Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GunBladeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 GunBladeHero
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

Out of nowhere I decided to give PSO Ep. I & II a go on the GCN. So I was playing yesterday and first thing I noticed is how the gameplay feels dated, quickly everything else in the game felt dated too. As I was playing a friend came over and we started playing splitscreen, inexplicably we were having a blast with it. Later on the day when he left I decided to continue playing the single player and became addicted to it despite the game not standing the test of time too smoothly.

PSO feels dated in just about every possible area and yet it's so addicting. Someone explain this bull*** to me please!! How can that happen! Haha!

Needless to say, I can't wait to get home from work and play it some more.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
haven't played it yet, but it's possible, sometimes games feel old as hell and surpassed in every way... and yet you're still having fun with them. could be theme, the art style, the combat, who knows?
GunBladeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 GunBladeHero
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

haven't played it yet, but it's possible, sometimes games feel old as hell and surpassed in every way... and yet you're still having fun with them. could be theme, the art style, the combat, who knows?rilpas
Aye, I think I've reached a conclusion that it's more or less because it's fun to slay monsters and level up, and some other factors like the ability to enhance your equipment.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
A fun, well designed game is still a fun, well designed game no matter how old it may be, or how outdated it's mechanics are.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I used to farm for high level items like crazy in that game.