Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 AquaMantor
Member since 2004 • 7571 Posts

When I saw Team Ninja was making a game for the DS, I thought that it might be a Ninja Gaiden game, and then criticized myself afterwards for my own insanity. Well, looks like I was right. 

To this day, I believe that Ninja Gaiden is one of the best games ever made and the single best action game I've ever played, but I'm skeptical. I just don't know how this will work, I don't know how an action game like Ninja Gaiden can convert itself over to touch-control without losing its appeal. It seems gimmicky to me. But, I trust Team Ninja, and I believe that this will be an awesome game worthy of its brand name. After all, I was skeptical about the DS, and the Wii, too, and look how those turned out? I think I'm just one of those people who naturally feels that way about anything that might look slightly gimmicky.

However, I do have one serious concern: I noticed that the enemy designs were similar to those in the original Ninja Gaiden. It didn't bother me at first. After all, some of the best game series have had the same basic enemies throughout their entire run. However, then Itagaki ran into the boss room. Now, anyone whose played Ninja Gaiden...wait, scratch that...anyone skilled enough to get about half way through Ninja Gaiden can tell you that they recognize that boss. It looks and moves exactly the same, and it takes the exact same strategy to kill it.

And this is where I say something that I should have said when Ninja Gaiden Sigma was announced:

Why can't Team Ninja just come up with a NEW game? Why do they have to dwell on their one amazing release like this. I admit, Ninja Gaiden was practically flawless, it was excellent in every way. However, now they're going back to it over and over again. Even in this game, which they claim is original, they have the same music, the same enemies, and the same bosses (odds are that this isn't the only one we'll see that's somewhat familiar). It's just annoying.

Still, this game looks really awesome, and the graphics absolutely shocked me. I'd love to try it.

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts

....Why can't Team Ninja just come up with a NEW game? Why do they have to dwell on their one amazing release like this. I admit, Ninja Gaiden was practically flawless, it was excellent in every way. However, now they're going back to it over and over again. Even in this game, which they claim is original, they have the same music, the same enemies, and the same bosses (odds are that this isn't the only one we'll see that's somewhat familiar). It's just annoying.

Still, this game looks really awesome, and the graphics absolutely shocked me. I'd love to try it.

AquaMantor
Maybe because the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox was experience by such a small audience (remember, Xbox was not at all succesful outside the US) that working an entirely new game from scratch is, simply daunting. Tecmo just wants a large enough audience to experience the game as it was originaly envisioned (story/plot wise at least)
Paul15679

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Paul15679
Member since 2003 • 70 Posts
They are working on a secret project which is rumoured to be NG2. I hope so, because next gen NG with achievements would be amazing