, weapon designs, enemies, dialogue, etc. There are so many other examples of games that have done much better at what destiny tries to do. Add to that the fact that they are charging us about $80 so far with all the DLCs that just add content that should have been already in the base game at launch.

They release a $60 game and it doesn't have enough content. Solution? Add DLC with more content, yay! Oh wait... you want me to pay more money for the DLC? That's not a solution. You should be giving me this content for free. The base game was already not worth the money, why would I pay yet more for DLC...

They are charging $40 for the new expansion. For that amount of money, there should be an entirely new playable class and new weapon types. Not new weapons. New weapon types.

Avatar image for vampiriclunatic
VampiricLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VampiricLunatic
Member since 2015 • 72 Posts

I still play Destiny.