MultiPlayer gaming - questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Latebloomer9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Latebloomer9
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
Ok, I just started gaming this past January & Luv FPS the most. I could only play older games (up to RE4, Far Cry, Half Life) on my dual core that only had 1 GB RAM. I'm getting a new pc today that can play all the new games - I'm interested in multiplayer gaming but don't know anything about it yet. I had Half Life Orange Box and had to get a Steam acct. but I never did multiplayer. What about the Windows Live? I never had that before but I see it on the newer games. Any tips or info? And how does it work when others play better? I'm pretty good but I'm not great [YET] ;)
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Ok, I just started gaming this past January & Luv FPS the most. I could only play older games (up to RE4, Far Cry, Half Life) on my dual core that only had 1 GB RAM. I'm getting a new pc today that can play all the new games - I'm interested in multiplayer gaming but don't know anything about it yet. I had Half Life Orange Box and had to get a Steam acct. but I never did multiplayer. What about the Windows Live? I never had that before but I see it on the newer games. Any tips or info? And how does it work when others play better? I'm pretty good but I'm not great [YET] ;)Latebloomer9

Well these days Call of Duty 4 is preaty much the most played FPS game out there. Its infantry only, and mostly small scaled.
But dont get that, cuz Call of Duty 6 is comming out very soon so you should just get that. ;D

If you are more into large scale fighting wtih vehicles and aircraft you should get Battlefield 2 (Modern warfare) or 2142 (future warfare), or if you want to wait Battlefield Bad Company 2 is comming out early next year.
Theres also Operation Flashpoint 2 comming out October 6th. Its like BF2 since you got drivable vehicles and stuff but its more realistic (well its seposed to be)

Also since you got the Orange Box try out Team Fortress 2.

But you dont need Games for Windows live. Its preaty meh, and only used on a few games
Most games today use Gamespy for servers, but thats installed automaticaly with evrey game that needs it.

So just get a game you like (Remember, check out the reviews for MP score and browse around Youtube and the games forums or round here for info on MP) and install it.
Also usualy if its available try out the demo, its never hurts to download it and check out if you like the gameplay.
And since your new to gaming aperanty game reviews are a good pointer on what game to get.