This topic is locked from further discussion.

lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 lil_zelda_dude
Member since 2006 • 1291 Posts

GTA4 got all the 10's but MGS4 is getting 9.5's and even 8s!!!I know these games are really not that comparable, but which do you think really is the better game??

erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts
Dunno. I'm more interested in RE9 vs Halo 6, which do you think will be better?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Dunno. I'm more interested in RE9 vs Halo 6, which do you think will be better?H3LLRaiseR

Little Big Planet 3: Revenge of the Sock Monkeys will beat all of them.

kjaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kjaf
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

Are we really comparing 2 totally differant games. The reason MGS4 got an 8 by some people because its MGS and some people dont like the kind of game MGS is. You have to be extremely patient, it isnt run n gun, you have to be able to withstand long cutscenes. These 2 games are impossible to decide over which one is better. If you like other MGS games then you will like MGS4, if you like other GTA games you will like GTA 4. If these 2 games were both tactical shooters then we can compare, but these games are completely differant.

Second of all, we are comparing MGS by reviews. Noone, besides the press, has even played the game yet so you cant say which one is better till you even play it (and even then like I have said before they are not comparable in any way).

IMPO I woudnt give GTA 4 a 10 because most of the missions imo were kinda repetitive. Go track this guy and kill him, over and over. Also the covering and aiming system, while better than the others, still needed some work. Even though GTA4 got 10s by alot of sites, many fans have expressed the same opionin as me also. Now I cant say anything about the MGS reviews because I havent played it yet.

We have already seen that GTA 4 is selling well, and I am sure MGS4 is going to sell well to, but these games are so far away from each other we can not compare them.

unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts
this is like comparing a dog to a piece of paper. you just cant.
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6 EnigManic
Member since 2008 • 1804 Posts

I agree with kjaf. The reviews are the opinions of someone we know nothing about. It's one thing to discuss a game's features and content prior to its release. But actually judging the quality of the game? I've learned that you can't trust what most critics say. I would have more faitrh in the reviews of other gamers. A lesson has been learned from GTA4. It was given a 10 by several critics and the game sucks.

CureForLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CureForLiving
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts
MGS and GTA are genre defining games, two completely different genres. Someone who likes gta could like mgs but they could also completely hate it. Remember reviewers are human.