PC game where you can use MIDI instruments to control?

poddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poddo
Member since 2015 • 18 Posts

Specifically a rhythm game using keyboard(piano)?

Like the game Rock Band 3, except it can use any casio/yamaha etc plug-and-play/midi controller and you just plug it in, the game detects it and lets you play the rhythm game with the device? I don't have any consoles, I emulate every console/handheld game I play, so it'd be better if the game was simply for PC.

Any recommendation?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@poddo said:

Specifically a rhythm game using keyboard(piano)?

Like the game Rock Band 3, except it can use any casio/yamaha etc plug-and-play/midi controller and you just plug it in, the game detects it and lets you play the rhythm game with the device? I don't have any consoles, I emulate every console/handheld game I play, so it'd be better if the game was simply for PC.

Any recommendation?

There was that old Miracle Piano game on NES. No idea on whether any NES emulator can handle it though.

poddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 poddo

@Black_Knight_00: I am checking it out but I agree, I don't think any emulator exists for it. No loss in searching though! So thanks!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@poddo said:

@Black_Knight_00: I am checking it out but I agree, I don't think any emulator exists for it. No loss in searching though! So thanks!

Well, any emulator will run the game itself. It's called "Miracle Piano Teaching System", but it's actually two minigames. The head-scratcher will be getting the emulator to recognize your midi keyboard, I'm guessing. You might have to get creative on that one.

poddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 poddo

@Black_Knight_00: yeah, I got the Sega genesis version and it seems to be running fine but I can't control it, sadly I looked all over the place for sega emulators with MIDI support but there's none. I'll try the NES version now :o

Sadly I don't have any programming knowledge so I can't do anything about it..can't make a custom emulator.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Black_Knight_00

Do this: google 'emulation community', and ask in any of the forums that come up in the results. If anyone knows the answer, that's where you will find it. Gamespot is the last place on earth to find help for these things lol

poddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 poddo

@Black_Knight_00: Ooh okay :o I should get into a forum about emulators anyway.

I just searched up "video game forum" and found gamespot and signed up just today because I like gamespot, hehe.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@poddo said:

@Black_Knight_00: Ooh okay :o I should get into a forum about emulators anyway.

I just searched up "video game forum" and found gamespot and signed up just today because I like gamespot, hehe.

Yeah, unfortunately most people here don't really care about anything retro. If you're not talking about the latest news or releases, good luck getting any replies on gamespot.

poddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poddo

@Black_Knight_00: Oo I see :o thanks for the info! That makes sense seeing the homepage of this website.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

@poddo said:

@Black_Knight_00: Oo I see :o thanks for the info! That makes sense seeing the homepage of this website.

lol no problem