Microsoft lied to the consumers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well as we know Microsoft said that you would only need the internet for the Day One patch. Well that's fine and I'm in agreement with that so I purchased the Xbone even though I already didn't want Kinect. So than I pick up Forza 5 thinking ok download Day One patch and than I will start gaming. Well than I find out that I not only do I have to have the internet to download and install an update but it's the largest update that I have ever seen even as far as PC games. 6GB to be exact. So my question is are all of the games like this as far as updates? Because it would not allow me to play the game without the update.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The patch was not for the game, it was to make the Xbone not suck, by removing all the DRM and the always online crap. "Remove" as in "postpone"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I'm guessing that this patch was to allow the game to be played offline because it was likely finalised to rely heavily on the cloud prior to the Xbox One's 180. I'm not sure about the other launch titles but given the timeframe of the turnaround for the online requirement it's likely that they may need patches as well. Of course this won't be an issue with games going forward though.

RockZillaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By RockZillaX
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

Ah Archangel 13371 ..ok.. well after the system day one patch for Forza 5 I had to also download some massive file to play it.. I guess that makes sense that games may also need to be updated to remove past DRM polices and rewrite the rules

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RimacBugatti

I hope so! Does Dead Rising 3 require any downloading?

MaryAnnBugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaryAnnBugg
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

Ryse and CoD: Ghosts both required a 1GB+ download before I could start playing. I can't remember the exact figures though sorry.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#7 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Honestly I don't see how anyone would want to support the Xbox after everything that's happened. Even if they finally made a true Banjo Kazooie sequel, I wouldn't want it. Plus I could see them making it into a festival of microtransactions and day one DLC.

The whole reason I preferred console gaming over PC gaming, at least once upon a time was because consoles didn't have to deal with updates, patches, and installs. But now the consoles behave so much like PCs I really have thrown my hands up in disgust passing on both the PS4 and Xbox One.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@kbaily said:

Honestly I don't see how anyone would want to support the Xbox after everything that's happened.

It has games I want to play. It really is that simple.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@Randolph said:

@kbaily said:

Honestly I don't see how anyone would want to support the Xbox after everything that's happened.

It has games I want to play. It really is that simple.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The only real problem I had with the X1 launch was the 24 hour check in nonsense. With that gone, it's all up to the library of games and I have been having a lot of fun with them so far. I'm eager to get my PS4 hooked up as well, but my big Playstation games don't drop until next year anyway so I'm not in as big of a hurry to have that one since inFamous: Second Son and Destiny are March (or later) releases.

But come Christmas, I'll be sailing and pirating and Killing some Zones just the same.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@kbaily: For the games. The internet and technology has advanced to the point where it only makes sense to have pretty much everything connected online including consoles. The are numerous benefits to allowing for updates, installs, and patches. It would be pointless for consoles to stay back in the stone-age so to speak.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RimacBugatti

Well I built a ridiculously expensive rig last year which I wont do again. I decided I like console gaming better because like you said no downloading and installs and patches. Plus I cant play my PC games if my internet is down. That's not cool since I paid to play them. Atleast with the consoles we can play without the internet once we install the initial patch or whatever. But overall having to install anything is crap. I purchased both Xbone and PS4 because of the exclusives but performance wise I'm not overly impressed with Xbone. I think I will be more impressed with PS4 but I wont know until Christmas. The Xbone is really slow and it makes some ridiculous noise. Visually it doesn't look next gen as far as the games. The console looks cool but looking isn't good enough. Overall I'm happy with the Xbone but definitely expected more. Forza 5 does run extremely smooth which was impressive but I don't expect most Xbone games to run as smooth.