Please explain, what's wrong with Halo?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#1 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I have always wondered, why people hate the game so much? I always figured it was people who thought they were cool for going against the hype, but maybe it's something else. After playing through the games, I just can't understand what's to hate. Capturing story, outstanding gameplay, great characters, it's all there. Can someone explain just why you hate it so much. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just wondering.
Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
The game is nowhere bad, its just... avarage, yet its completely over-hyped.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
People hate popular things.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monkeytoes61
People hate popular things.Hinata237
Just like the Patriots...
FoodThing00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 FoodThing00
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
The game is nowhere bad, its just... avarage, yet its completely over-hyped. Kniterait

Exactly.
Anyway, i think you're being way too appreciative of Halo, monkeytoes. Great characters? I've seen lemons with more personality than MC. The story was cookie-cutter (super soldier defeating hordes of aliens) and the gameplay is pretty much standard fps. (although, a few levels WHERE awesome, atleast in the original)
appleater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 appleater
Member since 2002 • 1574 Posts

1. Go to the forum title System Wars

2. Type a new thread titled Halo is the Greatest Game of All Time

3. Read responses

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="Kniterait"]The game is nowhere bad, its just... avarage, yet its completely over-hyped. FoodThing00

Exactly.
Anyway, i think you're being way too appreciative of Halo, monkeytoes. Great characters? I've seen lemons with more personality than MC. The story was cookie-cutter (super soldier defeating hordes of aliens) and the gameplay is pretty much standard fps. (although, a few levels WHERE awesome, atleast in the original)

Not Master Chief. Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, Fohammer, ect. The story was more than super soldiers. It was about a chance discovery of a weapon that could wipe out the existance of life. It was about the existance of the human race, and it was done better than most sci fi stories. The gameplay just clicks with me. I have never had more fun throwing grenades, beating down, and simply gunning the crap out of my enemies.

FoodThing00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FoodThing00
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

[QUOTE="FoodThing00"][QUOTE="Kniterait"]The game is nowhere bad, its just... avarage, yet its completely over-hyped. monkeytoes61

Exactly.

Not Master Chief. Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, Fohammer, ect. The story was more than super soldiers. It was about a chance discovery of a weapon that could wipe out the existance of life. It was about the existance of the human race, and it was done better than most sci fi stories. The gameplay just clicks with me. I have never had more fun throwing grenades, beating down, and simply gunning the crap out of my enemies.

Hm. Not remembering who Fohammer is (was some time ago i played 'em) i can't say much on that, but i wholeheartedly disagree with sgt.Johnson and Cortana. There has been numerous ''help'' characters in games exactly like her, and she really doesn't have much of a personality. And Johnson? He's incredibly stereotypical. The existence of the human race? I can't get that to translate to a worthwhile storyline. The chance discovery i just took as a desperate attempt to add some more maps from Bungie, and even if the gameplay ''clicks'' with you, that doesn't necessecarily make it GOOD gameplay, never mind unique.
fLaMbOaStiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 fLaMbOaStiN
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

I dont think theres anything wrong with halo, but i just think its really over-rated.. Halo 1 was pretty cool, and even halo 2 was fun.. but halo 3 imo was average at best.. im gonna write a reveiw for it soon, and i wouldnt give it higher then a 7.0

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

[QUOTE="FoodThing00"][QUOTE="Kniterait"]The game is nowhere bad, its just... avarage, yet its completely over-hyped. FoodThing00

Exactly.

Hm. Not remembering who Fohammer is (was some time ago i played 'em) i can't say much on that, but i wholeheartedly disagree with sgt.Johnson and Cortana. There has been numerous ''help'' characters in games exactly like her, and she really doesn't have much of a personality. And Johnson? He's incredibly stereotypical. The existence of the human race? I can't get that to translate to a worthwhile storyline. The chance discovery i just took as a desperate attempt to add some more maps from Bungie, and even if the gameplay ''clicks'' with you, that doesn't necessecarily make it GOOD gameplay, never mind unique.

The stereotypical aspect of Johson is what makes him likable. Fohammer was the Pelican pilot from the first game. Cortana didn't just help, she had a sense of humor and was always fun to listen to. If you have read any of the novels, everything fits together even more perfectly.
greenghost123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 greenghost123
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

Well, you're being pretty vague there. I too could take an average FPS and say it's story is thoughtful and gameplay is addictive without going into detail.

Anyways the game is a really average game that at best deserves a rental. The story is cliché and pretty boring as well, You are Master Chief, a super AI called Cortana is inside your head, your ship the Pillar of Autumn is invaded by aliens and crashes onto the ringworld Halo, you must find Captain Keyes, you find Captain Keyes, you find out what Halo does, Captain Keyes dies, you blow up Halo. Not what you'd call interesting at all, it's you typical video game story, which isn't a bad thing since in Gaming the story compliments the gameplay (unlike games like Metal Gear Solid) yet it is praised for being one of the best game stories. The actual gameplay is of the usual FPS kind, except the levels are big, you occasionally operate vehicles, and the gameplay mechanics have been streamlined for quickness (2 weapons, 2 grenades). The level design is atrocious, Bungie simply copied and pasted levels together (a good example is The Library) and as mentioned before the levels are big which results in boredom through out the whole game, in fact out of the 7 or so levels, I think 4 of them took place in the same environment, only slighted modified (The snow level where you had to go back track). Everything about the game is so generic that it's hard to look at some things, the look of the marines, the look of your guns, the whole plot, the look of the levels. Let's also not forget that you fought the same 4 types of enemies the whole game.

Onto the multiplayer side, once again, pretty average. Out of the 10 maps in game, you end up only playing 2 the most. Why would you play this when there are much better multiplayer games out there? And considering how this game was originally for the Xbox, there was no online so realistically you could only have up to 4 players and the maps were way to big for only 4 people with no options for bots to liven up the experience.

And seeing as how this game is incredibly over-hyped and sells a tremendous amount, some can't help but ask why? The answer is usually very vague, so that doesn't help at all.

zoradude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zoradude
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts

Not Master Chief. Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, Fohammer, ect. The story was more than super soldiers. It was about a chance discovery of a weapon that could wipe out the existance of life. It was about the existance of the human race, and it was done better than most sci fi stories. monkeytoes61

Wait, before I make my response let me say I don't own a xbox or a 360 and have had limited playtime with the Halo series. I know like nothing about the Halo storyline than what you just said.

So with that out of the way, your basically saying X thing happened (in this case a weapon was found) and now the human race might go bye bye? That is the story like 80% of RPGs (maybe games in general) are based on. Bad guy wants to make world go kaboom, good guy wants to stop him.

Sounds ultra boring.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The gameplay bores me. Its shallow. You run and gun, run and gun, pump more and more rounds. There's nothing to it, no tactics at all..

The story was good?

I thought it was miserable.

Well, to be fair, I thought Mass Effect's and Bioshock's story's sucked too.

Im a complete story critic. A videogame story and atmosphere have to be incredible, or else, Im turned off.

Halo is a generic FPS, its not that its bad, its just that it doesnt do anything different.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
There is nothing wrong with it. It is just another joe-schmo shooter on consoles. It does nothing to set itself apart from the crowd.
Avatar image for Dark_Assassin10
Dark_Assassin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark_Assassin10
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
I just dont like it because its too overrated for me and its just not the kind of shooter game I like.
Chaos1031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chaos1031
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

The one thing I don't like is that there is a number of stuff that's been in other FPS. Like multiplayer matches with vehicles for example, yet many Halo fans (that I've met) act like it's the first game to ever do that.

The story is one of the things that a Halo fan and I agreed on, which was we'd read some of the books if we wanted the story since they seemed to be more indepth than the game's were (Halo 1 and 2 at that point). Unfortunately the only Halo book I've read has been the "Fall of Reach", which if the other's are as good as it I'll get them at some point.

I don't really like Halo not because it's bad, but just that I don't like FPS on consoles that much. If I had a decent PC I'd probably get Halo, just for the online play though.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 monkeytoes61

The gameplay bores me. Its shallow. You run and gun, run and gun, pump more and more rounds. There's nothing to it, no tactics at all..

The story was good?

Im a complete story critic. A videogame story and atmosphere have to be incredible, or else, Im turned off.

Halo is a generic FPS, its not that its bad, its just that it doesnt do anything different.

Shmiity
Haha, you must have never played Legendary. There is no "run and gun" on thate difficulty.
Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts
[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

The story was good?

monkeytoes61

Haha, you must have never played Legendary. There is no "run and gun" on thate difficulty.

Lets put on some skulls while at it.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monkeytoes61
You guys are only looking at the cliche part of the story. There is so much more. I have read all the novels, so maybe that's why the story clicks more with me. If you read the novels, things make more sense. You know what happened before the Pillar of Autumn was attacked. You know how John, or Master Chief became who he is. You know why the Covenant is trying to destroy the Human race. It's not all cliche if you have read the novels.
Lord_Ander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lord_Ander
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
It's too popular, the wierd thing is that after playing Crysis I've come to realize that both are similar, just from different time windows in terms of technology and market. Yet no crowds seem to be nagging on how standard it is.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Originality. But, you should use the System Wars Forums for this discussion.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 monkeytoes61
Originality. But, you should use the System Wars Forums for this discussion.Thiago26792
I'm afraid of System Wars. The mods are really don't take any crap in there.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I must confess that I've never particularly liked topics where someone comes in and says "please tell me why (game) is (good/bad)". Then certain people will predictably show up proclaiming that everyone's just (following the crowd/bashing it because it's popular) and absolutely nothing anyone says (in favor of/against) (game) will convince the topic creator that (game) is, in fact, (good/bad). It just seems like a fundamentally pointless endeavor.

I have never liked Halo because it just seemed boring, unimaginative, and unimmersive. I tried very hard to get into it on multiple times because I kept hearing repeatedly how great it was, but it just didn't happen. And maybe the multiplayer was great, but I don't really know or care, because I rarely play games multiplayer, and multiplayer is certainly rarely a selling point in itself for a game for me.

And evidently you disagree. That's fine. Everyone has different tastes in life. Just don't expect people to convince you of theirs, and don't expect to convince others of yours.

Termite551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Termite551
Member since 2006 • 1125 Posts
Topic starter you keep going on and on about how the novels make everything make more sense, I don't have time to read up on backstory for a game. I would rather read real novels. Halo's story can only be judged by the story IN THE GAME, and from what the game gives us it just seems cliched, old, reused, and derivative. The gameplay in 1 and 2 was good, but the gunplay in halo 3 was just more of the same, and that's what kills it in my opinion. It's not that Halo is bad, it's that it pales in comparison to games like Team fortress 2, Half life series, etc
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

It's not all cliche if you have read the novels.monkeytoes61

If reading the novels is somehow a requirement then the game has simply failed, it's as simple as that. Halo's storyline is nothing special, it's kind of interesting, but the execution is horrible. I found Halo: Combat Evolved a barely average FPS with terrible copy/paste level design and unresponsive vehicle controls. However, I really enjoyed Halo 2 because it fixed everything I had a problem with in the original - varied level design, tightened on-foot controls, awesome vehicle segments...it felt like an actual game instead of a string of large insanely bland maps.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#26 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]It's not all cliche if you have read the novels.UpInFlames

If reading the novels is somehow a requirement then the game has simply failed, it's as simple as that. Halo's storyline is nothing special, it's kind of interesting, but the execution is horrible. I found Halo: Combat Evolved a barely average FPS with terrible copy/paste level design and unresponsive vehicle controls. However, I really enjoyed Halo 2 because it fixed everything I had a problem with in the original - varied level design, tightened on-foot controls, awesome vehicle segments...it felt like an actual game instead of a string of large insanely bland maps.

Since you always play games on pc, do you always find problems with the game's specs considering that the pc plays them better? and game devs are always binded by consoles specs so the games might not meets your expectations in that case.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Since you always play games on pc, do you always find problems with the game's specs considering that the pc plays them better? and game devs are always binded by consoles specs so the games might not meets your expectations in that case.gamingqueen

I play console games, too. I've played both Halo and Halo 2 on Xbox.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
People don't hate the game that much. What you hear on the internet is often contrary to the general consensus. As for me, I love halo. I thought Halo 3 was way too short though.
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
are you guys kidding? the multiplayer is fantastic i dont know what you're problem is. that alone makes the game worth its price so whatever single player complaints you have are useless
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

1st : It´s the XBox´s Flagship and sells like crazy.If this whould be a Multi-Platform-Series not even the half of the people whould complain.

2nd: Halo 2 was,even if the gameplay was great,a really,really,REALLY big disappointment.Awfully short (2 not really long evenings) and the often-shown Demo contained a level why I personally started playing Halo 2 in the first place and it was left out.

3rd: Halo 3 was still missing the Level I wanted to play (BTW the big Alien-Attack on Earth) and even if it was a good game,they left too much out that the gamers wanted to see.But I have to admit,the gameplay of the single-player was great and a lot better balanced then in Part 1+2.But I think they should finally fix some stuff in the MP or I never touch it again.CoD4´s MP is A LOT better and I´m not that much into the CoD-series before...

VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
Nothing really, aside from the hands down god awful community who plays the multi player online portion. They tend to render half the game virtually unplayable for me, which makes it a poor value overall, since it really does hang it's hat on that these days over a truly satisfying SP mode.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
are you guys kidding? the multiplayer is fantastic i dont know what you're problem is. that alone makes the game worth its price so whatever single player complaints you have are useless-SiiLeNCE-

Not everyone shares the same opinion. We are not all connected to some super computer and fed our opinions through wires.

Many people find certain games to be fun while others don't. Just because people in this thread express a dislike for a game you enjoy thoroughly doesn't mean you have to come in here and say they are wrong for thinking as such. We "Halo haters" are entitled to our opinions... and you have to admit, Halo isn't anything special when objectivelycompared with other games in the genre.
Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#33 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts
I only played the first Halo, but I liked it, had no problem with it whatsoever. It was a good journey, on and off-line, but the sad part was that the story didn't have a satisfying end...any end for that matter.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

multiplayer is alright, there r little kids yell into the mic, swear their asses off.

the story is meh, there r better storylines out there.

halo 3 didn't bring anything new to the game... with the multiplayer is the same. sure theres new weapons but nothing realy different.

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Not Master Chief. Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, Fohammer, ect. The story was more than super soldiers. It was about a chance discovery of a weapon that could wipe out the existance of life. It was about the existance of the human race, and it was done better than most sci fi stories. zoradude

Wait, before I make my response let me say I don't own a xbox or a 360 and have had limited playtime with the Halo series. I know like nothing about the Halo storyline than what you just said.

So with that out of the way, your basically saying X thing happened (in this case a weapon was found) and now the human race might go bye bye? That is the story like 80% of RPGs (maybe games in general) are based on. Bad guy wants to make world go kaboom, good guy wants to stop him.

Sounds ultra boring.

Well if that sounds ultra boring then so should every other game were whom you play as the main protagonist. Every game rips off something from another game, like for example Half-life's plot synapses is basically an elaborate version of Doom,(secret base where something goes wrong with an experimental device then bad guys come out and you the silent protagonist have to stop them) but that didn't stop the game from being awesome, right?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

are you guys kidding? the multiplayer is fantastic i dont know what you're problem is. that alone makes the game worth its price so whatever single player complaints you have are useless-SiiLeNCE-

As Yahtzee said of Halo 3, that only counts if you're the type to play games for their multiplayer.

I didn't find Halo's multiplayer to be all that engaging anyway; I only played it because my friend kept playing it and wanting me to join him. Once he lost interest, I quickly stopped. It's not bad, but there are so many things I found more enjoyable that I didn't see why I ought to continue playing something I found merely mediocre.

zoradude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zoradude
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts

Well if that sounds ultra boring then so should every other game were whom you play as the main protagonist. Every game rips off something from another game, like for example Half-life's plot synapses is basically an elaborate version of Doom,(secret base where something goes wrong with an experimental device then bad guys come out and you the silent protagonist have to stop them) but that didn't stop the game from being awesome, right?
tader-salad

I never found Doom or HL to have a super interesting plot... so maybe. But I don't mind good guy vs. bad guy for the sake of humanity at all as long as you have some interesting characters at a minimum... which like I said I can't really speak for Halo's characters since I have not played the game but the majority opinion in this thread seems to be the characters overall were pretty bland through the series.

A great example would be from the last game I beat and what I am working on now. Shining Force and Mario and Luigi: Partners in time have a lot in common for the story. Bad guy here wants to take over the world blah blah blah, but surprisingly enough I find M&L more interesting than Shining Force in the story department. Why? Mario and Luigi are hilarious throughout the game! Funny things happen and they can keep my attention. The chars in Shinging Force never talk, nothing happens. Heck NPCs throughout the game treat your silent protagonist like he is the only person traveling around doing stuff.

Just that difference seperates 2 games with similar stories for me. Like I have said 2 or 3 times now I haven't played the Halo games I was just making that statement from the people in this thread that didn't reek of fanboyness and can make complete and coherent statements.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I never understood Halo. Or Halo fanboys, for that matter. I'm not against it BECAUSE it's popular, it just boggles my mind how super huge the franchise actually is. I did finally play through Halo a year or two ago, and while it was pretty good at times, it was overall an annoying game.

The things that stuck out most in my mind are that the gameplay was pretty much the same throughout the entire game... not really many new weapons, the maps were recycled/looped to increase the longevity of the game (this is obvious, you would go to one room, clear a bunch of enemies, go to a bridge, clear a bunch of enemies, go to the same style of room with more enemies, than another bridge of the exact same type... same with the Spark/Flood level. Pretty much the same thing for over an hour. And lastly, the Flood were the worst.

Now the thing about Halo I understand the LEAST is why so many people say Halo 1 is great and Halo 2 is crap. Halo 2 had some VERY interesting level design, always a new locale and very rich and different areas.. some of them were awe inspiring. Not to mention all sorts of different weapons and such. I think Halo 2 is BY FAR the better game, and I have yet to play through Halo 3 since my disc is scratched and unreadable, but I think that's what separates me from understanding the genre. I found no particular appeal to the first Halo.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
Halo is all about the multiplayer thats where it shines especially for a console shooter, ESPECIALLY if you consdier when Halo 2 came out for XBOX. There was nothing that could compete with that type of intense multiplayer. Only PC Gamers have had that experience before which is why a lot of people think its over-hyped and average. Honestly though the fact that you could drive vehicles that had style. The banshee, warthog, ghost, all of em had a personality ESPCIALLY in battle. Theirs nothing like beating someone down or getting a killtacular and having the announcer declare your ownage over otheres. (unless you play Unreal on PC and the like)

Halo is amazing because of what its done for the console industry. Yes, there are much better FPS out theri TECHNICALLY, but not really on consoles. Only until this generation will we start seeing a lot more FPS that finally rival Halo 1s gameplay way back on the XBOX a LAUNCH game.

The story might not be revolutionary, but its polished and enjoyable (except for Halo 2....ugh) and it has spin off storylines in the form of Novels which not many games can claim to do.

I dunno I could go on about how great Halo is, and how great of a feeling it is playing it. Is it over-hyped? Maybe just a tad, is it average? Absolutely not.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
While the subsequent sequels have gotten better about this, the thing that irritated me most about the level design in the original game is that they would copy and paste a room 50 times and call it a level.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
While the subsequent sequels have gotten better about this, the thing that irritated me most about the level design in the original game is that they would copy and paste a room 50 times and call it a level.UT_Wrestler
ya, that was really only noticeable near the end, where youd go through the library or the snow levels conencted by thsoe tunnels that all looked and were built the same. And then youd leave for a few levels, and come back lol and do it all again. Then they brought that level back fro Halo 3.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Yep, halo 3 had a mission of "go shut down this tower and then go shut down 3 other towers that look exactly the same and have the exact same enemies".
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
People hate popular things.Hinata237
Especially when it involves aliens...
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#44 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

There are numerous reasons I didn't like the original halo:

1. Bungie should be banned from using copy and paste for the good of humanity. Never have I seen such repetive level design in a popular FPS. And worse still, they make you go back through them all... ugh...

2. A tank where you can freely shoot the driver... what genius engineer thought that was a good idea? Maybe good for gameplay, but a gloriously stupid premise in a game.

3. Really stupid vehichle controls.

Anyway, I don't claim these to be truths, they are my oppinions, which clearly lots don't share, but it's the reason I never could get into halo.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#45 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

I have always wondered, why people hate the game so much? I always figured it was people who thought they were cool for going against the hype, but maybe it's something else. After playing through the games, I just can't understand what's to hate. Capturing story, outstanding gameplay, great characters, it's all there. Can someone explain just why you hate it so much. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just wondering.monkeytoes61

I think a lot of it is anti-hype. I'm with you, all three are great games. Not as great as Megan Fox, but great still.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#46 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I gotta Question!Is it just me or became the Halo 3-MP more and more problems after a while?Ok,Match finding is one thing,but in the Game I seen so many people NOT dying from a Full-Magazine-Clip on the Head...I don´t think it was that bad in the beginning...I really loved the MP first,but since some people are just using the same tricks over and over again I got bored (Using a Vehicle,walk back-and-forth between a undestrucktable wall with a shotgun...)

00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts
Nothing wrong with Halo nothing Wrong with Halo2 altho i personally thought Halo 3 was way overhyped and disappointed me and my friends.
HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts

Capturing story, outstanding gameplay, great characters, it's all there.monkeytoes61

See, there's where you're wrong. The game has the gameplay, but it's downright awful in story and characters.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Well, it's not a perfect game, so there's bound to be something wrong with it. As is the case with all games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
Well, Halo 3 isn't a rotten video game. Nonetheless, don't expect everybody to love it.