Need for speed prostreet = worst online community ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tom_woolley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tom_woolley
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
this game has to have the worst online community ever everybody cheats they spend more time off the road then on and when im trying to drive normally they just hit me off the track for no reason
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Try Saints Row. You might feel differently.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
What do you expect? It's an arcade racer. Nobody plays by the rules online. It's always a bunch of 10 year olds.
tom_woolley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 tom_woolley
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
it is an arcade racer and i should of known it was going to be crap online but it has really got me worried about simulators like gran turismo
VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
Their is no such thing as a good community online. Anonymity always gives people a consequence free way to treat other people like crap, the way most people secretly wish they could do in real life. We're a completely rotten species, us humans. We will kill each other off.
GulliverJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 GulliverJr
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts

This is a disappointing outlook on online gaming. While I, too have often been disappointed by the average cretin that inhabits XBox Live, the PSN, or any other service, I have endeavored to find ways around it when feasible.

One way is by slowly building a decent group of comrades to play with and then set up private rooms. XBL's means of seeing your friend's friends list I think lends itself to this method. In a night of playing PGR3 or 4, I may only find one or two people who are decent racers and have some ethos about playing competitively, but over the course of 4 or 5 weeks, I eventually find enough of a group to have a room full of eight people and lock it down to just the guys whom I know will race honorably (or at least apologize, or let you by if they mistakenly take you out).

Another way is using a PC-based portal to the online community to find peope worth playing with. I have trolled the XBL forums and either started or searched for threads of people looking for non-cheaters to play with. Or googled for online gaming clubs (I recently joined Casual Adult Gamers) who have an ethos similar to my own.

While it is very easy to have a horrible online gaming experience by just jumping online and entering a quick-match, by using other tools to improve yor matchmaking, I think you can find a better method of hooking up with decent gamers.

- Vr/Gull.