Most Underrated game ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tingle-Tuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Tingle-Tuner
Member since 2006 • 980 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/callofcthuludarkcornersoftheearth/index.html?tag=result;title;0

I doubt many people have actually heard of this game let alone played it, but its one of the most epic games ever. I think it kicks the crap out of Halo.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/driving/waveracebluestorm/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Its one of my fav games ever.

esb1118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 esb1118
Member since 2007 • 2661 Posts
Doesn't kick the crap out of Halo but I played it on Xbox and yes it is really awesome
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Some of those esoteric games like Wave Race, Pilotwings, Diddy Kong Racing, Galactic Pinball on VBOY, Wacky Worlds on GEN, Hard Drivin', Duke Nukem 3D - Duke Nukem Forever should have never been positioned as just a gag, Zone of the Enders II: The 2nd Runner, Fight Night Round 3 - if you haven't played a boxing game (Like Riddick Bowe's Boxing [another pick] on the Game Gear which was AWESOME in a long time you're going to be surprised as well as the team's Def Jam Icon), Aladdin 16 Bit was neat, Shenmue, Karate (I think?) on the NES, Gex as stupid as a James Bond gecko can get but he captured some kind of crossover vibe, Tomba treaded some interesting platforming ground as well as Shiny's one with the dude with the control glove, TMNT as stupid as a cookie cutter platformer is in this day and age it was a reasonable capsule besides the missing Leonardo Raphael fight from the movie, Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension on the SNES, Parappa the Rapper even though it was a little difficult for me to understand rhythm games at the time I knew it was special when the guy's master was the onionhead or whatever... totally stupid and cool for it, I would say Wipeout but how about Mag Force Racing on the Dreamcast there is something to be said for the sense of gravity and drop in that game you really have to play it to get where I'm coming from but maybe it has aged like a relic, Landstalker and Beyond Oasis as well as Shining Force for merits in the Action RPG realm, California Games for having the stupidest sport ever created hacky sack footbag whatever included, those 2D first person shooter esque games on the Genesis that were fair clones of Doom, and ofcourse that lame PC dungeon crawler over 10 years back that was 2D and has you start out with your parents dying Star Wars style... it was pretty awful even then
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Parasite Eve 2
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/kirbysairride/index.html?tag=result;title;0

I thought Kirby Air ride was very fun. I still play it from time to time. Sure it had some problems, but it is at least worth a 7 imo.

Frostbyte1120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Frostbyte1120
Member since 2003 • 17118 Posts
Indigo Prophecy came and went pretty silently, but everyone who bought and played through it enjoyed it a lot, myself inclduded.
Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
Culdcept is seriously great gaming. The graphics may not "blow" yer mind, but it is very solid and I will offically take it upon myself to be the Gamespot advocate of this mad-house monopoly/magic:the gathering hybrid! Addictive and challenging...and a heck of a good time.
Freshenizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Freshenizer
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts
Call of Cthulhu was a very good horror game. Unfortunately, the dev team went out of business shortly after it was released.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

Indigo Prophecy came and went pretty silently, but everyone who bought and played through it enjoyed it a lot, myself inclduded.Frostbyte1120

Not everyone. Lots of people complained that the game totally fell apart in the last 1/3rd (which it did).
It went from an awesome, serious murder mystery to a ridiculous sci-fi action movie, and it ruined the game. Also, the game failed to live up to its promise that 'every action has a consequence' - it was completely linear, until the final sequence.

Anyway, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth was great...but the early gameplay videos were much better. I strongly believe that if nothing had gone wrong in production, and Bethesda hadn't bought the game and forced them to redesign it (Headfirst had to basically scrap what they'd done and start again on a more limited X-box friendly engine), it would have been a hell of a lot better.

Call of Cthulhu was a very good horror game. Unfortunately, the dev team went out of business shortly after it was released.Freshenizer

Just before the release, actually. Well, between the Xbox and PC releases, which explains why the PC version didn't feel very polished.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

Super

Mario

Sunshine. o ya i said it, superb game.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

imo these 2 games are realy under rated

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godhand/index.html?tag=result;img;0

http://www.gamespot.com/nes/adventure/downtownnekketsumonogatari/index.html?tag=result;img;1

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Culdcept is seriously great gaming. The graphics may not "blow" yer mind, but it is very solid and I will offically take it upon myself to be the Gamespot advocate of this mad-house monopoly/magic:the gathering hybrid! Addictive and challenging...and a heck of a good time.Joystick_n_hand
Agreed. I have this game myself, and I played it nonstop for quite a while. I should play it again sometime. Culdcept seriously needs online multiplayer.
Avatar image for ColdPizzaKid111
ColdPizzaKid111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 ColdPizzaKid111
Member since 2004 • 1692 Posts

Jet Force Gemini.

Dark Cloud (1 and 2)

NinjaBlade753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 NinjaBlade753
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
I have to say that Okami is my most underrated game ever. Its a shame that never caught on:(
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
Im my opinion the most underated game is dreamfall on xbox.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Max Payne or other Rockstar games that got caught under the shadow of GTA
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

This game is considered one of the best RPG games ever made, for some it's the best....but few have heard of it, or even played it, even among gamers who claim to be fans of Western RPGs:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6135401/index.html

This is another excellent game for PC....but comparisons to GTA3 put it under it's shadow....but many who played the PC version of this game would consider it superior to GTA3 due in part to this game having one of the best storylines out there....luckily a sequel was recently announced, so lets hope it lives up to the quality set by the original:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/mafia/index.html

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Legend of Dragoon and Rfom
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts

Lords of the Realm II - great turn-based rts game from long ago, hard as hell but very rewarding medieval sim.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/lordsoftherealm2/index.html

Ectomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ectomy
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts
...Tomba treaded some interesting platforming ground...Gamertag-TFTW
You get soo many kudos for mentioning that game, my favorite game on the PS1! The sequal was a bit repeditive though (I don't want to go into how annoying your 'sidekick' is), but the original is truely a rarely discovered gem.