Neverwinter Nights question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mealex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mealex
Member since 2005 • 1564 Posts
So I installed the gold edition but theres no voices at all. When I played my friends platinum copy there was alot of voice work did the original and gold not have voice acting? Or is my copy messed up? Because I've reinstalled and patched and its still just text.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
That's quite strange. It depends on the campaign you're playing AND on which characters you're talking to. Not all have voice acting
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Why didn't you buy the platinum edition? I remember doing my research a few years ago because I wanted this game plus the expansions and the Gold version was missing 1 expansion (I think). Anyways, did you do a full install? Running off the CD? Using Vista or XP? Can't offer any suggestions, except vouch that platinum voices work, but offer common suggestions to things you may not considered yet..
Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts

It is supposed to have voice work. Can you hear any sound effects at all?

Check you sound setting both in the game and in Windows. While it is rare, there have been a few times when my sound card was set to mute. I don't know why or how it happens.

Check both you're sound cards volume settings and the volume settings on the Windows control panel.

Check all the volume settings too. Some set-up have indiviual channel settings on top of a master volume.

Bioware's website has a forum board dedicated to Neverwinter Nights. That might be the better place to look of help.

Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts

I know of one sound glitch that seems to occur with NWN1. The audio drivers defaulted by NWN may not be the best; go into the advanced audio settings and (literally) try all the ones there. DirectSound Software usually tends to be a quick fix for most people, but you really never know. Some audio drivers make it so that

1) no sound plays

2) no music plays

3) no voiceover plays

4) no ambience plays

5) no SFX plays

6) everything plays

so really; tinker a little bit

Hope this helps