Please help me out!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brittmeister_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Brittmeister_
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone, My names Brittany and I'm writing a research paper on the sub-culture of video gaming in America and I was just hoping some of you would pretty please take the time to answer some of these questions. to help me gather some information.

1) How old were you when you started playing video games?

2) Do you think your game preferences have influenced your personality or the kinds of people you associate yourself with?

3) What is it that draws you to video games? (technology, appreciation of graphic design, the story...etc.)

4) How many hours a day do you spend playing on average a day?

5) Do your family members play video games?

6) Did you start playing video games to take you mind off of other things?

7) Since vide games are a form of art, would you call yourself artistic? why or why not?

8) Do you think video-gamers have traits or skills that differentiate them from other sub-cultures?

9) what does your daily food/drink diet consist of?

10) Do you have a job or attend school for something related to computer or game design? what is your current occupation?

11) on a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in social situations?

12) Is there anything additional you would like me to know?

13) what kinds of stereotypes have you been faced with whether they are right or wrong?

14) What kinds of games do you like and why?

15) Do you agree that violent video games influence violent and/or breaking the law?

16) how old are you?

17) are you married? have kids? I a relationship? If yes, do they play too?

I appreciate it a lot, please leave your name , age, sex, and location. Although this is optional, I would like to at least have your sex and age.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

1. Around 5 to 6 years old

2. Definitely

3. Story and Character are the #1 thing that draws me in the most about games, but the other stuff is pretty cool too.

4. I don't have a set time for me personally since I do a lot of other things (like the internet) but if I had to give a rough estimate it would 20-25 hours a week. And maybe 2 hours a day.

5. My sister sometimes goes down nostalgia road and plays her GBA games but that isn't very often. Other family members (Mom and Dad) don't care much about games.

6. Not real. I just played them because I like'em.

7. No. I might consider myself a creative person, but not a artistic one. (Also, the topic of "Are video games art" is still be debating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgI_GRcd7bc sorta)

8. Science has proven that people who play video games on a day to day base are better in somethings that others who don't play video games daily. But overall, I don't think I have any traits that make me different from people in other sub-culture like music or film. The only trait that I might have is knowledge of video games and the overall industry but not 100% that is a trait

9.Homemade american food mostly "burgers,pizza,sandwich,milk,etc"

10.I am a student

11. I have social anxiety so I would consider myself around 2-3 (on the low end) in most social situations. Of course there are exceptions.

12. Not real

13. Not many stereotypes to tell you the truth.

14. I enjoy almost all genres of games excluding Sports And Racing games ( I have no interest in sports or cars in real life, so it reflects what I don't like it games)

15. No Opinion at this time.

16. 17

17. not in a romantic relationship of any type at this time.

Male & 17

Hope this helps on your paper!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

@brittmeister_:
1) 4 or 5. Owned my first console at 8 (PSone)

2) Yes

3) The promise of the medium for simulated experiences (as well as unique narratives)

4) 1 or 2 hours - on the weekends I have been known to tally 15+ (depending on what's available to play)

5) Not really – mobile games mainly if at all. I do have a younger brother who was big into Halo, CoD once upon a time, but not so much anymore.

6) No

7) Yes – games are expression and that is the essence of art

8) Yes

9) I eat healthy. Lots of veggies, occasional restaurant meal – when I’m not gaming, I’m usually exercising in one form or another (or studying)

10) No. I am a law student.

11) Eh, probably a 4. I don’t care much for large social events but when the group is small, I have few reservations toward socializing

12) I once killed a man with my car (terrible joke, sorry)

13) Most people don’t view games favorably – they see them as mindless entertainment (which isn’t wrong in most cases). Makes it difficult to discuss a hobby/passion of yours and express your own fandom when people think less of you for it due to a generality drawn by the larger populace

14) All sorts – variety is king. A game is code and code can be anything. The genres I'm less inclined to play are: mobile (iOS/Android), Racing, and Sports. There are a few exceptions, like Burnout and SSX, but I usually won't go near NBA 2K, Madden, Need for Speed, Forza, Gran Turismo, etc.

15) No

16) 25

17) Single, not dating

Other personal details I’m not so inclined to share, thanks

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@brittmeister_ said:

Hey everyone, My names Brittany and I'm writing a research paper on the sub-culture of video gaming in America and I was just hoping some of you would pretty please take the time to answer some of these questions. to help me gather some information.

1) How old were you when you started playing video games?

2) Do you think your game preferences have influenced your personality or the kinds of people you associate yourself with?

3) What is it that draws you to video games? (technology, appreciation of graphic design, the story...etc.)

4) How many hours a day do you spend playing on average a day?

5) Do your family members play video games?

6) Did you start playing video games to take you mind off of other things?

7) Since vide games are a form of art, would you call yourself artistic? why or why not?

8) Do you think video-gamers have traits or skills that differentiate them from other sub-cultures?

9) what does your daily food/drink diet consist of?

10) Do you have a job or attend school for something related to computer or game design? what is your current occupation?

11) on a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in social situations?

12) Is there anything additional you would like me to know?

13) what kinds of stereotypes have you been faced with whether they are right or wrong?

14) What kinds of games do you like and why?

15) Do you agree that violent video games influence violent and/or breaking the law?

16) how old are you?

17) are you married? have kids? I a relationship? If yes, do they play too?

I appreciate it a lot, please leave your name , age, sex, and location. Although this is optional, I would like to at least have your sex and age.

1. 4 Years old
  2. No, i don't think it has
  3. The freedom and fantasy. It also helps me relax
  4. maybe 3, depending on if i work or not
  5. My brother does
  6. Yes, most of the time
  7. Depends on what i do. If i am drawing or doing something musical, i would. But not in any other form. Short answer yes.
  8. Yes, the interaction is the main difference.
  9. It variates, i try to stay healthy off course.
  10. I am currently in college studying IT engineering or computer science as it's also called.
  11. 8
  12. nope
  13. When i tell someone i play games, they immediately make me defend why i do it.
  14. All types of games, i play all genre's
  15. Hell no! Studies have proven that they don't
  16. 25
  17. nope
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts