Non-Nintendo owners, or use to be owners?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

Non-Nintendo owners, or use to be owners, What would make you purchase the next Nintendo console?

Games like Star fox 64, Perfect dark, Metroid prime 3: Corruption, Megaman 64, Goldeneye, Donkey kong 64, super smash bros. These games were all original, and amazing! These titles are what I remember from the past when I actually cared for nintendo, and owned a system, what about you guys? If they re-release games like this, or made decent sequels would you get back on nintendo's side?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

You'll probably have a much more active discussion if this was in System Wars, only because 90% of people on the Nintendo boards own Nintendo systems. :P

As for what I want from the next console, aside from more innovative GOTYs, I would gladly appreciate a proper unified eShop for VC games, unified friends list for both handheld and console, a much more convenient way to message my friends, and for Nintendo to construct a console that's incredibly accessible for all developers.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

put this in the general games forum

system wars wont let you post.you need a 500 post minimum...but the general games forum will

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

system wars wont let you post.you need a 500 post minimum...but the general games forum will

Oh wow, I learned something new! :o
500 does seem a bit excessive though, but I digress.

Thanks for the info, KB!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

More games and more interesting hardware.. A unified account system would be a huge plus.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

New games, not re release/remaster.. a *new* Metroid Prime game or a good over the shoulder 3rd person view Metroid game will be sweet. Mario Kart. 3D Mario (something that surpass Galaxy series not that Cat Mario crap), new Xenoblade Chronicles, Bayonetta 3?, new Donkey Kong Country game, new Fire Emblem, Fatal Frame/Project Zero & Zelda,...will be something I look forward to. 1 game that should a get a redo imo could be a Nintendo 3rd person action game - Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii) game ...should make this into a full fledge 3D 3rd person action game.

As other have said have proper unified account...I'd buy digital if Nintendo made it easier by tying stuff to my account..so if something breaks, I can just go back to place of purchase get a replacement..then go home log into my account & redownload my games. After Nintendo's handling of Wii U, I'd say I more cautious..probably won't get it at launch (so I say now) ..& wait it out a little get it later. :P

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I'm skipping Nintendo's hardware in this 8th generation of games and I might get the handheld and console successors of the 3ds and wii u for backwards compatibility purposes....might

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I might skip the WiiU if they don't improve the battery life on their gamepad. I refuse to buy unnecessary products which are overpriced just to improve my gaming experience. If they at least started releasing the gamepad with the 8 hour extended battery already applied into the gamepad, then I would be happy.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MedaFaded
@ttualumni13 said:

More games and more interesting hardware.. A unified account system would be a huge plus.

@ttualumni13: Do you own a PS3, and Vita? Just asking, because I connected my Vita to my PS3, and it was amazing! Having my handle working with my console, very well I might add, all under my PSN account was pretty cool.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MedaFaded
@wiifan001 said:

I'm skipping Nintendo's hardware in this 8th generation of games and I might get the handheld and console successors of the 3ds and wii u for backwards compatibility purposes....might

@wiifan001: I have been so uninterested in Nintendo I didn't even know what a wii U is, but looking it up, and seeing a lot of people talk about it, I might purchase it for my daughters, and for some of the older games, and backwards compatibility also. But I would like to see Nintendo come out with some hits again. I see they are doing a star fox Wii U, and I think another title, so i'm on the edge of might also.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

There's no "what will it take" for me. I'm going to buy one. Xenoblade and Bayonetta demand it. I'm just biding my time.......

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I outlined alot of my thoughts on this subject here and here. However I'll give a few thoughts here...

It would take real modern games. Not another 2D Mario or a 2.5D Mario. A game along the veins of Super Mario Sunshine or Mario Galaxy 2. Not another 2D Donkey Kong Country game but a game along the veins of Donkey Kong 64. A new Star Fox 64 (not just a 3D remake or a Star Fox Assault). A new F-Zero GX. Perhaps a new 1080 or Wave Racer. Heck, pay EA to get someone to make another exclusive Rogue Squadron. I also don't want ones that rely only on motion controls or other "gimmicks" to make them "new". Nintendo understands that 2D Mario games were fun in the 80's and 90's and they're still fun and well designed 2D levels are still interesting (just look at the indie market). But new 3D (non-gimmick-motion-controlled) games are also fun. For the love of God, Nintendo listen to the gamers, and stop rehashing or talking about "quality of life" (whatever that means).

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@medafaded:
At this point, I'm done with Nintendo. The only thing that'd get a Wii U, or their next console in a few years, on my radar is if it can play the DS/3DS games as well as home console games. The lack of external support just buries the Wii U under the avalanche of third party support Microsoft and Sony enjoy for their consoles. Even the first party games aren't as good overall and are fewer in number than those on the X360.

I'll never forget trading in the Wii in 2011 for an X360 and being blown away by quality, scope, graphical fidelity, and variety of games available on the X360. At first, I was a bit sad at not being able to play Timesplitters, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, or Wii Sports Bowling any more. However, it took almost no time to completely forget that the Wii even existed. I'll never forget firing up Gears 1 and being shocked at how much better it looked than any game on the Wii, then being further stunned by the variety of titles available on XBLA versus the Wii we sold to Best Buy. In the end, that was when I fully realized the folly of owning a Nintendo system versus either of the other two. The X360 even had FAR MORE family friendly games than the Wii. Heck, due to most Nintendo first party games being so short, the Wii would've been nearly useless without the aforementioned games my kids and I enjoyed replaying frequently.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MedaFaded

@jasonredemption: @xisiuizado:

Timesplitters, now thats a game that brings back memories. I enjoyed reading your posts. I was the opposite, I started with a 360, and one day got the 3 ring of death (Xbox killer). I sent my only means of entertainment away to be repaired, and had to be subjected to the Wii. I was pretty frustrated people would even consider this a good system because all the things lacking you stated. But I did come across some awesome games, and some horrible games. Metroid prime 3: Corruption amazing! Metroid other m (Horrible) If Nintendo came out with the games that were actually great, and listen to the gamers I think they can make a big change, but thats only if they listen to the fans, and gamers.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Basically the machine has to be powerful (or similar to the competition) and then have a steady supply of games I really want to play that would only be on that system. I think Nintendo will struggle to get me to purchase another one of their home systems (I had a Nintendo 64 and Gamecube and loved both, but skipped the Wii as I really did not like the idea of the Wii Mote). The games just don't come out frequent enough for me to consider getting one as a primary console and as I have the Xbox, the Playstation would be the more viable option for me as a second console. However I have got cold over the idea of buying a second console lately as I feel it did not work out too well last console generation (I played through the Uncharted series, Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid 4, a lot of F1 Championship Edition until Codemasters released their take on the sport, and a little bit of Gran Turismo, essentially not enough for me to justify buying a PS4 to do the same again). I guess time will tell (I say I wont get a PS4 or Wii U, then there will be a price drop and a game I want come out and I will fold and get one or both haha).

But yes, I think Nintendo may have lost me for the home market, but portable wise I am tempted by a 3DS. However the news of the New 3DS has put me off as I don't like the idea of buying the system to find not all games will run because they may make a new version with slightly better hardware. That model works for Apple in fairness, but I feel for a console that is pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable (to me at any rate). This has only come about because I have started playing Phoenix Wright on my DS for the first time in months/years since I last used my DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts
  • $299 price point
  • strong 3rd party support
  • Powerful hardware
  • Gamepad utilized properly
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

The only Nintendo console I've owned is Gamecube, which I loved. But I'm not sure if I'd ever buy another Ninty console... As much as I'd love to play the latest Zelda or Metroid, I just don't think it's enough to warrant a purchase.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Well most console games here sell for roughly around 100$ each, The Wii, Wii U and Nintendo DS games however are roughly 120-140$.

So price plays a important factor and one of the reasons I got 5 Wii games only, Second is that the demographics is primarily younger gamers or families/Party games and thirdly is that while I do think the Wii remote is a nifty little piece that attempts to draw you in more and have you move around, you mostly want to sit around and relax like you can with a ordinary controller. You can buy an addition to put the Wii remote into so it's like a controller but again here the prices comes as a factor.