Oblivion Like Game recomendation ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for battleslayer666
Battleslayer666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Battleslayer666
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hello All,

I loved Oblivion/Morrowind but I am looking for a PC or Xbox360 'hack and slash' game with a similar look, like Red Dead Redemption I want to explore a colourful but beautiful but 'medevil like' historical kingdom and be wowed by the scenery, unfortunately Skyrim was too black and white and bland, I didn't like it being mostly snow etc, can you help me find a game to play that wows me when I go to a new town/village etc ? :) Thanks

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

There are plenty of mods that transform Skyrim into a lush, forested paradise. Why not give that a try?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Uhm..... nothing but Skyrim comes to mind

Battleslayer666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Battleslayer666

@Lulu_Lulu:

Really :) can you get me info on where and how I use them ?? :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu

@battleslayer666:

I know nothing about mods...... I haven't gamed on PC since GTA IV.

NewWellofGabe should know how to get and install them.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

@battleslayer666 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

NexusMods is where I get my mods. I recommend downloading their mod manager (Nexus Mod Manager or NMM for short) as it makes downloading and installing mods much easier than manually installing them. You will need to register for a (free) account to download mods to the mod manager (when you log in and are on a mod page, there usually is a green "Download with Manager" button on the right side of the page, but if not, click on the "Files" tab and it should be there) , but it is very easy to do. Here's a decent guide on using NMM and picking mods:

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/27fc6y/super_epic_guide_if_you_are_relatively_new_here/

I would recommend a massive overhaul mod- Tropical Skyrim. It transforms Skyrim into a lush, tropical paradise. So some forests are replaced by jungles, others by bamboo forests. It's a very big change, but if you don't want to waste time downloading 50 mods to work together, I would recommend this one. Download link- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/?

If you don't like that mod, I would recommend "Summer Edition" by AceeQ. It transforms Skyrim into a lush summer world. I don't think this mod is on NexusMods, but the author gives instructions on how to install. It's safe, don't worry, I've used his website for other mods. Download link- http://aceeqmodding.weebly.com/summer-edition.html

If you have any questions, please ask me- I spend a lot of time modding this game. Maybe too much time....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu

@newwellofgabe:

You're a real treasure you know that.... ;)

Maybe I'l be helpful too one day.

Battleslayer666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Battleslayer666

@newwellofgabe said:

@battleslayer666 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

NexusMods is where I get my mods. I recommend downloading their mod manager (Nexus Mod Manager or NMM for short) as it makes downloading and installing mods much easier than manually installing them. You will need to register for a (free) account to download mods to the mod manager (when you log in and are on a mod page, there usually is a green "Download with Manager" button on the right side of the page, but if not, click on the "Files" tab and it should be there) , but it is very easy to do. Here's a decent guide on using NMM and picking mods:

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/27fc6y/super_epic_guide_if_you_are_relatively_new_here/

I would recommend a massive overhaul mod- Tropical Skyrim. It transforms Skyrim into a lush, tropical paradise. So some forests are replaced by jungles, others by bamboo forests. It's a very big change, but if you don't want to waste time downloading 50 mods to work together, I would recommend this one. Download link- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/?

If you don't like that mod, I would recommend "Summer Edition" by AceeQ. It transforms Skyrim into a lush summer world. I don't think this mod is on NexusMods, but the author gives instructions on how to install. It's safe, don't worry, I've used his website for other mods. Download link- http://aceeqmodding.weebly.com/summer-edition.html

If you have any questions, please ask me- I spend a lot of time modding this game. Maybe too much time....

That's great thanks both for the info, I have just found a Morrowind mod that overhauls the graphics etc going to give that a try if I can work out how to install it, thanks :)

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I heard gothic 2 is is some what comparable, but I don't know if it is open world though.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Divinity 2 dragon knight saga

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

There are a ton of games like this, just none of them are very good.

Two Worlds II

Risen 2, Risen 3

Divinity II: Ego Draconis is probably the best one I can think of off the top. You get to do on foot and in-air dragon stuff which is cool. The game gets annoying at the end tho