Plot summary for the original Metal Gear Solid 1? (PSX)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxchadxxchad
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

So I am getting ready to play through the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to prepare for Ground Zeroes and I would like to know what happened in MGS1 on the PS1 before I start Sons of Liberty. If someone could give me a quick summary of MGS1 or point me to a summary that would be a great help! Thanks!:)

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

So I am getting ready to play through the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to prepare for Ground Zeroes and I would like to know what happened in MGS1 on the PS1 before I start Sons of Liberty. If someone could give me a quick summary of MGS1 or point me to a summary that would be a great help! Thanks!:)

xxchadxxchad

Doesn't METAL GEAR SOLID 2 has a quick summary of the previous events ?

I'm pretty sure it has one, it's called "Previous Operations" or something, look for it.

If you have a PSP you can give MGS DIGITAL GRAPHIC NOVEL a look for the revised take KOJIMA has given the game. If you don't have a PSP maybe you can look it on YouTube.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxchadxxchad

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

Panzer_Zwei

Doesn't METAL GEAR SOLID 2 has a quick summary of the previous events ?

I'm pretty sure it has one, it's called "Previous Operations" or something, look for it.

If you have a PSP you can give MGS DIGITAL GRAPHIC NOVEL a look for the revised take KOJIMA has given the game. If you don't have a PSP maybe you can look it on YouTube.

I actually had no idea they had a previous ops option. Thanks!

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

My manual of MGS2: Substance has a synopsis of MG1, MG2 and MGS1, I've never heard of 'Previous Operations' or similar in game though? I'm pretty dumb if I haven't discovered it since I have 4 versions of MGS2 and played the game to death...

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxchadxxchad

My manual of MGS2: Substance has a synopsis of MG1, MG2 and MGS1, I've never heard of 'Previous Operations' or similar in game though? I'm pretty dumb if I haven't discovered it since I have 4 versions of MGS2 and played the game to death...

NirdBerd

I am pretty sure that the "previous operations" is exclusive to the recently released HD editions of MGS 2, MGS3 and MGS: PW.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

xxchadxxchad

I am pretty sure that the "previous operations" is exclusive to the recently released HD editions of MGS 2, MGS3 and MGS: PW.

It's not. MGS2 has had that since its original version in 2001 - a "book review," a "news article," then a book ostensibly written by one of the MGS1 characters that you can read; all of which gives you the story of the first game along with some information that the player didn't get before.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

NirdBerd

You can view the entire manual in game on the HD version, so it also has those sypnosis.

The backstory in game I think it's called "Previous Story and is under the SPECIAL section.

The "Previous Operations" were the ones that explain the events of METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2 : SOLID SNAKE.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I'm assuming you're getting the collection on the 360? Otherwise you could just download MGS1 off of PSN for $9.99 and play it yourself.
xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxchadxxchad

[QUOTE="xxchadxxchad"]

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

MAILER_DAEMON

It's not. MGS2 has had that since its original version in 2001 - a "book review," a "news article," then a book ostensibly written by one of the MGS1 characters that you can read; all of which gives you the story of the first game along with some information that the player didn't get before.

Ah okay. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

There are also likely dozens of plot synopsis (and analysis) available online.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/222/222423p1.html

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'd just play the game if I were you.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

snake sneaks into base, shoots a bunch of crazy wackos in a special forces unit, the end.

there is really no way to give a short summary of the plot for a Metal Gear game, I would just play the game if I were you , its cheap now, either in physical form or on PSN.

there is also Twin Snakes, but that has its share of advantages and disadvantages.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I'm assuming you're getting the collection on the 360? Otherwise you could just download MGS1 off of PSN for $9.99 and play it yourself.AcidSoldner
Or if you have a Wii, just get Twin Snake somehow.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
For your own sake just play it. Reading a plot summary of (one of) the best storyheavy game(s) ever made would be a terrible and undoable mistake, if you ask me.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

There is bound to be an edited cut-scene compilation for the game on Youtube. Might run an hour or two but it would get you all the tiny details.

Edit: Found it:

Original MGS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsmdY_PyM2M

Twin Snakes version:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlM79v9ddYs