Open World First Person Shooters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by scorchingitup (168 posts) -

What are some open world first person shooters, Far Cry 3 which looks grand is only a day away wooo! Can't wait! But what about other open world fps. Name as many as you can please and no fallouts because they are rpg mostly. Thx

#2 Posted by Lord_Nas3k (1492 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

#3 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

I dont know of any open world fps except for far cry 3.

#4 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Borderlands 1 & 2
Rage

And then the air get's very thin

#5 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -
Far Cry 2 is the only one that truly fits the description that comes to mind.Other games which are semi-open world:
  • Rage
  • Dishonored
  • Dead Island
#6 Posted by chaplainDMK (6667 posts) -
ArmA series, Operation Flashpoint series.
#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

Borderlands 1 & 2
Rage

And then the air get's very thin

Justforvisit
yeah those are good examples, i am playing Borderlands 1 myself, and that is one big ass game
#8 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Deus E: HR

Not completely open world like far cry, but still worth mentioning because of it's greatness.

#9 Posted by taiwwa (251 posts) -

Firefall.

and i recommend that you buy a $20 founders package to get into beta

#11 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Barderlands, Borderlands 2.

Games that give you a somewhat feel of open world FPS but are actually not = RAGE, Crysis. (Don't get Crysis 2, it blows)

#12 Posted by Planeforger (15454 posts) -
Xenus 2: White Gold and The Precursors come to mind. They're both very...European, but they're definitely open-world shooters.
#13 Posted by Motroucet (671 posts) -

Not really a traditional FPS, but i'd say TES V: Skyrim. It's native first person set in an open world and you can shoot things with magick and bows. :)

Edit:

Just read OP say 'No Fallouts'...whoops disregard the above then.

Anyway yeah ARMA II is good but to me DayZ is super mint! :)

#14 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Good Lord Man ! Soooooo Many RPG's ! Whats the appeal of combining Sandbox games with RPG's ?
#15 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Good Lord Man ! Soooooo Many RPG's ! Whats the appeal of combining Sandbox games with RPG's ?Lulekani

An open world to explore and find cool stuff combined with loot and improving your character and because it's open world there are many many ways to take to improve your character?

#16 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18163 posts) -

The next best thing after FarCry 3 is FarCry 2, then there's the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and if you're into lesser known games you may want to try Boiling Point Road to Hell and its sequel, White Gold.

#19 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Boiling Point

Unfortunately the game was pretty bad. The concept behind it was amazing though.

#20 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Only one I could think of off the top of my head was borderlands. Just got it recently and its great so far.

#21 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

rage

borderlands

#22 Posted by eHype (8 posts) -
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series are amazing. Definitely check them out if you haven't done so already. Lesser known but still a solid open world FPS game is Xenus White Gold.
#23 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
I recently saw the trailer for Borderlands 2 : very misleading indead. Isnt the a theatrical trailer that atleast attempts to make looting look fun ?
#24 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Dead Island and STALKER.

#25 Posted by onderozen (1 posts) -

Postal 2 of course...