My fellow gamers, we are being RIPPED OFF!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JurockDaRock
Member since 2008 • 326 Posts

The Madden series is definitely RIPPING US OFF my fine fellows. I am buying 09, simply because of the lack of games, and its my first Madden game, but it hit me, why are we paying for a brand new Madden game EVERY SINGLE YEAR with very little changes and updated rosters??? All of this could be an annual downloadable content that can cost a lot less, AND, it will cost less for EA since they dont have to make copies of the game on DVDs and stuff and ship em off. ANd it will require less of a development team! They can simply release a game named All Madden, or simply, Madden, and have an optional annual update for new features and rosters for about...lets say 20 to maybe even 30 dollars!!! Who agrees??

Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts

Nobody's forcing you to buy anything...

plus, the Madden games do try to innovate and change things up with every release. A lot of people complain about it being the same old same old, but I've noticed marked differences in games from year to year.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
this goes for every gaming series like Dynasty or other sports games. Not worth buying them again, huge waste of money. Since im not big on sports games myself, can someone tell me why its Madden 09 when its the year 08? every madden released seems to be one year ahead of its self, why is that?
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

Every year the same tread and people still buy it like crazy...it´s your fault,so don´t blame EA for giving you what you buy.They whould be stupid not to do so.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JurockDaRock

this goes for every gaming series like Dynasty or other sports games. Not worth buying them again, huge waste of money. Since im not big on sports games myself, can someone tell me why its Madden 09 when its the year 08? every madden released seems to be one year ahead of its self, why is that?ZenesisX

Madden is the game that popped in my head and stood out the most when it comes to this situation. And thats because it has the roster of next year's season.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JurockDaRock

plus, the Madden games do try to innovate and change things up with every release. A lot of people complain about it being the same old same old, but I've noticed marked differences in games from year to year.

Radiohead85

Imma football fan, its not fair that Madden is my only choice! And the changes are slight, ones that can be easily be updates on xbl!

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="ZenesisX"]this goes for every gaming series like Dynasty or other sports games. Not worth buying them again, huge waste of money. Since im not big on sports games myself, can someone tell me why its Madden 09 when its the year 08? every madden released seems to be one year ahead of its self, why is that?JurockDaRock

Madden is the game that popped in my head and stood out the most when it comes to this situation. And thats because it has the roster of next year's season.

oh i see, thank you
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Stop buying them and they'll stop making them. But they sell. There really isn't any reason for new football games. Hell, I prefer NFL Blitz to Madden. It's much better.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

You are funny, talking about how you are being ripped off and yet are going to buy it anyway. What are you going to do, tell everyone to boycott the series? :lol:

You're right. It could be downloadable content, but they are going to do whatever they figure makes them the most money, and if people are willing to shell out $60 every year just so they can play the same damn game with different names attached, that's what they are going to do. Put your money where your mouth is, and maybe your post won't sound so foolish. If you're one of the people that really has to vicarously pretend to be the current teams badly enough that you're willing to buy the game every year, then it's kind of silly to blame them for doing it that way. It's not like there aren't plenty of other games out there. That said, they probably will do downloadable updates eventually, but I won't be surprised if the cost somehow ends up being similar to buying the game annually now.

Even though I don't really play sports games so much, it does kind of annoy me how much of a lock EA has on sports licenses, but that's a whole other topic.

I'm sorry, but, frankly, it seems rather idiotic to call the price of an unnecessary entertainment product a rip-off and then say that you're going to buy it anyway.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JurockDaRock

You are funny, talking about how you are being ripped off and yet are going to buy it anyway. What are you going to do, tell everyone to boycott the series? :lol:

You're right. It could be downloadable content, but they are going to do whatever they figure makes them the most money, and if people are willing to shell out $60 every year just so they can play the same damn game with different names attached, that's what they are going to do. Put your money where your mouth is, and maybe your post won't sound so foolish. If you're one of the people that really has to vicarously pretend to be the current teams badly enough that you're willing to buy the game every year, then it's kind of silly to blame them for doing it that way. It's not like there aren't plenty of other games out there. That said, they probably will do downloadable updates eventually, but I won't be surprised if the cost somehow ends up being similar to buying the game annually now.

Even though I don't really play sports games so much, it does kind of annoy me how much of a lock EA has on sports licenses, but that's a whole other topic.

I'm sorry, but frankly, it seems rather idiotic to call the price of an unnecessary entertainment product a rip-off and then say that you're going to buy it anyway.

SpaceMoose

This is my first and probably only Madden game Im going to get. So I am not going to be a victim of the Madden trap. And I'm just trying to let people realize this if they havent already. And I said there is sort of a drought of games to play, so I need something new, so Madden it is.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

I'm sorry, but frankly, it seems rather idiotic to call the price of an unnecessary entertainment product a rip-off and then say that you're going to buy it anyway.

JurockDaRock

This is my first and probably only Madden game Im going to get. So I am not going to be a victim of the Madden trap. And I'm just trying to let people realize this if they havent already. And I said there is sort of a drought of games to play, so I need something new, so Madden it is.

But you could buy LAST YEAR'S Madden, which you have stated yourself is almost exactly the same, for around $5 in the near future. There is no such thing as a drought unless you have played every awesome game ever, which I doubt.

Frost47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Frost47
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

Radiohead85

True, you don't really have to buy each new game.

It's just the slighty updated gameplay that keeps you coming back.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

The Madden series is definitely RIPPING US OFF my fine fellows. I am buying 09, simply because of the lack of games, and its my first Madden game, but it hit me, why are we paying for a brand new Madden game EVERY SINGLE YEAR with very little changes and updated rosters??? All of this could be an annual downloadable content that can cost a lot less, AND, it will cost less for EA since they dont have to make copies of the game on DVDs and stuff and ship em off. ANd it will require less of a development team! They can simply release a game named All Madden, or simply, Madden, and have an optional annual update for new features and rosters for about...lets say 20 to maybe even 30 dollars!!! Who agrees??

JurockDaRock

Why don't you just buy an older, cheaper Madden game and play happy?

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JurockDaRock
[QUOTE="JurockDaRock"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

AtomicTangerine

But you could buy LAST YEAR'S Madden, which you have stated yourself is almost exactly the same, for around $5 in the near future. There is no such thing as a drought unless you have played every awesome game ever, which I doubt.

Im talkin for the Wii and the 360! I have every game that is worth getting right now. So Im getting Madden. And I want to play people online too, there wont be as many people on 08 as 09, if any at all.

JurockDaRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JurockDaRock
[QUOTE="JurockDaRock"]

flipin_jackass

I want to play online against people and stuff,and the volume of people would be A LOT less, if any, playing online in the older versions.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
This year's Madden looks like it's going to atone for the sins of many of it's predecessors...
Crystall3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Crystall3d
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
you just need friends... and thats not a bad thing
criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

If we were reallybeing ripped off, I think at least some people would catch on... >_>

But seeing as the sales are outstanding every single year... nahh

blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blacksiteninja
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts
if people keep buying them, then theyll keep making them
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
I think I agree. They could just release a patch every year, that has all of the updates instead of releasing a new game every year. It all makes sense. I can not believe you people would do that. But hay, a lot of people are richer than us poor folk. So I suppose you can afford it, and you can set the game on-top of your thousands of other worthless games, right next to you 360.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flipin_jackass
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"][QUOTE="JurockDaRock"]

JurockDaRock

I want to play online against people and stuff,and the volume of people would be A LOT less, if any, playing online in the older versions.

A lot less perhaps, but I'm sure that's still considerable amount. I guess you would just have to have the mindset that $60 as an annual premium to play with a larger community- which I admit sucks especially if you have X360 and already paying the live fee.

I don't totally disagree with your point though, in fact, I've always wondered the same thing: why not release a patch, or downloadable update etc... but as many said, a lot of people still buy the series, so from the company's perspective, why not make some money off of it (or a lot of money).

Not that

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Contact the NFL and voice your concerns. Otherwise, game on and be happy.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

I felt like I was being ripped off by Activision more than anything else. They came out with a new Tony Hawk every year and the game just lost it's appeal. Too formulaic. They are now doing the same thing to the Guitar Hero series.

I never liked the Madden games since Sega so I haven't been suckered too bad by sports games.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
stop buying the games. you are only making the situation worse by buying the game.
Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
You don't have to buy it if you don't want to.
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Blame yourself for buying into roster updates

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts
What other game is EA capable of making...without Madden they'd have nothing. Which is funny.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I shun sports games.
Except racing, they fall in my "Passable" pile.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flipin_jackass

What other game is EA capable of making...without Madden they'd have nothing. Which is funny.edgewalker16

Well they are the parent company of Maxis, and Sims is known for being well sold. They also have a few good and successful series such as Command and Conquer, Need for Speed, Battlefield.. .etc...

McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
I love me some virtual football, so it's hard to fight the yearly Madden bug. I gave in this year, after buying last year, but not for 06 or 07. I'm not ashamed of that, I'm more dissapointed in the bugs I've found. It's a much less stable game that last year. Now that's a rip.