MODs, would you be a lamb and lock the thread?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Nevermind. MODs, please lock the thread. The discussion is over.

As some of you may be aware, there is an email that can be found in Assassin's Creed IV that details "potential settings."

Yes, these were indeed confirmed to be just a collection of fan suggestions that were put in for kind of an Easter Egg, and not actual potential settings.

However, there is more to the modern setting than we realize.

Obviously, the series has always relied on it's settings. And I firmly believe that the modern setting in ACIV is secretly just one huge, enormous clue that was so mischievously placed right under our god-damn noses and most of us probably didn't even see it.

The modern setting in Assassin's Creed IV is in Paris....FRANCE.

Okay, so you didn't need me to tell you that. It was obviously Paris. However...the next part isn;t so obvious......

.....Amidst all the boring-ass characters and stuff, there is a huge clue here.

Why should the Abstergo Entertainment Facility be in Paris? Of all places they could have chose, why there? What, so it just happens that a bunch of fans ask for the a setting in France, and then they set the modern storyline in PARIS? Come on....

This is a clue. They could easily have been hinting that ACV will be set in France, sometime.

Come on! It's right there!

Look at those two idiots in the picture. Staring at you with their dumb eyes. They knew all along.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

French multinational publisher. Makes sense to me, easier to get source material for too. The industrial age/sherlock setting is an important one.

Maybe if they did that, then we could have a little 'Jack the Ripper' lore or overlap, perhaps some steel worker fights and strikes as smokescreens for other events, or any other historical mysteries that occurred during that time period. Maybe some hints at the european business interests behind the american civil war, that National Treasure films touched on.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

This was already discussed on reddit (with better pics) 2 days ago. So no, you didn't find anything.

Not to mention this is pretty much grasping at straws. There is no clue in there. Kind of like how people think adding up numbers somehow unlocks secrets of aliens and government conspiracies. But really, whats the clue you speak of? That fans want it in france? That the modern setting is in france?

Oh and ubisoft is FRENCH company.........so yeah.....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Okay people calm down. Let the professionals handle the setting announcements.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

i'm getting a bit burnt out on ac games.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kevlar101
@Gargus said:

This was already discussed on reddit (with better pics) 2 days ago. So no, you didn't find anything.

I wasn't trying to use "good pics" (though I couldn't find any better.....). What you said is irrelevant. Who says I didn't find anything?

@Gargus said:

Not to mention this is pretty much grasping at straws. There is no clue in there.

Yes, there is.

The modern setting in ACIV is a foreshadowing, hinting at a potential MAIN setting in France in a future AC game.

@Gargus said:

But really, whats the clue you speak of? That fans want it in france? That the modern setting is in france?

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

They are in a French part of Canada, yes.....but that doesn't change the fact that they are CANADIAN.

Saying that they set the ACIV modern setting in France because they are French people living in Canada, is like saying that some movie made in America is set in London because Americans come from England.

Sto_Ln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Sto_Ln
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

Oh no... not Paris. I don't want to play a character that runs away when a fight happens.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

There was a big clue in AC2 suggesting that the franchise would eventually go to the French Revolution. Has to do with something Shaun says before he gets frozen...he doesn't finish his sentence, but he says enough that if you know your history the only thing he could have been referring to is the Declaration of the Rights of Man, which is the key document of that period. The connection is pretty well documented on AC wikis. So a lot of us were thinking that AC3 was going to be set there....we know how that turned out. Maybe they'll get there, someday.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

Actually the 'Abstergo Entertainment' building in the game is in Montreal - the surrounding skyline in AC4 that you can see from the CEO's balcony is that of Montreal (and Mount Royal), Canada... not France at all...

@Kevlar101 said:

As some of you may be aware, there is an email that can be found in Assassin's Creed IV that details "potential settings."

Yes, these were indeed confirmed to be just a collection of fan suggestions that were put in for kind of an Easter Egg, and not actual potential settings.

Obviously, the series has always relied on it's settings. And I firmly believe that the modern setting in ACIV is secretly just one huge, enormous clue that was so mischievously placed right under our god-damn noses and most of us probably didn't even see it.

Okay, so you didn't need me to tell you that. It was obviously Paris. However...the next part isn;t so obvious......

Why should the Abstergo Entertainment Facility be in Paris? Of all places they could have chose, why there? What, so it just happens that a bunch of fans ask for the a setting in France, and then they set the modern storyline in PARIS? Come on....

This is a clue. They could easily have been hinting that ACV will be set in France, sometime.

Look at those two idiots in the picture. Staring at you with their dumb eyes. They knew all along.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kevlar101

@67gt500 said:

Actually the 'Abstergo Entertainment' building in the game is in Montreal - the surrounding skyline in AC4 that you can see from the CEO's balcony is that of Montreal (and Mount Royal), Canada... not France at all...

@Kevlar101 said:

AHA!

Okay look, I know you probably think i'm bullshitting you, but hear me out...

.....I always had my suspicions, but I eventually just settled on the idea that it was Paris.

Whenever they were on the balcony overlooking the city, I kept looking for the Eiffel Tower....never saw it, but just figured it was out of view.

I was always suspicious!!!!

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:
@Gargus said:

I wasn't trying to use "good pics" (though I couldn't find any better.....). What you said is irrelevant. Who says I didn't find anything?

@Gargus said:

Not to mention this is pretty much grasping at straws. There is no clue in there.

Yes, there is.

The modern setting in ACIV is a foreshadowing, hinting at a potential MAIN setting in France in a future AC game.

@Gargus said:

But really, whats the clue you speak of? That fans want it in france? That the modern setting is in france?

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

They are in a French part of Canada, yes.....but that doesn't change the fact that they are CANADIAN.

Saying that they set the ACIV modern setting in France because they are French people living in Canada, is like saying that some movie made in America is set in London because Americans come from England.

Nope. They are in fact, French. Their HQ is in Montreuil-sous-Bois, France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft

In March 1986, the five brothers of the Guillemot family founded Ubisoft as a computer game publisher in Carentoir, a small village located in the Morbihan department of the Brittany region, in France.[7] Yves Guillemot soon made deals with Electronic Arts, Sierra On-Line, and MicroProse to distribute their games in France. By the end of the decade, Ubisoft began expanding to other markets, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kevlar101

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:
@Gargus said:

@Gargus said:

Yes, there is.

@Gargus said:

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

In March 1986, the five brothers of the Guillemot family founded Ubisoft as a computer game publisher in Carentoir, a small village located in the Morbihan department of the Brittany region, in France.[7] Yves Guillemot soon made deals with Electronic Arts, Sierra On-Line, and MicroProse to distribute their games in France. By the end of the decade, Ubisoft began expanding to other markets, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany.

But the devs of AC are Ubisoft Montreal....

......so there.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lhomity

@Kevlar101 said:

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:
@Gargus said:

@Gargus said:

Yes, there is.

@Gargus said:

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

......so there.

That's right. Ubisoft Montreal is in Canada.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kevlar101

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:
@Gargus said:

@Gargus said:

Yes, there is.

@Gargus said:

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

......so there.

Obviously! Because Montreal is in Canada!

That's all that I have been trying to say! The devs of AC are Canadian, because Ubi Montreal is in CANADA.

It should go without saying, and yet somehow there is a problem here....

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lhomity

@Kevlar101 said:

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Lhomity said:

@Kevlar101 said:
@Gargus said:

@Gargus said:

Yes, there is.

@Gargus said:

Redundant questions.

@Gargus said:

Canadian.

......so there.

Obviously! Because Montreal is in Canada!

That's all that I have been trying to say! The devs of AC are Canadian, because Ubi Montreal is in CANADA.

It should go without saying, and yet somehow there is a problem here....

We're getting off-topic here. I only intended to correct the comment that was made earlier claiming Ubisoft was a Canadian company.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Thread locked as per TC request.

In the future, if you want to discuss the potential locations of a possible future entry to the Assassins Creed series then do so but perhaps have it as a question to allow others to suggest where they want or think it will be. Thanks.