My Top 10 Games of 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sithkid135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 8

Edited By sithkid135
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

This list contains every game I have played this year. This list ranges from my least favorite all the way to my favorite. Please note that I have not played every game this year. If a game you enjoyed this year isn't on my list, it means I have not played it.

10) Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I have never played any other Metal Gear game before. Playing this one was a jarring experience for me in which even after hours of reading back lore, I still had no idea what was going on. It is fun to be sure, but I never had the desire to play it again.

9) EA Sports UFC. This game was a blast at first. Then after a couple of hours, I realized that the game's best moments had already passed. It is a shallow experience and is ultimately boring.

8 ) Assassin's Creed Unity. So much potential was waisted. This is by far the most disappointing game of the year for me. I hope the next entry will be much better.

7) Assassin's Creed Rogue. This game is really a Black Flag 1.5. That being said, there is quite a bit of fun to be had at times. It was far less frustrating to play than Unity.

6) Titanfall. This is a fantastic shooter. It is exciting, fun, varied, and constantly entertaining. It's the kind of game you tell stories about your experience with friends. Sure, it's not perfect, but there is plenty of fun to be had. I greatly enjoyed this game.

5) Watch Dogs. Although the game has its faults, this game is still a good start to a new IP. It made me excited for a sequel which I am hoping will fix all the mistakes of the first game. It was a joy to be move about the city, raise havoc with the touch of your phone and complete side missions. I look forward to hearing about a sequel.

4) Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It is great to return to Halo. I am a Halo fan who actually never played Halo 1 through 3. This was a great chance for me to experience the original trilogy in all of its glory. It is a very enjoyable experience even with all of its technical issues.

3) Destiny. This is a very flawed game. I gave it a low score of 6/10 because that's the score it deserved. However, it is an addicting game. Despite all the issues with it, I still kept playing it. I just kept going and going no matter how shallow the game was. This is because it is a fun game. The shooting mechanics are great and the progression system is enjoyable despite how shallow it may be. I really hope they continue to make improvements to it.

2) Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Wow, this game was good. The game's introduction of the Nemesis system is truly next-gen and will likely have a great impact on games in the future. The nemesis system provides so much re-playability with you being able to create your own stories in Mordor. I had numerous conversations with friends where we were sharing our different experiences with the game. Also, the combat is extremely fun with the small addition of challenge making the game feel completely fresh and interesting. This game would not be nearly as much fun if it wasn't challenging. I am extremely excited for Monolith to make a sequel. I hope they do.

1) Dragon Age: Inquisition. No one suspects the Dragon Age Inquisition! If you get that reference, then you are awesome. If you didn't, you are still awesome. This game is incredible. Over a hundred hours of gameplay is available and all of it is wonderful. The choices you make, the characters you meet, and the stories you experience are all incredible. Yes, the game has its share of technical issues, but that doesn't take away from how great this game is. BioWare truly listened to fan feedback, and it shows in every way.

What were your favorite games of the year? Do you agree with my list? Remember that those are all the new games I've played this year.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Definitely agree about Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Shadow of Mordor. Haven't played the others much except for Titanfall (which was meh to me), but good list nonetheless

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Agree with a couple of them, mainly MCC.

Others I would add are Valiant Hearts, Child of Light & Sunset Overdrive to name a few.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

No Alien isolation?

sithkid135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sithkid135

No Alien Isolation. I didn't play it. New games are fairly expensive. Also, I probably would be horrible at that game. I would be hiding the entire time, most likely.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

Not sure i have played 10 games this year, but here are my favourites ( ps4 )

1. Far cry 4
  2. Walking dead season 1 & 2
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. Fifa 15
  5. Watchdogs
  6. The crew ( not played much of that )

That's pritty much the order of preference,

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#6 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Haven't played many games which came out this year but so far what I've played, Divinity: Original Sin had been the best game. Downloading DA Inquisition right now.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

My top ten this year would be:

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  2. Bayonetta 2
  3. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  4. Titanfall
  5. Mario Kart 8
  6. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  7. Destiny
  8. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  9. Watch Dogs
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

no offense dude, but why is Destiny and Halo: TMCC on your list?

sithkid135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sithkid135

It's quite simple, I played them. These 10 games are the only new games I played for this year. Destiny is higher on the list because, despite its many flaws, I find myself still playing it. It is a strange phenomenon. In my review, I gave Destiny the score it deserved, a 6/10. But I still enjoyed.

Halo MCCC is on the list because I love Halo, but I only played Reach and Halo 4. I had never played the original trilogy before. This was a great chance for me to do so. I really enjoyed it, more so than other games such as AC Unity. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed it. Also, it's one of the few games nowadays that you can play locally with a friend on the couch with.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#10 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I have to tell this was a bad year in gaming , here is my top list :

1. Dragon age inquisition : so much content , good gameplay and story . easily the best of this year

2. Forza Horizon 2 : this one also had so much great content , at least 100 hours . great graphics , beautiful world , great cars and challenges and missions . simply a Perfect racing game for me . loved it !

3. Destiny was a damn nice shooter and very fun with friends . it wasn't anything special . but it was good .

4. Halo MCC , I know its a remaster , but it was great playing all those games again and havning memories back , and when Multiplayer worked well it was a blast . just AMAZING ! and those halo 2 anniversary cutscenes ? Maaan that was awesome !

5. Borderlands the pre sequel . that was fun .

I also played Titanfall , but I didn't like it .

I Will play Shadow of mordor and Divinity Original sin soon .

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

my top 10 1 dragon age inguisition 2 alien isolation 3 ac unity 4 shadow of mordor 5 child of light 6 last of us remastered 7 gtav 8 the walkind dead season 2 9 watch dogs 10 infamous SS

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@sithkid135 said:

5) Watch Dogs. Although the game has its faults, this game is still a good start to a new IP. It made me excited for a sequel which I am hoping will fix all the mistakes of the first game. It was a joy to be move about the city, raise havoc with the touch of your phone and complete side missions. I look forward to hearing about a sequel.

3) Destiny. This is a very flawed game. I gave it a low score of 6/10 because that's the score it deserved. However, it is an addicting game. Despite all the issues with it, I still kept playing it. I just kept going and going no matter how shallow the game was. This is because it is a fun game. The shooting mechanics are great and the progression system is enjoyable despite how shallow it may be. I really hope they continue to make improvements to it.

2) Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Wow, this game was good. The game's introduction of the Nemesis system is truly next-gen and will likely have a great impact on games in the future. The nemesis system provides so much re-playability with you being able to create your own stories in Mordor. I had numerous conversations with friends where we were sharing our different experiences with the game. Also, the combat is extremely fun with the small addition of challenge making the game feel completely fresh and interesting. This game would not be nearly as much fun if it wasn't challenging. I am extremely excited for Monolith to make a sequel. I hope they do.

1) Dragon Age: Inquisition. No one suspects the Dragon Age Inquisition! If you get that reference, then you are awesome. If you didn't, you are still awesome. This game is incredible. Over a hundred hours of gameplay is available and all of it is wonderful. The choices you make, the characters you meet, and the stories you experience are all incredible. Yes, the game has its share of technical issues, but that doesn't take away from how great this game is. BioWare truly listened to fan feedback, and it shows in every way.

What were your favorite games of the year? Do you agree with my list? Remember that those are all the new games I've played this year.

i agree with you on these 4 games

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Pretty decent list TC, my top 10 for 2014 would probably end up being

1. Dragon Age Inquisition
  2. Bayonetta 2