New Saints Row Info & Scans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

The latest issue of the german magazine GamePro has a "world exclusive" story about Saints Row 2.

- THQ wants to give Volition enough time to finish the game this time because of GTA IV.
- Each character in the game has full access to the clothing palette. Want a "ghetto-brother" dressed in lingerie? No problem. That's why the character-editor is called "freak generator" internally.
- The game is set 15 years after Saints Row 1, many areas changed. To enter some new areas you have to use a boat or a plane. There will also be a helicopter
- Inspired by fans, the developers want to implement stunts as "mini-achievments", similar to the gaps in Tony Hawk's.
- You have to control your balance while car-surfing with the analog-stick now.
- Co-op mode via Xbox Live or local network.
- You can use other characters as a human shield now. Also you can shoot a pedestrian in the balls, then rubbernecks will gather around that person. This way you can hinder your haunters.
- You can also place limpet mines on cars... or walls... or on the backs of your enemies.
- You can improve your residence, this is shown as artwork in this scan on the upper left.
- The graphics improved a little and there shall be no more pop-ups. Also the weather effects looks "impressive", heat effects, rain etc. When it's raining the pedestrians use umbrellas

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Nice to see Volition isn't throwing in the towel even with GTAIV looming over them. Saints Row was a pretty good game and if there was any GTA style game that could rival GTA it self then it would be Saints Row.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts
i wish there full translations of the article. im really excited for this
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HiResDes

i wish there full translations of the article. im really excited for thisTheShadowLord07

THere are a few people that speak german in this community, so hopefully someone will come in, and provide us with a more thorough summary of the article.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I didn't bother to read the entire article, but based on what I skimmed of the Saint's Row 2 write-up in EGM (the one with SR2 on the cover)one's main character can be a male, female or some combination of the two. Also, it steals the ball shooting gimmick of Scarface.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of the first game, so I don't know whether or not those two features will impress series fans.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
All those features sound pretty rubbish to me.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Well it looks like I'm staying clear of the game. I thought the first was one pretty "meh". I think the whole story not being there and being filled with horrid cheesy dialogue ruined it for me. Also the humor of the game I didn't get. Who was that aimed for? Did anyone besides me think Stillwater was an unmemorable city? I still remember every gta city from 3-SA. I have no idea what they are doing here.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
GTA IV is all I want
CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
Honestly... this looks lame. As if the first wasn't boring enough.
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
It'll have to be something awesome to convince me to spend more money on something similiar to GTA IV.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HiResDes
All I'm going to say is that I do not disagree with the last 3 comments that have been made, but anything I say is pretty biased because I'm a huge fan of the GTA series.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Wow, it even copies GTA with using cartoon like drawing in the mags....LULZ!