Now that i beat Final Fantasy X i feel empty inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elcolto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 elcolto
Member since 2004 • 247 Posts
Now that i beat Final Fantasy X i feel empty inside. Yeah that was the best game i ever played.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
The ending was great.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I recently went back and started playing it again (though I can't get to enjoy translated al behd dialogue because my memory card got wiped by Sony's holiday disc several years back). Its one of my favorite RPGs. Anyway, if you're still dying for more there's always FFX-2 (which imo wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I liked it).
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

You should play Final Fantasy X-2 as a follow-up and then play Final Fantasy 12. Just to get more FF in your life. ;)

But for me, the only games I ever felt empty was after passing Resident Evil 4,the first Halo,and Zelda Ocarina/Twilight Princess, not because I felt sad or felt a void, but the games were so good I wanted more.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I know how you feel... that's what happened to me when I finished Tales of Symphonia.
Unholy_Sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Unholy_Sword
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
look for a new game that will make you feel complete again or.... let the emptiness consume your very soul till you rot inside out.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
That happened to me when I beat MGS 1,2 and 3, Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, andto a slightly lesser degree,Okami.
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like the entire time you are playing, you want to accomplish the task and ultimately beat the game. Then once you have did that, you just wish you weren't finished with it, and it was longer.

It's a crappy feeling.

Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

The ending was great.fuzzysquash

Simply one of the best of all time. In fact, I never played the sequel but watched the ending online and I write it off as fan fiction because it honestly DETRACTED from the ending of X, which is just near perfect. In fact, I haven't played an RPG since because of how powerful an experience that was for me.

To the TC, it goes on. You'll be fine. Just glad that you gave the game the attention it deserved.

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
the only thing that has made me feel empty inside was after I finished watching the move "The Jacket"
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Coincidentally I also felt empty inside. Though it's really more because I felt like I had just ingested Draino and it made me feel hollow inside. That's kind of the same thing.

Sorry, I'm glad that you liked the game, but I really just thought it was just horrible. It took everything that was good about the series and just killed it.

Ectomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ectomy
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

Coincidentally I also felt empty inside. Though it's really more because I felt like I had just ingested Draino and it made me feel hollow inside. That's kind of the same thing.

Sorry, I'm glad that you liked the game, but I really just thought it was just horrible. It took everything that was good about the series and just killed it.

Robio_basic

As far as the main story goes, I agree with you, after watching the cutscenes again they were twice as bad as I remember them (advice to Tidus, STFU), the random encounders kill all the atmosphere the game tried to build up and it was so linear there was barely anything interesting to do.

The endgame on the other hand is easily the very best of the Final Fantasys, the ability to avoid random battles and travel anywhere you want quickly allows for uncompromised exploration, you can discover new things and generally just chill out without being interupted by rediculous characters or DUN DE DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUNNNN, DA DA DUUNNN...(most annoying battle music ever). In that sense it's arguably the best JRPG of all time.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Final Fantasy X was a pimple on a donkeys arse compared to the rest of the RPGS out there, easily the worst in the series, with the most annoying metrosexual main character wannabe emo scum.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

Final Fantasy X was a pimple on a donkeys arse compared to the rest of the RPGS out there, easily the worst in the series, with the most annoying metrosexual main character wannabe emo scum.GodModeEnabled

I want to be your friend

yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts

As far as the main story goes, I agree with you, after watching the cutscenes again they were twice as bad as I remember them (advice to Tidus, STFU), the random encounders kill all the atmosphere the game tried to build up and it was so linear there was barely anything interesting to do.

The endgame on the other hand is easily the very best of the Final Fantasys, the ability to avoid random battles and travel anywhere you want quickly allows for uncompromised exploration, you can discover new things and generally just chill out without being interupted by rediculous characters or DUN DE DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUNNNN, DA DA DUUNNN...(most annoying battle music ever). In that sense it's arguably the best JRPG of all time.

Ectomy
What is the endgame? Do you just mean when the game gets close to the end. I'm still working on it. I hate the random battles though. They occur at a ridiculous rate, making me put the game down for a couple weeks at a time because I get sick of it.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
just ignore the whole FFX-2 debacle and pretend it ended right there. put on some journey and pretend big t soprano and tidus are still in those worlds :)
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Final Fantasy X was a pimple on a donkeys arse compared to the rest of the RPGS out there, easily the worst in the series, with the most annoying metrosexual main character wannabe emo scum.NaiKoN9293

I want to be your friend

It had to be said! send me an FR on live sometime!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Final Fantasy X was a pimple on a donkeys arse compared to the rest of the RPGS out there, easily the worst in the series, with the most annoying metrosexual main character wannabe emo scum.GodModeEnabled

I actually agree with you, FFX really wasn't that great, definitely not the best in the series. It sucks it took like five years until FFXII came out.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Well it's the best RPG on the ps2 for a reason. It has great sphere system and optional bossfights which takes months of preparations to beat.Besides all that, it has epic and unforgettable cinematics.
Adamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Adamar
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

The endgame on the other hand is easily the very best of the Final Fantasys, the ability to avoid random battles and travel anywhere you want quickly allows for uncompromised exploration, you can discover new things and generally just chill out without being interupted by rediculous characters or DUN DE DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUNNNN, DA DA DUUNNN...(most annoying battle music ever). In that sense it's arguably the best JRPG of all time.Ectomy

Hmm, kind of. The plethora of bosses towards the end of the game (Sin 12 times! Seymour 9! and others) got tedious and irritating. My party may have been underlevelled, but due to the poorly-designed advancement systemI have no idea. Normal monsters that one hit you (stone breath anyone?) are fun!

Maybe I just sucked at the game, I dunno. Got to the final boss (the other one), lost, and kinda lost interest, although I do want to finish the game some time.

Ectomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ectomy

[QUOTE="Ectomy"]

yakk_3
What is the endgame? Do you just mean when the game gets close to the end. I'm still working on it. I hate the random battles though. They occur at a ridiculous rate, making me put the game down for a couple weeks at a time because I get sick of it.

By 'the endgame' I mean 'the airship and no encounters armor', these things are your best friends. I know exactly how you feel though, the part just before you get to the end is the most horrible part of the game by far (I put the game down for months at a time), but keep persisting because it's worth it in the end. Whatever you do, don't actually finish the game until you've done as many sidequests as you can.
Ectomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ectomy
just ignore the whole FFX-2 debacle and pretend it ended right there. put on some journey and pretend big t soprano and tidus are still in those worlds :)OneWingedAngeI
I can assure you that this is very good advice, FFX-2 has a story that no man should see else his soul should suffer the most terrible agony imaginable by all of the unseen.
Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 LIKETOPLAYGAMES
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
That was one of my all time fav games, just wait a year and play it again, it's just as good again
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
I really wasn't overwhelmed with the tale of X. From the opening scene I really didn't like Tidus at all. So far I am enjoying the more realistic story of XII alot more.
Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

No, come on, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back! :D

I really enjoyed FFX. Tidus was annoying, but that was his character. He was a young, rebellious, inexperienced guy who got put in a situation where he ended up fighting his pop.

walrusgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#26 walrusgod
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

I personally didn't like the story of X a lot, but it was a hell of a lot better than X-2 (Honestly, I watched someone play the first 15 minutes and I couldn't stomach any more of it. Was someone watching a Charlie's Angels marathon or something?), and I found that XII had the potential to have a great story, but halfway through the game they forgot to develop the plot any farther...many of the plot elements just seemed to be ignored in the second half of the game.

And the final boss of FF X was extremely disappointing...it just seemed like a stupid final boss, and by that point in the game, you were either severely underlevelled and being one-shot killed, or over-levelled and able to kill everything before it even touched you. Oh well, hopefully XIII will be kick ass...I still have some hope for that.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

I know how you feel.

Actually i don't when I finished it I had a lovely feeling inside which can best be described with 3 emoticons.

:(O_O:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Did you really beat it? You should get all the hidden aeons and celestial weapons first.
MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

Robio_basic

For everything good that FF X did, it countered everyone of those good things with something equally bad. I crticize the game mostly for not evolving FF enough. It took some baby steps for the series, but the gameplay was left lacking more than it should have been IMO. Frankly I thought the gameplay of FF VIII was somewhat deeper.

That and (and I may be alone here) but some parts of the game were too obscure for me personally. The whole thing with the sigils and crests and the ways to obtain them and unlock the power of the ultimate weapons were pretty ridiculous, that's even if you were able to figure out where and how to obtain them without an FAQ.

I do give the game credit for being one of the top plots in the series right up there with VI and VIII and pulling off Square's foray into voice acting with great success, excluding Yuna of course.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamingqueen
[QUOTE="Robio_basic"]

MarcusAntonius

For everything good that FF X did, it countered everyone of those good things with something equally bad. I crticize the game mostly for not evolving FF enough. It took some baby steps for the series, but the gameplay was left lacking more than it should have been IMO. Frankly I thought the gameplay of FF VIII was somewhat deeper.

That and (and I may be alone here) but some parts of the game were too obscure for me personally. The whole thing with the sigils and crests and the ways to obtain them and unlock the power of the ultimate weapons were pretty ridiculous, that's even if you were able to figure out where and how to obtain them without an FAQ.

I do give the game credit for being one of the top plots in the series right up there with VI and VIII and pulling off Square's foray into voice acting with great success, excluding Yuna of course.

Did you really play FFX? What you said about the story impiles on the gameplay and vice versa.

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

Did you really play FFX? What you said about the story impiles on the gameplay and vice versa.

gamingqueen

What exactly do you mean here? I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to get across.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamingqueen

I dunno where ur messege is... :(

The story in FFX was the low point about it but they hid it with awesome presentation and epic cinematics* one of the best I've seen* While the gameplay is superb. It's true that some of the quests were frustrating but you guys aint seen anything yet! I managed to beat the game with a broken analog stick! I rode chocobos witha broken analog system! Dodges 1023 consecutive bolts with a broken analong stick! And it wasn't bad at all!

naelgilani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naelgilani
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

Played it, finished it, loved it. Although the copy I had wouldnt let me see the ending so I didnt see the actual ending till two years after I beat it but thats besides the point. It was a great game that kepte me amused and busy for over 60 hours, which I will never be able to do again. But it did not leave me empty inside. I guess I didnt get as engulfed in it as some other people did.

And just for the record I am going to have to say that it was way better than XII, there just wasnt anything to keep me wanting to play but I endured and managed to painfully finish it which definitely did not leave me empty inside. It left me more with a confused expression of "Thats it???"

walrusgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#35 walrusgod
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

And just for the record I am going to have to say that it was way better than XII, there just wasnt anything to keep me wanting to play but I endured and managed to painfully finish it which definitely did not leave me empty inside. It left me more with a confused expression of "Thats it???"

naelgilani

I have to agree that the plot for FF XII, by the end, was pretty horrible and extremely disappointing...that being said, though, I found the gameplay of XII to be above X...X could be fun for a while, but the sheer number of random battles and some ridiculous side-quests (collect ten of every monster? So annoying) made the game seem draining and more of a chore by about halfway through the game.

Frankly I thought the gameplay of FF VIII was somewhat deeper.

MarcusAntonius

That being said, I actually got a very empty feeling from FF VIII as well...I don't know, but I just hated Squall as a protagonist. And the draw system was, in my opinion, somewhat unintuitive...I will give them credit for trying something different, but I just felt that it failed.

Granted, I'm also one of those people who really really liked the card game...probably the only reason I kept playing after about halfway through the game.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The ending was great.fuzzysquash
Yeah. If you want more FFX, go to the Monster Trainer in that huge plain field where the chocobo races are available. There are monsters there that just won't die even against a full roster of 99,999 HP having and damage-giving allies....not to mention all of the abilities and whatnot.
Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I know that empty feeling. I hate finishing some games because of it. Just to let you know, you aren't the only one who feels that way after a good game.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

Now that i beat Final Fantasy X i feel empty inside. Yeah that was the best game i ever played.elcolto

I felt the same the first time too. It has such a sad ending. I just wanted to cry, but couldn't.

Dan_Chieffallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dan_Chieffallo
Member since 2002 • 336 Posts

Not that I'm defending Tidus in any way (I hate him as much as you), but I really think you need a new definition of "emo." O_o Tidus was one of the more cheerful FF protagonists. He was sometimes brooding, but never emo.

Now had your sentence related to Cloud and Squall, I totally would have agreed. Thank God both of them finally come around; it's just a shame that -- in both cases -- it's way too late in the game for their characters to be fully redeemed.

bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
FFX was one of my favorite FF games of all time. I kind of missed out on the FF games after VI and never got around to finishing VII. I loved the story and gameplay. I've played through it twice one time underleveled and one time way over leveled (2 and 1-hit kills on final bosses).

And aren't all FF protaganists emo metrosexuals? They all have bright stylized hair and awkward fitting clothing.