My opinion on what one game to remake

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shozzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shozzi
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

People like old games. The nostalgia factor is huge, and especially if the old game was amazing. This is one of THE biggest reasons for someone to want to remake a game. But for all of you people who are new to gaming and have not had the opportunity to experience a game atleast 10 years old or so, you might not understand. You might think that the only difference is a graphics upgrade. this is not just the case for an old game you want to relive. Sure, the graphics upgrade would run the game faster, and look good enough to help the immersion into a game take effect easier, but there is a much bigger reason. the reason to make your classic video game, you use to know and love, known to the entire world.

If your classic game does get remade, it means that its good enough and will be popular enough to be redistributed into the poplution and next generation of the world. Also, you can take into account, that even more people will have the chance to experience this game, and love it as much as you do. Human, in nature, love to share experiences with one another to spread insight, thusly, growing more intelligent. Such as, a Primal man teaching another man how to make fire, in order to eat the food that was hunted. The only fear of remaking a game would be that the new genreation wouldnt understand it. That they wouldnt feel what you felt while playing it. And this fear grants passivity towards this subject. You do have to take into the fact though, that every generation grows a little more intelligent everytime one comes around as you can see with the competence towards technology becoming easier to younger and younger audiences. They might experience an even greater feeling from the game you used to play as a kid, and even give you new insight from how they think of the game.

Only the best of the best games can even be considered of being remade into a whole new game though. Which is why I state my opinion on what the most worthy candidate is. My opinion is towards "Terranigma" The video game only released in Europe. to those of you who dont know, The story is about reviving an entire world and having a part in expanding all of humans technologies, and finally watching over them as they all take it from there. Essentially, Playing the role of God. Which is quite a powerful feeling. [I wont tell you the twist though, can't spoil anything] Looking back at the game and listening to the music, gives me the greatest nostalgic feeling, as if I was once as powerful as God. This is one reason i want it to be remade. So that I can feel that feeling again. The other reason, is to allow the chance for even more people to feel this way. To experience this game. I had to download an emulator to play this game, but most people in the west side of the world have not played this amazing game, so a remake would be giving half the world a chance to play it :)

Post what video game you think is the most worthy to remake, with a good reason too :P

~gyakaa gyakaa~

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

perhaps do some digging andfind out what the situation could be concerning a remake, then perhaps you may get your wish

shozzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shozzi

perhaps do some digging andfind out what the situation could be concerning a remake, then perhaps you may get your wish

DecadesOfGaming

If what i think you're saying is right, for reeeall and for true? :D this might be the happiest day ever.

If you're talking about the game going out for the Wii Virtual console, then I'm not aaaas thrilled :/ It would only get publicity to Wii fans, and only if they like downloading virtual console games :I I'm just really hoping for it to not just be a virtual console game, but an actual console game, with the trailers and everything :P you know, an entire remake, like 3D Dark Cloud kind of look and feel :P the works.

But if that kind of remake is what you're talking about, for reeeaaal and for truuue? :D

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I meant perhaps do some investigating around on the internet to see if a remake has ever been in the pipeline.. Then perhaps get in touch with the individuals/developers who own the franchise ect, and perhaps email them finding out the situation concerning a remake.

Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Drakan11
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts
I'd love a remake of Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure.
miltpauris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 miltpauris
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

Remake of Vagrant Story would be super awesome. It had one of the kind gameplay, it was dark and moody, lots of things to do. Just imagine, nowadays, it would easily top Demon's Souls.

I dug up an old PS1 game Crash Bash.. damn, they don't make games like that anymore. It was a really good fun. But it seems like everyone's concentrating on online gaming, which sucks, because playing with your friends in real life is so much better...

And then there are classics like Baloon Fight and Battle Tanks. It would be great to improve these classics with some new gameplay mechanics.. Just mindless fun with friends.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts
ChaseHQ----"Let's go Mr Driver!"
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Yeah, I am a huge fan of remakes, they should do more to be honest :). In particular, I have always wanted Tomb Raider II and Resident Evil 2 to be remade :D. Also, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas using the GTAIV engine would be pretty awesome as well! With these games though, I would want them to stay true to the original. An example of this is Tomb Raider II. That would mean that it would have the same levels (no re-imaginings like Anniversary), awesome graphics, the same music/sound effects (also take the sound effects of the level, like the constant dripping and banging in the shipwreck levels) and maybe even throw in the Gold PC add on for Tomb Raider II as unlockables (such as find every secret and unlock the extra game). Some people say that it would be boring if enemies were in the same places at the exact same trigger moments, the secrets being EXACTLY the same and that, but I think that would be amazing. I mean, you would just look forward to certain parts of the game to see how it looks! Imagine experiencing the remakes version of the T-Rex pit in The Great Wall level, or the hidden, giant eel in Living Quarters, the giant spiders and of course, the dragon! it would be so amazing! :D I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Tomb Raider II of all games remade in the future, to be honest.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I want a 3D remake of silent Hill1 Please, Konami! Also it would be cool to have a Resident Evil 3 remake. Never got the chance to play it, or Code Veronica X.

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Mewi
Member since 2006 • 386 Posts

Terranigma I completely forgot I even played that game, let alone beat it LOL But I don't remember it being that great. But Ill revisit it someday.

I personally would like to see a full on remake for xbox 360 of the final fantasy 6 ^^

OH and Legend of Mana with multiplayer live options :3 nothing elaborate and perhaps some achievements and a bonus dungeon ^^

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Resident Evil 2.
The remake of the first game was amazing.

shozzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shozzi

@Ashley_wwe

Well, alot of people buying the remake of tomb raider 2 won't actually be familiar with the old game whatsoever aha. The companies would obviously make it appealing to newer audiences with higher graphic quality and so it probably wouldn't have to have a different story at all i guess :P they can keep the charm and the veteran players will buy it purely because of the nostalgia factor, and new people will buy it, simply because it's a new story to them :] i agree with you on a remake, maybe fix the way the camera moves a little though :P

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

@Ashley_wwe

Well, alot of people buying the remake of tomb raider 2 won't actually be familiar with the old game whatsoever aha. The companies would obviously make it appealing to newer audiences with higher graphic quality and so it probably wouldn't have to have a different story at all i guess :P they can keep the charm and the veteran players will buy it purely because of the nostalgia factor, and new people will buy it, simply because it's a new story to them :] i agree with you on a remake, maybe fix the way the camera moves a little though :P

shozzi

Yeah! good point :). I actually never had any problem with the camera, to be honest with you :P. Actually, the only time that I had a problem with the camera was just the few times the game focuses on parts of the game world, or when boulders start rolling towards you and you can't see where you are going. I think we can both agree on the fact that the shipwreck levels would be very interesting to play, if Anniversary is anything to go by. I say this because all levels on Anniversary in a section were all linked together (within reason, of course) and considering the few levels of the ship consists of it being upside down and all crazy at times, it would be interesting to see how it all works together :P. Also like to find out why The Deck was just completely covered by walls, and the few times you leave the ship to get in the bit of water (to get keys and whatnot) and you can't swim out of a little area... if they did a remake I'd like to be able to actually see the surface of the water from deep down :P. I also can't believe I have forgotten - imagine seeing that giant... yeti/robot thing at the end of Ice Palace in amazing graphics! :lol:.

G_A_T_O_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G_A_T_O_R
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts
How about ANY surfing game....>???? I mean with technology what it is now with all the next gen stuff could you imagine how sick the graphics would be? Have ALL have all the dudes from the ASP on there with lots of customization (from boards, leashes, board shorts, personal (hair, facial hair, etc.)). I mean you could have unlockable sponsors, surf different places (Australia, Hawaii, Canada, NJ, Mexico, etc...). Tie Kelly Slaters name into it (like before) and since it would be the first of its kind in a LONG time I think it would be a HUGE success!
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

As someone else said I had always wanted a remake of Resident Evil 2. It always seems like it MIGHT happen but Capcom always manages to beat around the bush somehow with their spinoff games, teasing us with the Resident Evil 2 themed scenarios and such but not actually giving the fans what they want. :( Like with Darkside Chronicles on the Wii, yeah it was cool to see that old scenario again back in Raccoon City with Leon and Claire, but still it isn't what the true fans of that game are looking for. We want a full blown remake of the original game! I'm not getting my hopes up though but I'd like to see the idea come to life some day if possible.

The other game I want remade is Megaman X4, it was made in 1997 I believe just a year before Resident Evil 2? I could imagine a cleaner, sleeker looking Megaman X4 for the Playstation Network/XBL marketplace in HD. That would be so amazing and hopefully they would keep the original OST and not remix the music :P that was one of my favorite parts about that game besides the gameplay.