PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][decided to look it up. he's 10-2 so far this year. not bad! some people just can't take the pressure there is being on like a team like the yankees. Dracula68

Damn 8 games over...lol Figures! Well as I said not the Yankees but rather NY I think cause it happens in our other sports too.

with the population, its gotta be a hard place to play. and there's all kinds of media there compared to most other places. but as far as the yankees, just be glad you have a team that does know how to win.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#752 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="chicknfeet"]Not as happy as Monday :(Allicrombie
Or as Manic. >_>

You're manic! =P

He's manic, you're manic, everyone's manic! :P

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#753 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

He's manic, you're manic, everyone's manic! :PMetamania

TOO MUCH MANIC!

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#754 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]He's manic, you're manic, everyone's manic! :Pc_rake

TOO MUCH MANIC!

Wasn't that a sports drink? Or am i thinking of a tv show?
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Wasn't that a sports drink? Or am i thinking of a tv show?chicknfeet

I don't know? Certainly sounds like something they'd name a sports drink after, though.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#757 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] You're manic! =P

Only on Mondays. ;)
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Finally beat Dark Souls after not playing the game for 5 months. Took 95 hours to explore pretty much everything thing there was to explore. Can't wait to do NG+.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 lShadyl
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Okay, now my EXP has been stuck at 95% for about two weeks, is there something I can about that? or maybe report it to a mod or something?

Dracula68

Dude, I feel for ya cause nobody ever answers you but you really need to visit TS more often. Gift from me to you: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29214800/

I noticed many people that post here in this very thread, have posted there, so I'm not sure why none of them deemed my question worthy of an answer.

But, anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Finally beat Dark Souls after not playing the game for 5 months. Took 95 hours to explore pretty much everything thing there was to explore. Can't wait to do NG+.ExoticAnimal

Is that game really THAT good?

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 lShadyl

Started playing what? The games that you mentioned? No. I slept today. Was too tired. Just woke up just now.Metamania

I finished Splatterhouse, forget what I said about it, it has a strong story to back up what's going on, I liked the gameplay very much, and the looks(design/graphics) appealed to me.

And most of all, I'm hoping for a sequel.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 c_rakestraw  Moderator

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Finally beat Dark Souls after not playing the game for 5 months. Took 95 hours to explore pretty much everything thing there was to explore. Can't wait to do NG+.lShadyl

If it's even half of what Demon's Souls was, and I'm told it's basically that but way bigger and better, then yes.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#762 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Finally beat Dark Souls after not playing the game for 5 months. Took 95 hours to explore pretty much everything thing there was to explore. Can't wait to do NG+.ExoticAnimal
cold shower time. >.>
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I noticed many people that post here in this very thread, have posted there, so I'm not sure why none of them deemed my question worthy of an answer.

But, anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

lShadyl

NP, if you ever have problems on the site check TS forum as someone usually makes a thread about it right away.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 Dracula68
OT is back for anybody that cares. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/314159273
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 Allicrombie
OT is back for anybody that cares. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/314159273Dracula68
Yep, now to wait for some political, religion, or girl help threads and we'll be back to normal !
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 Dracula68
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]OT is back for anybody that cares. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/314159273Allicrombie
Yep, now to wait for some political, religion, or girl help threads and we'll be back to normal !

I wish there was some automated system in place that could limit a type of thread for a certain amount of time before another user can reproduce it.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 ExoticAnimal

lShadyl
It sure is. Didn't get a lot of praise from most reviewers for no reason. I think the game is great but there were a few problems like most games do. One was just a slight problem with a certain part of the game, it would slow down if you were in this one area. It wasn't that bad but it did sort of make it harder to play through that area because of the slowdown. Another problem was of not knowing what to do for come situations. For example, I had a hard time figuring out that for this one boss, you needed to put on a ring to survive a fall so I kept dying trying to figure out how to reach the bottom of a dark pit. Had to google that and a few other things to know how to proceed onto the next area. But other than that, it was a lot of fun. I love challenging games and definitely wasn't that easy to play through. I would probably put it in my top 10-15 favorite game of all time.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Yep, now to wait for some political, religion, or girl help threads and we'll be back to normal !

You love that stuff. :P
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I've actually just started Dark Souls this week. Definitely tough at the beginning, but as soon as you pick up how the game flows, it is very enjoyable. Boss fights are the best I've played in some time.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 lShadyl

If it's even half of what Demon's Souls was, and I'm told it's basically that but way bigger and better, then yes.c_rake

It sure is. Didn't get a lot of praise from most reviewers for no reason. I think the game is great but there were a few problems like most games do. One was just a slight problem with a certain part of the game, it would slow down if you were in this one area. It wasn't that bad but it did sort of make it harder to play through that area because of the slowdown. Another problem was of not knowing what to do for come situations. For example, I had a hard time figuring out that for this one boss, you needed to put on a ring to survive a fall so I kept dying trying to figure out how to reach the bottom of a dark pit. Had to google that and a few other things to know how to proceed onto the next area. But other than that, it was a lot of fun. I love challenging games and definitely wasn't that easy to play through. I would probably put it in my top 10-15 favorite game of all time.ExoticAnimal

Is difficulty the only thing that makes this game good? cause that seems to be all anyone ever talks about.

If so, is it frustrating?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#771 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

[QUOTE="c_rake"]If it's even half of what Demon's Souls was, and I'm told it's basically that but way bigger and better, then yes.lShadyl

It sure is. Didn't get a lot of praise from most reviewers for no reason. I think the game is great but there were a few problems like most games do. One was just a slight problem with a certain part of the game, it would slow down if you were in this one area. It wasn't that bad but it did sort of make it harder to play through that area because of the slowdown. Another problem was of not knowing what to do for come situations. For example, I had a hard time figuring out that for this one boss, you needed to put on a ring to survive a fall so I kept dying trying to figure out how to reach the bottom of a dark pit. Had to google that and a few other things to know how to proceed onto the next area. But other than that, it was a lot of fun. I love challenging games and definitely wasn't that easy to play through. I would probably put it in my top 10-15 favorite game of all time.ExoticAnimal

Is difficulty the only thing that makes this game good? cause that seems to be all anyone ever talks about.

It can be pretty frustrating, but it's also rewarding to pass certain hurdles. I think the game does a good job of weighing off easier opponents and crippling challenges. It depends on how much you can take, really. It's a bit TOO much for my taste, but if you like being challenged, it's definitely a thrilling experience.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="c_rake"]If it's even half of what Demon's Souls was, and I'm told it's basically that but way bigger and better, then yes.lShadyl

only played the original. But i wasn't a fan of it. it just felt very dry and uninteresting.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 lShadyl

only played the original. But i wasn't a fan of it. it just felt very dry and uninteresting.ChikaraShref
Congratulations on being set free from the creepy smiley 24xl0tu.gif.

(Sorry I just had to do it :D)

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] only played the original. But i wasn't a fan of it. it just felt very dry and uninteresting.lShadyl

i knew you loved it =P
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 Dracula68
Oh BONK! we hate you so. Nothing like not being able to read pms and I am not even here that much any more. Bad timing...oh yeah!
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 ChikaraShref
Oh BONK! we hate you so. Nothing like not being able to read pms and I am not even here that much any more. Bad timing...oh yeah!Dracula68
glad i;m not the only one...
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 Metamania

I have been thinking about picking up Ghost Recon Future Soldier lately...hmm...

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] only played the original. But i wasn't a fan of it. it just felt very dry and uninteresting.ChikaraShref

i knew you loved it =P

OUCH! That hurt:?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#779 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Steam Sale is on. For those that didn't destroy a large part of their livelihood in just a few consecutive days, have fun. I'll be here feeling incredibly depressed.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 lShadyl

So, I started Bayonetta...the game is somewhat difficult to figure out, but once I get the hang of it, I'm sure it will be much easier.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 ExoticAnimal

lShadyl
It can get frustrating when you go through half an area only to die and lose all the souls you need help level you up. You do get another shot to go back through the level to recover them but if you die again, you'll lose those that you have lost previously. The difficulty isn't the only thing that makes the good. The game would not be the same if it was made easy. If you do like to be challenged unlike most games which they don't, then play the game or Demon's Souls. You'll have to slow down and be more alert of your surroundings through your first playthrough but after that, you'll know how the enemies attack and what the best course of action to take them down so it'll make the 2nd playthrough and on more easier. There is so many ways to play the game and set up the character to perform certain roles. The story is lacking but its the gameplay that makes the game so fun.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 ExoticAnimal
Steam Sale is on. For those that didn't destroy a large part of their livelihood in just a few consecutive days, have fun. I'll be here feeling incredibly depressed.Daavpuke
Yea, not going to be buying much this year. Got to watch my wallet.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#783 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I have been thinking about picking up Ghost Recon Future Soldier lately...hmm...

Metamania
If you are expecting the game to be anything like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, I will you fair warning in that it is not :(
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 Allicrombie
checking steam now, i don't see anything I NEED right away, though MW3 would be a good deal at 29.99 if I was into shooters.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 yagr_zero
checking steam now, i don't see anything I NEED right away, though MW3 would be a good deal at 29.99 if I was into shooters.Allicrombie
Pshh. You'll find something, if you haven't already. :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Garfield360UK

If you are expecting the game to be anything like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, I will you fair warning in that it is not :(

Except that I never played Warfighter at all, so this could be good or bad from the get-go. We'll see.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#787 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

So, I started Bayonetta...the game is somewhat difficult to figure out, but once I get the hang of it, I'm sure it will be much easier.

lShadyl
You'll figure it out. There will be some fights where the camera is your enemy, but just keep smashing buttons and it will be fine
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#788 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Except that I never played Warfighter at all, so this could be good or bad from the get-go. We'll see.

If you are expecting a tactical shooter then I probably recommend playing the old Ghost Recon and GRAW games over Future Soilder. It is very much a game of fast action and then quick time events which disappointed me (well from what I played of it anyway). However if that is your thing I am sure you can find it for a decent price now, it is coming down in price in the UK so I would assume a similar situation elsewhere.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

chicknfeet
You'll figure it out. There will be some fights where the camera is your enemy, but just keep smashing buttons and it will be fine

that should be the motto of lollipop chainsaw >.>
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"] If you are expecting the game to be anything like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, I will you fair warning in that it is not :(Garfield360UK

If you are expecting a tactical shooter then I probably recommend playing the old Ghost Recon and GRAW games over Future Soilder. It is very much a game of fast action and then quick time events which disappointed me (well from what I played of it anyway). However if that is your thing I am sure you can find it for a decent price now, it is coming down in price in the UK so I would assume a similar situation elsewhere.

I'm more than likely going to rent a copy today or sometime over the weekend.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 Dracula68

that should be the motto of lollipop chainsaw >.>Allicrombie

I keep forgetting to ask you how it is?

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]that should be the motto of lollipop chainsaw >.>Dracula68

I keep forgetting to ask you how it is?

i wanted it before launch. after the reviews and seeing the "2 best friends" of it, i lost all interest. except for boobies.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793 ExoticAnimal
Day one of the Steam summer sale and about $60 has been spent so far. Damn you Steam!
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 ChikaraShref
Day one of the Steam summer sale and about $60 has been spent so far. Damn you Steam!ExoticAnimal
around $10 for me. 3 games for that: hoard darksiders tropico 3 (thought it was a daily deal or flash deal. oh well.)
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Day one of the Steam summer sale and about $60 has been spent so far. Damn you Steam!ChikaraShref
around $10 for me. 3 games for that: hoard darksiders tropico 3 (thought it was a daily deal or flash deal. oh well.)

The largest amount I spent for one game was $25 for Saints Row 3 and all its dlc. If it wasn't for that, then I would still be in pretty decent shape.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 Dracula68
seeing the "2 best friends" of it, .ChikaraShref
What does that mean? lol
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Day one of the Steam summer sale and about $60 has been spent so far. Damn you Steam!ExoticAnimal

The largest amount I spent for one game was $25 for Saints Row 3 and all its dlc. If it wasn't for that, then I would still be in pretty decent shape.

awesome game! DLC kinda sucked though.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] seeing the "2 best friends" of it, .Dracula68
What does that mean? lol

http://www.dorkly.com/embed/41241/two-best-friends-play-lollipop-chainsaw
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 ExoticAnimal
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] around $10 for me. 3 games for that: hoard darksiders tropico 3 (thought it was a daily deal or flash deal. oh well.)

awesome game! DLC kinda sucked though.

Does it? Ah, no matter.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"] seeing the "2 best friends" of it, .ChikaraShref
What does that mean? lol

http://www.dorkly.com/embed/41241/two-best-friends-play-lollipop-chainsaw

WTF? I only watched like 2 minutes into it but you get an achievement for what looks like she was "picking a wedge out of her ass". G-Strings will do that!