PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

This glitch crap again? Post to see post. I may as well add if anybody didn't get this e-mail Amazon is gonna have a sale tomorrow starting midnight Pacific.

Customers who have purchased or shown an interest in video games might like to know that on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, the Amazon.com Gold Box will feature video game products for gamers all day long.Dracula68

Thanks for that but might not be in for like half the day since I'm heading out quite early.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#302 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
lollipop chainsaw is pretty neat.Allicrombie
The premise of that game is ridiculous.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#303 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]lollipop chainsaw is pretty neat.BranKetra

its so funny, the dialogue is hilarious and its just a funky game all around. I'm enjoying it though
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 lShadyl
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

Played a bit more of Max Payne 3, it's a must get if you don't already have it.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#305 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

lShadyl
I might if it wasn't for all the shooting.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]lollipop chainsaw is pretty neat.Allicrombie

its so funny, the dialogue is hilarious and its just a funky game all around. I'm enjoying it though

I didn't mean it in a bad way. >_> Maybe I'll try it out sometime after I exchange this blurry tv I just got.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 lShadyl
[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Allicrombie
I might if it wasn't for all the shooting.

Actually, I'm not a big fan of "the shooters era" myself, but I have to tell you, all the shooting's exactly the reason MP3 is fun. I usually don't give out shooter recommendations, so trust me on this one, you're gonna like it.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#308 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Actually, I'm not a big fan of "the shooters era" myself, but I have to tell you, all the shooting's exactly the reason MP3 is fun. I usually don't give out shooter recommendations, so trust me on this one, you're gonna like it.lShadyl

Is it a good starting point for someone who's never played a Max Payne game?

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"] Actually, I'm not a big fan of "the shooters era" myself, but I have to tell you, all the shooting's exactly the reason MP3 is fun. I usually don't give out shooter recommendations, so trust me on this one, you're gonna like it.c_rake

Is it a good starting point for someone who's never played a Max Payne game?

I haven't gotten really deep into the game yet, but so far you can get the big idea, and you won't feel lost at all as it is a completely different story. HOWEVER, I would strongly advise playing the first games, though they may be old, they are extremely enjoyable.

But if you can't get around to doing so, I would at least suggest reading this article which tells you what happened in the first two games.

I hope that answered your question.

EDIT: Well this is new.(Check the unread posts number)

Glitch

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 ExoticAnimal
Yea, that's a glitch that happens quite too often on the forums, mainly with the larger sized threads.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 c_rakestraw  Moderator

I haven't gotten really deep into the game yet, but so far you can get the big idea, and you won't feel lost at all as it is a completely different story. HOWEVER, I would strongly advise playing the first games, though they may be old, they are extremely enjoyable.

But if you can't get around to doing so, I would at least suggest reading this article which tells you what happened in the first two games.

I hope that answered your question.

lShadyl

I already got the gist of what's happened (the episode of Escape From Mount Stupid GameSpot did on the series covered that well), but... heck, that's never stopped me from playing a series in order before. I'll just get a hold of the first two at some point.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#312 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]lollipop chainsaw is pretty neat.Allicrombie

What is your favorite stage thus far? My favorite was Stage 4 with Stage 3 a close second. Have you ever had a Space cake? :P
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Swanogt19
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I am nearing the end of Catherine and A Storm of Swords is getting interesting. Man I want to read more but I am just so captivated by Catherine. BranKetra
So that's a good one?

I take it you're referring to Catherine. My answer is yes. A great puzzle game that has a good story; one that is unique to videogames. The game appears to have some replay value. Looks like I would be going back and forth between Lollipop Chainsaw and Catherine to unlock extra stuff.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I am nearing the end of Catherine and A Storm of Swords is getting interesting. Man I want to read more but I am just so captivated by Catherine. Swanogt19
So that's a good one?

I take it you're referring to Catherine. My answer is yes. A great puzzle game that has a good story; one that is unique to videogames. The game appears to have some replay value. Looks like I would be going back and forth between Lollipop Chainsaw and Catherine to unlock extra stuff.

Yeah. I've heard similar things about it. Sounds cool.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Swanogt19
I would recommend checking it out if you have the time.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 branketra
I would recommend checking it out if you have the time. Swanogt19
Actually, I just ordered a lot of stuff this past weekend, so that will have to wait a little while.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 lShadyl

I still wanna hear your opinions about Dead or Alive 5.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#318 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

lShadyl

DOA 5 is going to be another DOA typical game, just with a tweak or two, a new character or two. I'm going to buy it on day one, regardless. I need new fighters to play, besides Street Fighter, which I've been burned out by lately.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Metamania

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I would recommend checking it out if you have the time. BranKetra
Actually, I just ordered a lot of stuff this past weekend, so that will have to wait a little while.

What did you order this time, Bran?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Metamania

Today, I learned that Amazon shipped off my order of the entire Linkin Park discography, including the new album, with the last two Offspring records (the one that's out a long while and the one that came out today, as of this writing). All of it should be in on Friday...yay!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

For some reason Spec Ops The Line embargo break got Toto's Hold the Line stuck in my head now.

Anybody get any good deals on Amazon? Going by the current clue I am thinking Witcher 2 is next and if it is 20 or less I am all over it. Got an hour and 46 min to kill and not forget to check back though.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#322 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Amazon.com is so much better than our piece of crap Amazon.ca. I hate you guys.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Dracula68
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Amazon.com is so much better than our piece of crap Amazon.ca. I hate you guys.

They are awesome for deals and awesome return service. Hell, they ship something back out immediately where I noticed other web siters need you to first send the damaged item back before they will ship anything.
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]

Metamania

DOA 5 is going to be another DOA typical game, just with a tweak or two, a new character or two. I'm going to buy it on day one, regardless. I need new fighters to play, besides Street Fighter, which I've been burned out by lately.

Doesn't seem like "just a tweal or two", I mean...THEY DECREASED THE JIGGLING PHYSICS!

But in all seriousness, they seem to have been putting a lot of work into it, ofcourse it's still DoA, but seems like it's going to offer something new to the franchise.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Metamania

For some reason Spec Ops The Line embargo break got Toto's Hold the Line stuck in my head now.

Anybody get any good deals on Amazon? Going by the current clue I am thinking Witcher 2 is next and if it is 20 or less I am all over it. Got an hour and 46 min to kill and not forget to check back though.

Dracula68

Is there a link to check out the latest deals, not to mention what you said recently about it?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Metamania

Is there a link to check out the latest deals, not to mention what you said recently about it?

I is confused? I guess at the clue and was right reading another thread here in PGD.

Spiderman embargo breaking in 90 min.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Dracula68
Man users post a lot in this forum over 1 day. Gonna go make my rounds now that PGD is secure from dupe threads and advertisers!
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

I is confused? I guess at the clue and was right reading another thread here in PGD.

Sorry for making you confused. I guess you posted about it in the previous page?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Sorry for making you confused. I guess you posted about it in the previous page?

Oh yeah sorry. Witcher is too high for me. 47.99:( Here's a link

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 lShadyl

Just finished Far Cry, the game was interesting, and I'm sure if I had played it at the time, it would've seemed a lot better.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I would recommend checking it out if you have the time. Metamania

I'm gonna talk about it my next blog once it all gets here. It's gonna be all the electronics and games I've bought over the past month.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

Thanks for the link. There really isn't that many good deals, particulary on anything I want.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Actually, I just ordered a lot of stuff this past weekend, so that will have to wait a little while.BranKetra

I'm gonna talk about it my next blog once it all gets here. It's gonna be all the electronics and games I've bought over the past month.

No problem man!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Thanks for the link. There really isn't that many good deals, particulary on anything I want.

Well in fairness to them there have only been 2 deals so far...lol Spiderman and the Witcher II.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Metamania

I just watched Kevin VanOrd's review of Amazing Spiderman. Looks tempting to buy...

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Dracula68

I just watched Kevin VanOrd's review of Amazing Spiderman. Looks tempting to buy...

Metamania

Yeah I was slated to get it as a rental but I still have Lego BM 2 at home so no chance now. Gotta find another new release to rent before Darksiders II.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Dracula68

Yeah I was slated to get it as a rental but I still have Lego BM 2 at home so no chance now. Gotta find another new release to rent before Darksiders II.

Which reminds me, I need to start working on Darksiders I and have it completed before Darksiders II is out.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Dracula68

Which reminds me, I need to start working on Darksiders I and have it completed before Darksiders II is out.

Metamania

Achievement hunting or you never beat it?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Dracula68

Achievement hunting or you never beat it?

I haven't beaten it yet. Last I remember, I received a boomerang-like weapon and was using it for a puzzle.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#340 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Anybody here tried Spec Op's or the new DLC for Skyrim?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

No problem man!

Okay. If you're interested, that will probably be up at the end of the week. I just want to make sure everything is here to make sure it's an accurate listing and I don't have to go back and edit stuff.

lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 lShadyl

Dracula68

Extremely excited about Darksiders II!

Metamania

I haven't beaten it yet. Last I remember, I received a boomerang-like weapon and was using it for a puzzle.

Metamania

You should really continue playing Darksiders as it is a blast and the ending will just blow your mind!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#343 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

My course load next year:

Fall 2012:
ITM700 - Information Technology and Strategic Management
ITM601 - Advanced Business Process Models
GEO106 - Geography of Everyday Life

Winter 2013:
ITM800 - Applied Feasibility Analysis
POG110 - Canadian Politics
ENT526 - Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Strategy

--

Looks like staying an extra year might pay off. Six courses left before graduation and on top of that, only the Advanced Business Process Models one will be a bit tough. The ITM700/800 course will be hard but a different kind of hard, not material wise but meeting with your client and company on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis.

Bwahaha, only six courses then I graduate! Then I find full-time work, yay.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Dracula68

I'm late, but I love Toto. While I'm on music, how do you guys go about discovering new stuff? I'm in a listening mood right now.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 ExoticAnimal
Getting near the end of Lego: Harry Potter: Years 1-4 but can only take so much of it at once. Been playing in spurts as it just gets too boring and is slow paced.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Metamania

^I will soon.

Right now, though, I've been trying to figure out a way to get money faster in Resident Evil 5. I want to upgrade all of my weapons and get infinite ammo as fast as possible...

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 c_rakestraw  Moderator

You should really continue playing Darksiders as it is a blast and the ending will just blow your mind!lShadyl

Indeed.

Shame the sequel doesn't pick up where the ending left off. But hey -- more Darksiders is better than no Darksiders.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 branketra

My course load next year:

Fall 2012:
ITM700 - Information Technology and Strategic Management
ITM601 - Advanced Business Process Models
GEO106 - Geography of Everyday Life

Winter 2013:
ITM800 - Applied Feasibility Analysis
POG110 - Canadian Politics
ENT526 - Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Strategy

--

Looks like staying an extra year might pay off. Six courses left before graduation and on top of that, only the Advanced Business Process Models one will be a bit tough. The ITM700/800 course will be hard but a different kind of hard, not material wise but meeting with your client and company on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis.

Bwahaha, only six courses then I graduate! Then I find full-time work, yay.

Haziqonfire
So what's your major?
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#349 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts
Halo 4's slowly pulling me in to gamespot.com again :@ grr hi Drac!
lShadyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 lShadyl

[QUOTE="lShadyl"]You should really continue playing Darksiders as it is a blast and the ending will just blow your mind!c_rake

Indeed.

Shame the sequel doesn't pick up where the ending left off. But hey -- more Darksiders is better than no Darksiders.

My personal anticipation: If everything goes well, and the sequel sells at least as much the first game, there will be a story(sequel) for each horseman, or at least another one for the remaining two(Fury and Strife), and then in the last game it will pick up where Darksiders left off, which in my opinion is great, as you get to know more about each and every one of them, also about the Darksiders universe. What do you think?