Nintendo 64 keeps resetting while playing Majora's Mask

This topic is locked from further discussion.

criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

I recently popped in Majora's Mask after several years to play through it again, as I slightly prefer it over Ocarina of Time. Yes, I'm a heretic. But after getting about 5-10 minutes into the game, the system reset all by itself. Confused, I tried to start the file again but it restarted even sooner, while the beginning scene was still going on. Soon it began to reset even as the N64 icon was still on the screen, and it would do this over and over again. I then loaded up my old file, where the game was completed, and ran around for a while. I made it about 5 minutes before it reset.

Anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it?

Big_Daddv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Big_Daddv
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Is it just that game? If you haven't already, you should check and see if the same thing is happening on any other games. If it does, then it might be the system.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

If its just Majora's Mask, then its obviously the game, and you can try and clean the connection with Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work, there isn't much you can do I don't think.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Unfortunately it is not your game (though it could be) If you tried cleaning it and it doesnt work, it could be your console. N64 as they age and get dusty reset sometimes, especially if theres movement. They also turn on but the screen is just black or the red light does not turn on.

criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

Update: Well I unplugged everything on the system and cleaned everything with some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. This picked up some dirt/grime, but not A LOT. It must've done something though, because I plugged everything back in and started the game, and have been playing it for about an hour and a half now. Thanks guys!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well i had this happen on my first copy of turok when it got dirty,

it kept resetting at level 5 ,, -the catacombs ,

once i used a cleaning kit on it , it worked ,

so that could be the problem is your game is defective or dirty ,,

if it happens with every game ur n64 is dirty ,
or jumper pack is dirty or the compartment is dirty ,

it is one of many things you got to keep clean or else it wont work !