Paperboy question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

The theme of my autobiographical essay is kind of my life as it relates to video games (or video games as they relate to my life). For one part (dealing with my failure in a relationship) I wanted to say something like "I remember playing Paperboy on the Nintendo in the 90's, and I'd be riding along deleviring my newspapers so well, dodging rude skateboarders, and dogs, until the old lady came screaming out of her front door after I bashed in her window with a paper, chasing me with a _______" (something to that effect, and go into how my failed relationship was like being chased by a crazed lady or something..lol)

But what the heck does she chase you with? I just downloaded the ROM to try to find out myself (this is for school purposes only, and I used to own the game), but it looks like a grey blob...Is it a shoe? For all I know my teacher has played the game, so I want to try to be accurate.

Thanks!

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Maybe it is the paper you threw at her?
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts

Maybe it is the paper you threw at her?Toriko42

No, it's gray....

Here is the paragraph...Maybe I should have posted this in OT, but anyway thought I'd share this:

I remember playing Paperboy on the Nintendo in the nineties. I'd be riding along on my bike, perfectly lodging my newspapers into their boxes, while dodging skateboarders and come to life yard statues, until I would bash in a window with a wildly-thrown paper. At that point an old lady, with gray hair would come running out of her door, wielding a shoe high above her head, and knock me clean off my bike. My relationship with (name removed) was a smooth ride, until several mistakes of mine ended with a hard fall to the reality of pavement, just short of the high score.

Do you think the 'high score' remark makes it sound like I was trying to...um..score? I wasn't even thinking of alluding to that, but now that it's there I think it's kind of funny...Should I leave that in the paper?

justjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 justjason
Member since 2002 • 401 Posts
When you said score, I immediately thought of "score," so you might want to change that. As for what the lady was chasing you with, that I couldn't tell you.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Nah it's good man, if it's grey I'd assume it's a shoe but you can put in brackets (Unidentified grey object) or something along those lines
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
That's fine the way it is. And when I read high score, luckily I'm an adult and my mind doesn't think pervtedly right off. When I saw it and knew what you were talking about in the paragraph it made me think of High Score meaning a successful relationship. In general, just succedding at doing your best in the relationship and things working out for you, but you just fell short of that by messing up. It sounds great.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I always thought it was a knife. Butchers knife maybe.