Most dissapointing game of the year or didn't meet your expectations?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I'd have to say either Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3. I'm leaning towards BF3 (xbox360) The single player is very short and uninspired, multiplayer while good the maps are way to big for the amount of players in the battlefield. The game felt barebones to me quite honestly.

Uncharted 3 started well halfway through then all of a sudden character interaction is gone in the latter half. The gun combat felt average here, and the controls not as well as U2. It seemed that the devs were in a rush, and you were going through the motions. It felt an uninspired sequel for me.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Skyrim. Yup i said it.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Crysis 2 with out a doubt, other than that this year was great.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I'd have to say either Battlefield 3 or Uncharted 3. I'm leaning towards BF3 (xbox360) The single player is very short and uninspired, multiplayer while good the maps are way to big for the amount of players in the battlefield. The game felt barebones to me quite honestly.

Uncharted 3 started well halfway through then all of a sudden character interaction is gone in the latter half. The gun combat felt average here, and the controls not as well as U2. It seemed that the devs were in a rush, and you were going through the motions. It felt an uninspired sequel for me.

D3s7rUc71oN

Uncharted 3 for sure. It's still a great game, but it could've been so much more. The magic just was NOT there overall, but it did contain some of the most exciteing set-pieces I've seen.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

D3s7rUc71oN

Yup Uncharted 3. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. Though the second half setpieces were phenomenal and i liked the game a lot more on my Crushing run with the new controls. I liked it more and more on my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, but the first playthrough was an exercise in frustration.

In fact, I think ALL of the Sony games this year were disappointing in one way or another apart from LBP2. KZ3's multiplayer just didn't feel polished and the campaign felt rushed. Resistance 3 had a very meh story and a lackluster ending. Infamous 2 was Infamous 2, the magic just wasnt there. Motorstorm Apocalypse had that terrible earthquake delay that killed the online mp for that game IMO.

Of course, I completely skipped Battlefield 3 after playing the cod'fied mp. KZ3 was COd'ified too but at least it made sure campers didnt ruin the game. I wanna mention Portal 2 as well, it wasn;'t the game I wanted it to be and the story was lackluster. Why have you escape in the first game and then magically bring you back in the second game to do the whole thing over again?

^And before anyone flips out, i liked all those games above. I'm just disappointed that they didnt live upto my high expectations. LBP2 and Motorstorm are the only games that exceeded my expectations. Hell, they shattered it.

EDIT: L.A NOIRE! lol i was so disappointed with it that i completely forgot about it! F*** that game!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44453 Posts
I think I'd say Zelda: Skyward Sword even though I haven't played it yet. I will still get the game and likely enjoy it quite a bit but what I've seen and read about it seems that it didn't quite measure up to expectations of what a main Zelda game should be. To be fair though Zelda much like other long-running franchises such as Final Fantasy have built up enormous expectations over time and previous games.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#7 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I'd go with Crysis 2 while the game looked pretty, the story was uninteresting, the levels were linear and well I could forget I've ever played it
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Brink. The laundry list of features and ideas should have come together to be so much more. Instead, we got complete garbage.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

I was a bit dissapointed with UC3 at 1st but only because my expectations were so high. No matter what it did it couldnt give me what UC2 gave me. That aside i found i loved it the second time through. Its one of those games that the 1st playthrough isnt the greatest but it gets better over time. I still prefer the bigger, more epic puzzles of UC 2 though

It has a slow, annoying beginning. Its different but equally as amazing in its own way. The second half of that game is some of the best gaming i've ever experienced

Gears of War 3 is easily the most dissapointing game this year. It was far worse than 2 was. It had no soul, it was cheesy, it tried to make me care for the story & characters but i didnt.

The gameplay & pacing were so terrible. Shoot, move to cover, shoot, move to this area, shoot some more, move over here, oh wait let me guess . . . . ambush, shoot some more. No gameplay variety other than straight cover shooting, rinse & repeat. I was hoping for so much more but it failed in all areas. One of the most boring games i've ever had the pleasure ( or should i say no pleasure) of playing. It should be buried out in the desert with ET

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jbul

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

S0lidSnake

Yup Uncharted 3. For exactly the reasons you mentioned. Though the second half setpieces were phenomenal and i liked the game a lot more on my Crushing run with the new controls. I liked it more and more on my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, but the first playthrough was an exercise in frustration.

In fact, I think ALL of the Sony games this year were disappointing in one way or another apart from LBP2. KZ3's multiplayer just didn't feel polished and the campaign felt rushed. Resistance 3 had a very meh story and a lackluster ending. Infamous 2 was Infamous 2, the magic just wasnt there. Motorstorm Apocalypse had that terrible earthquake delay that killed the online mp for that game IMO.

Of course, I completely skipped Battlefield 3 after playing the cod'fied mp. KZ3 was COd'ified too but at least it made sure campers didnt ruin the game. I wanna mention Portal 2 as well, it wasn;'t the game I wanted it to be and the story was lackluster. Why have you escape in the first game and then magically bring you back in the second game to do the whole thing over again?

^And before anyone flips out, i liked all those games above. I'm just disappointed that they didnt live upto my high expectations. LBP2 and Motorstorm are the only games that exceeded my expectations. Hell, they shattered it.

EDIT: L.A NOIRE! lol i was so disappointed with it that i completely forgot about it! F*** that game!

Glad you said it before I did. Sony's first party games this year are the reason I sold my PS3. All of them disappointed this year, except LPB2, which Ithink is an amazing platformer. Not since God Of War 3 has a Sony exclusive really impressed me, and it was enough for me to hold onto my PS3 for another few years, but I've had enough.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jbul

I think I'd say Zelda: Skyward Sword even though I haven't played it yet. I will still get the game and likely enjoy it quite a bit but what I've seen and read about it seems that it didn't quite measure up to expectations of what a main Zelda game should be. To be fair though Zelda much like other long-running franchises such as Final Fantasy have built up enormous expectations over time and previous games.Archangel3371
Hahaha! C'mon dude, play the damn game before you call it disappointing. You crack me up.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

The Witcher 2:

• Didn't support my headphones or screen aspect ratio at the time.
  • Worse UI than the last game.
  • Combat felt suited for 1v1 with no tricks early on to counter multiple guards without kiting.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I think I'd say Zelda: Skyward Sword even though I haven't played it yet. I will still get the game and likely enjoy it quite a bit but what I've seen and read about it seems that it didn't quite measure up to expectations of what a main Zelda game should be. To be fair though Zelda much like other long-running franchises such as Final Fantasy have built up enormous expectations over time and previous games.Jbul

Hahaha! C'mon dude, play the damn game before you call it disappointing. You crack me up.

Um what? I would have thought that my post was abundantly clear that I'm basing this on what I've seen and read and that I THINK it will be the game of 2012 that did not live up to my expectations. Of course I said I'll play it later so that could change but on what I know of the game as of now that's the one I'm going to pick for the topic of this thread's discussion. How exactly do I crack you up?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Duke Nukem 3D was the most disappointing game of the year. Was a step backwards and made Duke a lesser man than what he was so many years ago. If you want to know more about my opinion on the game, please go here.

Battlefield 3 was also disappointing with its dull, boring campaign. Then again, the BF series aren't known for their single-player, but rather the multiplayer.

Two examples I can think of right now...

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

the witcher 2, between the combat and UI I just couldn't get into what I'm sure was a great game

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I think I'd say Zelda: Skyward Sword even though I haven't played it yet. I will still get the game and likely enjoy it quite a bit but what I've seen and read about it seems that it didn't quite measure up to expectations of what a main Zelda game should be. To be fair though Zelda much like other long-running franchises such as Final Fantasy have built up enormous expectations over time and previous games.Archangel3371

Um what? I would have thought that my post was abundantly clear that I'm basing this on what I've seen and read and that I THINK it will be the game of 2012 that did not live up to my expectations. Of course I said I'll play it later so that could change but on what I know of the game as of now that's the one I'm going to pick for the topic of this thread's discussion. How exactly do I crack you up?

This is the angriest ive seen Angel... i think im a bit aroused.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371
:lol: Yeah I'm pretty pissed off right now. Can't you tell? So back off brotha. :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Metamania

:lol: Yeah I'm pretty pissed off right now. Can't you tell? So back off brotha. :PArchangel3371

I wonder how pissed you would be if I trashed Gears Of War 3? :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]:lol: Yeah I'm pretty pissed off right now. Can't you tell? So back off brotha. :PMetamania

Furious anger or perhaps sympathy for just how wrong you'd likely be. I can't say I'd rightly know at this point. :P
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]:lol: Yeah I'm pretty pissed off right now. Can't you tell? So back off brotha. :PArchangel3371

Furious anger or perhaps sympathy for just how wrong you'd likely be. I can't say I'd rightly know at this point. :P

I would really love to hear why exactly you liked the Gears 3 SP so much. I mean I LOVE Horde mode, and Beast mode, but the SP was repetitive and lackluster compared to Gears 2. Maybe I just got sick of the gunplay after the first two games but I remember Gears 2 having a lot more setpieces.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17685 Posts

For me it'd have to be Deus Ex HR. Didn't think it was a bad game, I was just expecting more.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

S0lidSnake

I would really love to hear why exactly you liked the Gears 3 SP so much. I mean I LOVE Horde mode, and Beast mode, but the SP was repetitive and lackluster compared to Gears 2. Maybe I just got sick of the gunplay after the first two games but I remember Gears 2 having a lot more setpieces.

Perhaps Gears 2 had more setpieces but the boss fights in 3 were better and more challenging especially when comparing the final boss fights in both games. Also 4 player co-op in Arcade mode is simply a whole lot of fun.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371

Not most diappointing but a game that didnt meet my expectations was Zelda. But that is cause I expect every Zelda game to be a 10, to be one of the greatest games ever made and if its not its a letdown. Still an excellent game but its not joining my top ten or anything close.

dvader654
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying to. If you notice I'm purposely not using the word disappointment when saying what I think of Skyward Sword right now because 'not meeting my expectations' is more apt for what my thoughts of are on it because like you said expectations for Zelda games have been huge for some time now.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="dvader654"]

Not most diappointing but a game that didnt meet my expectations was Zelda. But that is cause I expect every Zelda game to be a 10, to be one of the greatest games ever made and if its not its a letdown. Still an excellent game but its not joining my top ten or anything close.

dvader654
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying to. If you notice I'm purposely not using the word disappointment when saying what I think of Skyward Sword right now because 'not meeting my expectations' is more apt for what my thoughts of are on it because like you said expectations for Zelda games have been huge for some time now.

But you haven't played it :P

:lol: Exactly.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]:lol: Yeah I'm pretty pissed off right now. Can't you tell? So back off brotha. :PArchangel3371

In that case, I do not wish to feel your wrath. :P

Gears Of War 3 is a fun game. All the GOW games have their moments, like with GOW 3 for instance...the camaderie and bickering between the allies was downright hysterical and I liked the variety found in it. I didn't like the final boss battle though - that was took a bit too long for my liking. I wonder how bad it is on Insane?

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Gears Of War 3 is a fun game. All the GOW games have their moments, like with GOW 3 for instance...the camaderie and bickering between the allies was downright hysterical and I liked the variety found in it. I didn't like the final boss battle though - that was took a bit too long for my liking. I wonder how bad it is on Insane?

Metamania

It's pretty bad. I mean, me and my cousin restarted around 10 times in co-op hardcore. As soon as the Palace Guards show up, you're pretty much screwed because you'll be trying to save your ammo for the Tempest, but end up having to get them out of the way first. The fact that you get insta-killed by that breath attack just makes the whole thing unnecessarily tedious. I don't think I would have tried Insane alone, since being downed is being dead there. Personally, I just breezed through it in arcade mode thanks to mutators. Mutators=headache eliminator.

On-topic: Killzone 3 was the only title I played this year where I kind of frowned at the end. I liked my time with Killzone 2 more. Still good game, though.

Blazember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 Blazember
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

Skyrim for sure

'Epic battle' against dragon with... 4 guards??

NPC with quest armed with only a knife tries to go after flying dragon, just keeps running against a fence, dragon kills him, quest failed

Endless glitches and exploits

Lame dragon fights, hack and slash with no skill

Annoying inventory and carrying capacity

Not that it's not fun and good still but I just expected much more, not because of all the hype but the reviews, how the hell is this a 9 or GOTY?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
probably LA noire. i liked it overall, as interrogating suspects is exhilarating and LA is deliciously seedy (at least while driving around, but i think thats fitting). its just that team bondi seemed to forget their great gameplay systems for the all important ending.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Tie between LA Noire and Crysis 2.

LA Noire was unbearable to play after 7 hours or so. The more you play the more it grates on your nerves, I think I'd rather type a 20 page essay on the formation of bacteria in birds stomachs than play this game again. This game received a 9.0 on this site :lol: omg thats the best thing I've ever seen. Before it released I had a media blackout on it (what little media existed) and I expected a game that might not have the best core gamepaly, but would introduce deep crime solving scenerios. Condemned did it better...

Crysis 2- The original had great A.I. This game has the worst A.I. in the last 10 years (that I played). Graphics were terrible with that ghosting issue plagueing the visuals. Textures weren't too hot either. Multi was a joke.

Other games I played

Killzone 3- met hype overall. Step back in some SP elements, surprised me with its MP. I still have it!
Uncharted 3- Met hype overall. Same as KZ3 ^ but also did a lot of things better than U2 in SP like the story/setpieces. Pacing isnt as good and I'm biased because Tibet is the best setting ever. MP is wayyy better than U2 (except plunder).

LBP2- Not quite met hype. SP was worse than the original, not nearly as creative. Also it didn't have the staying power of the original which was so revoultionary at the time. Its still a great game but another disappoining aspect was user created levels. Barely anyone took advantage of the altered physics. The one level that did that I played was my favourite level. I still have it and plan on playing some of the millions of levels Carnage linked to but ultimately its a let down.
Deus Ex- Not very far but I enjoyed what I played. So far met hype.

Catherine- No hype but pleasant surprise. Engaging story kept me trucking through the frustrating puzzles. It was a fresh experience.
Infamous 2- didn't meet hype. Overall its a solid game but I feel they didn't build upon the great foundation set with the original. They could have done a lot more interesting things and I wasn't a fan of New Orleans setting. Still have to try the new move controls though.
Skyrim- No verdict yet. I was deeply englufed for the first 35 hours but in an instant, I got burnt out on it. So I'm taking a break and trying to go back in fresh.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

LBP2. But I didn't like the first either so I was foolish to buy the second.. But I blame the Internet and Steven Fry. Everyone was hyping it up and Steven Fry has an awesome story-telling voice.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I have to say Skyrim. There was so much more they could have done to improve on Oblivion and make it glorious, instead it was just adequate. An incredibly high standard of adequate, but still just adequate.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I'd say it's a tie between Gears 3 and Uncharted 3.

Both are fine games, but their campaigns felt appreciably inferior to their predecessors. I think I'd go with Gears being more disappointing because it felt phoned in for the most part, while Uncharted at least tried to correct some of the series' problems by adding more robust puzzles and adventuring elements before remembering halfway through that more than anything, it wanted to be Gears of War.

Like I said, neither game is bad, just not especially memorable. I wasn't all that big a fan of Uncharted to begin with, but I was a bigtime Gears head.... so I'd say that was more disappointing just because of how much I loved the first two games. Perhaps it will grow on me, as I wasn't super-keen on Gears 2 on the first playthrough, but I doubt it. Gears 3's campaign felt like it was made for co-op play, and it ruined the threat of dying, as every time any skill was required I could just charge in and get killed, then revived by invincible teammates.

Also bear in mind that I was pretty selective with what I played this year due to massive time constraints from work and school. I didn't play the usual bowl-fodder like CODXXVVIIII or Generic Shooter With An Angry Dude Who's Been Wronged. If I had, I'd likely have those on the list instead of either of these good games. I just opted not to play many turds this year.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 S0lidSnake

Tie between LA Noire and Crysis 2.

LA Noire was unbearable to play after 7 hours or so. The more you play the more it grates on your nerves, I think I'd rather type a 20 page essay on the formation of bacteria in birds stomachs than play this game again. This game received a 9.0 on this site :lol: omg thats the best thing I've ever seen. Before it released I had a media blackout on it (what little media existed) and I expected a game that might not have the best core gamepaly, but would introduce deep crime solving scenerios. Condemned did it better..

F1Lengend

The game averages 90 on Metacritic so most sites went nuts for it. I bet they saw Rockstar on the box, dropped their pants and bent over immediately.

Whats even more sad is that it is getting best story nominations everywhere. The game had a story? I swear i was just solving puzzle after after for the first 18 hours until Cole does something stupid and that was the first plot related event that ahppened in the game, and even that was the worst thing Ive ever seen. Came out of nowhere.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Rage and Skyrim weren't as good as I was thinking. Yeah that's right.. Skyrim.

Mortos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 Mortos13
Member since 2010 • 304 Posts

Skyrim. Yup i said it.

Ilovegames1992

This. Skyrim is the biggest disappointment in my videogame life.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I think I'd say Zelda: Skyward Sword even though I haven't played it yet. I will still get the game and likely enjoy it quite a bit but what I've seen and read about it seems that it didn't quite measure up to expectations of what a main Zelda game should be. To be fair though Zelda much like other long-running franchises such as Final Fantasy have built up enormous expectations over time and previous games.Archangel3371

Um what? I would have thought that my post was abundantly clear that I'm basing this on what I've seen and read and that I THINK it will be the game of 2012 that did not live up to my expectations. Of course I said I'll play it later so that could change but on what I kInow of the game as of now that's the one I'm going to pick for the topic of this thread's discussion. How exactly do I crack you up?

I have to agree with Solid, this is the sexiest I've seen you! For real though dude, I was just messing with you. If we're going to judge games we havent played, I'll throw Dark Souls out there. It's so disappointing to me because critics say its harder than Demon Souls, and that makes me sad. Total letdown.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70222 Posts

Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword

Uncharted 3

• felt rushed
  • cutscene heavy. Wheter it was in game or not pre-rendered, the number of times you are interrupted is pace breaking. At times it felt like a Push Forward game in which you simply move the character from one cutscene to another.
  • Drake became incredibly super human. Regardless of the situation Drake is fully capable of surviving the impossible "unscathe". This wouldn't be an issue if the game wasn't trying in every other instance to humanize him.
  • levels were overly scripted.
  • too much instances where the gameplay is simply running. Don't waste gamers time running through a distorted dreamy world or running from bugs. Also don't waste an entire chapter with Drake simply walking.
  • aiming and controls felt off
  • implementation of Assassin Creed type gameplay was not needed. This isn't an assassin creed game so don't force gamers to play several instances of person stalking or person hunting.

Skyward Sword

• over indulgence of motion controls to the point of absurdity at times
  • lack of voice acting. Don't have the character do everything else but speak. They grunt, "sing", quasi speak, laugh etc so whats the keep back?
  • recycle, recycle and recycle. The amount of times I replayed, revisited the same areas is simply amazing. And its not the visitation in which you are passing through these areas to get to new areas. No its the replaying of the same area multiple times.
  • Just like the levels bosses were also recycled. Felt like I was playing Devil May Cry
  • Too much useless help. Fi is practically useless. She constantly and adamantly states the obvious
  • The lack of focus or clear ending of quest in the main story. It constantly creates new goals which spur additional goals making the entire execution feel like a neverending fetch quest.
  • Bland, uninteresting and cliche story with equally cliche characters.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Skyrim, they'res something about it I cant put my finger on.
zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

L.A. Noire. It was very disappointing for the amount of hype I had for it. I was also really looking forward to Crysis 2, but I found out that it is just another Call of Duty wannabe.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jbul

L.A. Noire. It was very disappointing for the amount of hype I had for it. I was also really looking forward to Crysis 2, but I found out that it is just another Call of Duty wannabe.

zombehhhhh

How was Crysis 2 similar to CoD? Multiplayer? I agree, its a huge, half-assed rip off in that regard, but the single player (heart of the game) was much different than Call Of Duty.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

Definitely UC3 for me. Don't get me wrong. I still really like this game, but as others have already stated, it felt rushed.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

conduit 2.

i was hoping for a decent fps action game for the wii... waht i got was a bug ridden, awful story, and boring campaign the best thing is the co-op survival mode and thats all i will remember from it.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Rage

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I was a bit dissapointed with Modern Warfare 3. I didn't really have much in terms of expectations, just wanted some more shooting fun to have since I had exhausted Black Ops. More of the same was pretty much what I was after.

So I'm not sure if its that MW3 simply isn't as good of a game, or maybe I'm just tiring of the formula, or maybe I'm just not in the setting to enjoy it as much. Either way, I rarely have that "just one more match!" feel that I've had with past games in the series.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Rage what a piece of crap that was. It really shows how far ID has fallen.

criminalscum87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 criminalscum87
Member since 2011 • 288 Posts

Battlefield 3 for sure. EA hyped it up a ridiculous amount and then it fell way short of what everybody thought it would be. That being said it's still a solid game but just solid nothing more.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Uncharted 3 easily. The SP campaign was nothing like what I expected to be with way too much platforming, cutscenes, bs story and slow pacing. ND caved to the MP bandwagon which seemed to take priority but honestly was not needed. The whole game should have been a DLC expansion pack for U2 instead of a $60 price tag. I've learned my lesson about buying games on release date. Long live youtube walkthroughs.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I can't say that I was really disappointed with the games that came out this year, but I did buy Uncharted 2 in April and it disappointed greatly. Just not my cup of tea... It's my least favourite PS3 game to date