Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Caveman13
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Premise

Today I present a challenge to all gamers who believe they are Genius's. I will try to provide all information necessary for the calculation and deduction of Zebes True Gravity.

"What, I'm pretty sure that's already known isn't it like...865.5 times that of earth or some other really big number?" Yes... and no. That would be the gravity of Zebes, if in a vacuum of space, which as we all known isn't the case. Zebes is located in the Solar System FS-176 and using Newton's theories of Gravity(Which i have no understanding of and will not be posting on this thread, unless requested by one of the Geniu's) to even find out Zebes gravity we have to find out the entire solar System's calculations with the little... uh size thing people do in Windows paint.( I will provide pictures of Zebes and the other planets in the star system, as well as the star system itself, just not the size thingy done in windows art... sorry). Sound like a lot of work, well, it is. that's why it's a challenge.

Information

1st things first. 5 screen shots of the Solar system itself. If any more are needed, just ask and i will provide(or if someone else would like to go ahead). Nothing to informative here, just things to help with the windows Paint thing. Now on to the Planets.

Tallon 4

The biggest planet with the most information.

Distance from FS-176: 778,000,000 KM

Size: 13,400 KM (diameter)

mass: 5.1 Trillion teratons

Zebes

Now Zebes, place of the original metroid and Super Metroid(My personal favorite).

Size: 11,700 KM(diameter)

Mass: 4.8 Trillion teratons

2 Moons

Dormine II, Billium, and Twin Tabula

Now these other three, relatively unimportant within the Metroid Universe and with only the mass available.

Dormine II: 2.3 Trillion Teratons

Billium: 3.8 Trillion Teratons

Twin Tabula: 4.1 Trillion Teratons

Now all you have to do is find out the size of the other planets, the distance from FS-176 of all the planets besides Tallon IV, the distance between each other, the size of the sun, the moons, and a couple other things, you'll be able to find the resulting gravity of Zebes and other planets in the Solar system. Impossible, perhaps, but i with a little more information from others(since the metroid wikia likes to slow down on me) and a lot of smarts, i just think it's highly improbable. Good Luck.

P.S. Any other info and/or pictures would be highly appreciated and edited in to the OP.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Gravity, IIRC, is not dependent on total mass so much as it is composition of the planet.

And the Prime games are no longer canon according to Nintendo, so these numbers are no longer applicable to any other games in the franchise.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@caveman13 said:

Today I present a challenge to all gamers who believe they are Genius's.

"Geniuses" or "Genii".

Good luck with the quiz.

-Byshop

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Gravity, IIRC, is not dependent on total mass so much as it is composition of the planet.

And the Prime games are no longer canon according to Nintendo, so these numbers are no longer applicable to any other games in the franchise.

Explain, please.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@-paranorman- said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Explain, please.

The series director Sakamoto has been known to have made a statement regarding the canon status of the three Prime games. He's out to lunch, but we can't argue with those in control.