Next big thing in gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cablestein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Cablestein
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

Wii, Halo3... they're here. Big deal.

Other than Spore, Crysis and Rock Band... what is going to be huge in 2008/2009 ?

I would mention Starcraft 2, but that won't be as revolutionary.

Avatar image for HrolfTheStrange
HrolfTheStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HrolfTheStrange
Member since 2006 • 490 Posts
Also bioshock was a big game.
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

Revolutionary? I think Metal Gear Online has the potential to bring something exciting and new to the gaming world; the thought of bringing that whole style of gameplay to a multiplayer environment sounds like it has a lot of potential to be something fantastic; it all depends on how they execute it.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
I'm wondering which genre is going to take over from fps. I think fps are now at it's prime. There's not much to add now. Maybe MMO's?
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
from the looks of it mass effect and assasin's creed are two games that are gonna turn some heads.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

I'm wondering which genre is going to take over from fps. I think fps are now at it's prime. There's not much to add now. Maybe MMO's?11Marcel

I think you're right on with the MMOs. There's a lot of them on the horizon, and the combat is starting to evolve so that player technique will be just as important as having a character with high stats.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Age of Conan and Warhammer Online will be big.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

It's going to take something we all think sounds horrible when looking at it but plays wonderfully when we get our hands on it. In the foreseeable future all I see are the same games with a different title, a few new features, and a few new gimmicks.

Basically we've got a few cavern drips to quench your thirst.

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

I think 2008/09 will see some solid games realized to their full potential. example: MGS4, GT.

But the real future is around the corner...a few years away,. Forget about joysticks and sitting on your ottoman. You'll plug a cable up your nose, a spike into your spine and a diaper on your butt. Full immersion, baby! That's right. Actually using your hands and functional senses is so old-school! Get ready for full brain gaming. You'll need an IV of essential nutrients and someone who loves you enough to change your stink butt...cause you ain't going anywhere buddy! Gotta love gaming! Who needs life when you got total game-on brain feed. I love the future. Now I just gotta convince my girlfriend it's good for me...