Most Annoying Game Character. Ever.

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

Oh yeah, Raiden. MGS2.

You go from playing the definition of a badass, to playing a whiny, androgynous little douchebag. Just why? Seriously? Its not that Snake got replaced, its that they replaced him with such a pathetic joke of a character.

If they replaced him with someone equally badass, I would've had no problem at all with not playing as Snake.

Avatar image for FoolwithaLancer
FoolwithaLancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 FoolwithaLancer
Member since 2011 • 2020 Posts

Maybe it's just because it's this gen but Final Fantasy XIIIcharacters immediately came to mind... like Snow.

Hmmm, also not a fan of the Gears characters...

Tidus wasn't all that annoying tbh, his English VA was though.

commonfate
You're not a fan of he Gears characters? Blasphemy! Nah, I also disliked Marcus Fenix, His voice was so gruff and he had no charm. I did like Baird and his sarcastic responses though.
spymanspyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 spymanspyman
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Roman Bellic because he is such an idiot
Avatar image for DukeOfCalenders
DukeOfCalenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DukeOfCalenders
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Wow, I forgot about Tidus, that made me laugh my ass off. has anyone seen the gameplay from the FFXIII-2? Hearing a moogle is SO much worse than just reading it say 'kupo'. It is truly cringe-worthy.

DukeOfCalenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 DukeOfCalenders
I agree Raiden sucks too, after I finished the tanker mission I felt like I'd been kicked in the face and spent the rest of the game wondering when I was going to be able to play as snake again. Even in MGS4 he was a whiner... a brooding whiner. the top of his face is the only human part left and he sword fights with his teeth... but still I can't stand the guy. In a game with a 2 hour cut scene for every 20 minutes of gameplay it's hard not to be annoyed by most of the characters.
Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

That Chip guy from Sonic Unleashed.

He's one of the reasons I never finished that game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#108 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Rico, Sev, pretty much the entire cast of Killzone series..
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#109 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Don't know why a lot of people had a problem with Tidus. I thought he was a decent hero in Final Fantasy X.

Vanille, I didn't get to know so well, but she cracked me up with one of her lines early in the game. Too bad I didn't play and finish it.

And someone mentioned Mieu as annoying in Abyss? Hell no! That honor belongs to Luke, who spends a lot of time, in the game, complaining like crazy. Abyss is a good game, but there were times when I wanted to strangle his neck! At least he finally stops whining and becomes the man that he is.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
funny TC mentioned FFXIII because that's right where I was going, though I didn't find them all annoying, just Snow and every time he moaned and groaned about Sarah, and I laughed and applauded when Lightning punched him, like my favorite part of the game
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

And someone mentioned Mieu as annoying in Abyss? Hell no! That honor belongs to Luke, who spends a lot of time, in the game, complaining like crazy. Abyss is a good game, but there were times when I wanted to strangle his neck! At least he finally stops whining and becomes the man that he is.

Metamania

...thank you

But the problem is that that 'maturation' seemed so forced, over simplified, and fake that it was even more annoying to me...made me hate him worse/made him even more intolerable

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
The entire cast of FFX (except Lulu). Also Garrus from Mass Effect. He was just acted and sounded like a whimsy emo teenager trying to be tough.
TheHRchannel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TheHRchannel
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
I'm assuming you took Deal instead of Revenge? XD
wazzmalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 wazzmalo
Member since 2010 • 219 Posts

probably vanille in ffxiii if you played you would understand

redskins26rocs

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#115 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The entire cast of FFX (except Lulu). Also Garrus from Mass Effect. He was just acted and sounded like a whimsy emo teenager trying to be tough.dagreenfish
Gasp! I respect your opinion but I am inclined to disagree.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]And someone mentioned Mieu as annoying in Abyss? Hell no! That honor belongs to Luke, who spends a lot of time, in the game, complaining like crazy. Abyss is a good game, but there were times when I wanted to strangle his neck! At least he finally stops whining and becomes the man that he is.

rawsavon

...thank you

But the problem is that that 'maturation' seemed so forced, over simplified, and fake that it was even more annoying to me...made me hate him worse/made him even more intolerable

No it wasn't. Are you talking about the events that he went through in order for him to mature? Because Luke went through a lot in that game to make him open his eyes a lot more on things than before. You have to remember, he was couped up in that mansion of his for a good long time, so he was pretty limited in his situation.

BigThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BigThor
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Generally all pokemon. LoL.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]And someone mentioned Mieu as annoying in Abyss? Hell no! That honor belongs to Luke, who spends a lot of time, in the game, complaining like crazy. Abyss is a good game, but there were times when I wanted to strangle his neck! At least he finally stops whining and becomes the man that he is.

Metamania

...thank you

No it wasn't. Are you talking about the events that he went through in order for him to mature? Because Luke went through a lot in that game to make him open his eyes a lot more on things than before. You have to remember, he was couped up in that mansion of his for a good long time, so he was pretty limited in his situation.

ROFL
One scene he is an annoying s***...30 min later he is a grown up. LOL

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...thank you

rawsavon

ROFL

Give me an example please. It's been awhile since I played Abyss, because he was quite frankly an immature man for nearly half the game until later on.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

ROFL

Give me an example please. It's been awhile since I played Abyss, because he was quite frankly an immature man for nearly half the game until later on.

That is the point (what you just said).
He was an immature jackass for more than half the game, then magically matures, then acts like an adult.
The events happened over time (like you said).
But the change/switch in attitude happened over 30 min...went from person A to person B over night.
That made the whole thing laughable...even worse than him just being a jackass for the entire game (if they had not had a magical switch). People don't change like that. RPG's are mostly about the cast...especially the lead. Having someone you hate as the lead for most of the game. Then having that lead change over the course of 30 min (as a result of the events of the game) as opposed to a gradual change made the whole mess 10 x worse...annoying now unbelievable lead

doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#121 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

I thought the fat guy from F.E.A.R.

Drosa

^^This.

Grayson Hunt from Bulletstorm also deserves a mention. One of the most unfunny and downright annoying characters I remember being in a video game.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="dagreenfish"]The entire cast of FFX (except Lulu). Also Garrus from Mass Effect. He was just acted and sounded like a whimsy emo teenager trying to be tough.Elann2008
Gasp! I respect your opinion but I am inclined to disagree.

What? You don't like Lulu? :p
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#123 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Rikku. I can't decide whether I disliked her more in FFX or FFX-2.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

The girlfriends from GTA IV, or more on the fact that I couldn't kill them.

I don't know of many people that just get angry and say, "I'm going home!" after getting shot in the face.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#125 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

the whisperd world hero

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#126 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
Can i nominate Yuna and Tidus from FFX and also Roman from GTA4? The voice acting in FFX was just awful and Roman from GTA calling every 5 minutes to hang out made me want to smash the phone.
kerimblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kerimblue13
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

There are a lot of annoying characters in games.

Most recently, in Kinectimals. The stupid flying thing won't shut up!

NOROKVahRiiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 NOROKVahRiiN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Annoying Man from TES IV (adoring fan) "Golly your the best!"
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#129 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I found Abraham Reyes to be pretty bad, as well as Vannille from FFXIII (though her story does somewhat redeem her) and Slippy Toad.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#130 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Im gonna save a few people some trouble

No need to thank me.

Vexx88

Oh my god I rememeber that! Personally I thought FFF was better off WITHOUT voice actors...

I would also say that annoying fairie from Zelda 64 games, that thing got on my nerves. Oh and Rico from Killzone 2/3 is really annoying aswell, he just talks REAL loud and drops an F bomb in every sentence. So annoying!

farslip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 farslip
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts

Marta from Tales of Symphonia 2 comes to mind. The cliche was just so overpowering I took a long break from jrpgs.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#132 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I'm sure there are others that I will remember later, but the first one that comes to mind is Hope from FFXIII. Vanille was VERY annoying in her own right, but Hope had her beat because all that kid did was WHINE. I spent 3/4 of the game listening to him feel sorry himself and wishing that I could reach through the screen and slap him.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
Roman Bellic because he is such an idiotspymanspyman
Wanna go bowling?
DukeOfCalenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DukeOfCalenders

Most of you seem to be going with RPG characters. I actually stopped playing voice-acted RPG's because of FFXIII and will continue to not play them because of the preview I saw for XIII-2 (I don't want to hear 'kupo'). And since anything not on a handheld system has voice acting, I'm just playing my old PSone copy of IX right now. It also has its irritating moments with some of the charcters (Vivi, I'm looking at you... stop crying) I'd be listing characters from every RPG I've ever played if they were all voice acted though. So I'll just be grateful they're not remaking everything I hold dear with terrible voices.

TheHRchannel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheHRchannel
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts
Roman: Niko this is Roman! Let's go and get drunk together! Niko: Roman, I'm nervous about driving a truck full of explosive for Mr. Faustin, he's out of control! Sorry but if I drive and get drunk then I'll definitely blow myself up! Gotta love when Roman calls at the wrong time! :D
cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

Im gonna save a few people some trouble

No need to thank me.

Vexx88

Leave it to the Japansese to absolutely dominate this competition.

But I still think it goes to PYROS in Team Fortress 2