Mass Effect- Official Thread Of Weird Alien Love (56k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Alright since no one else had the stones to do it...

Time to get geared up for Mass Effect people... Feel free to post any Mass Effect reviews, previews, new junk, weird aliens making weird love pictures... you know what to do, it's another hype-athalon!  I'll kick it off to the best of my abilities.

Boom!

Gamersyde has a wonderful list of videos here, this is the best place to stop off and learn about the game, as they have a little bit of everything.
Here is the E3 2007 trailer.
This vid details the combat in the game.
This one shows off some of the galaxy exploration.

Here is a new ad for the game.

Achievement List
Here are some screens:

Enjoy!
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I want to have a huge galaxy to explore at will and have it be interesting, not just randomized land, I hope every planet is detailed.dvader654

As far as I know, Mass Effect doesn't use procedural generation like Oblivion and Hellgate: London do, it's all good man. :wink:

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed with this thread due to the misleading title. I was expecting some raunchy girl-on-girl action (alien or otherwise) and all I got was some dried up old American football comentator guy. Lame!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rragnaar

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I want to have a huge galaxy to explore at will and have it be interesting, not just randomized land, I hope every planet is detailed.UpInFlames

As far as I know, Mass Effect doesn't use procedural generation like Oblivion and Hellgate: London do, it's all good man. :wink:

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed with this thread due to the misleading title. I was expecting some raunchy girl-on-girl action (alien or otherwise) and all I got was some dried up old American football comentator guy. Lame!

Boom!

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Thread title approved.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I still can't get over how cohesive the outifts, ship designs and characters are. I literally can't wait to play this.

One aside: I just found out that the Collector's Edition of the game will NOT be available through EB brick and mortar locations -- online ONLY. Both weird and lame this is.

EDIT: And LOL at the Madden Effect pic. Nicely done, sir.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
Argh, I'm trying to dig up the shots of the desert planet the turn10 guy posted on neogaf but I keep getting errors while trying to access the site :evil:. Anyway, Mass Effect, WOOOO!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rragnaar
Argh, I'm trying to dig up the shots of the desert planet the turn10 guy posted on neogaf but I keep getting errors while trying to access the site :evil:. Anyway, Mass Effect, WOOOO!inoperativeRS

Yeah GAF has been having '500 Internal Server Error' messages for the last 15 minutes... I got through once, but it didn't look like any big event was causing it.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inoperativeRS

[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]Argh, I'm trying to dig up the shots of the desert planet the turn10 guy posted on neogaf but I keep getting errors while trying to access the site :evil:. Anyway, Mass Effect, WOOOO!rragnaar

Yeah GAF has been having '500 Internal Server Error' messages for the last 15 minutes... I got through once, but it didn't look like any big event was causing it.

Damn, I was hoping for some megaton news :(. "MS buys Nintendo, trades Mario license to Sony in exchange for Phil Harrison", "Bungie announces PS3 exclusive fps puzzle game called 'Teleporters'". Or something like that.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]Argh, I'm trying to dig up the shots of the desert planet the turn10 guy posted on neogaf but I keep getting errors while trying to access the site :evil:. Anyway, Mass Effect, WOOOO!inoperativeRS

Damn, I was hoping for some megaton news :(. "MS buys Nintendo, trades Mario license to Sony in exchange for Phil Harrison", "Bungie announces PS3 exclusive fps puzzle game called 'Teleporters'". Or something like that.

Yeah, there is always this great sense of anticipation when their forums go down.  I love a good GAF meltdown!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rragnaar
Are these the Desert ones you were looking for?

Gorgeous!
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inoperativeRS
Yes, exactly those! The last one is simply amazing, one of the most atmospheric screenshots I've ever seen. Thanks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Hell yes my friend, I absolutely cannot WAIT for Kotor Effect! Bring it!

So what's new, yet another incredible looking game I HAVE to buy this month. Screw X-mas, buy your own gifts! I need games, man. Really though, if this game is on Kotor's level ( best RPG last-gen ) I am all done. Between this and Mario Galaxy I think I'll be floating in space for real.

Glad to hear that Dvader will not have this game soon enough to count it on this year's points. Excellent news. And Shame-us, what's in the Collector's Edition?

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shame-usBlackley

And Shame-us, what's in the Collector's Edition?

EdgecrusherAza

Linkage.

Mainly art books and the like, but I'm so geeked out on this game that I think I may have to buy it. Thing is, the box looks like it's the fat tin that Halo 3 had, and I could totally see myself getting this in the mail with the discs rattling around. I think I'll order it but keep the pre-o on the regular edition just in case.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I think this guy here is a cool design. He looks evil!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

Shame-usBlackley

Linkage.

Mainly art books and the like, but I'm so geeked out on this game that I think I may have to buy it. Thing is, the box looks like it's the fat tin that Halo 3 had, and I could totally see myself getting this in the mail with the discs rattling around. I think I'll order it but keep the pre-o on the regular edition just in case.

Awesome, I'm on it. It IS the fat tin, I can tell. I try to stay away from CE's, but for a game like this I'll grab it, just for the sweet artbooks. BTW, you forced me to buy the Ace Combat bundle, even WITHOUT a 360 right now. Rest assured my flight stick is ready to scorch the skies.

ASK_Story: Yeah he's mean lookin'. And his evil comrades have that braindead, can't think for themselves, hivemind look to them that evil leaders so desperately need in their followers.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

Shame-usBlackley

Linkage.

See...I don't understand why can't they go with the nice Tin containers. Like DMC4 has upcomming. Or the old Halo 2. Even better if you need two disc in it. Lost Planet has the best design I ever seen.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
 Gorgeous!rragnaar
For some reason I keep thinking of Dune when I see this screen. It's so atmospheric! *cries over the pretty sunset* :cry: :P
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44385 Posts
Wowzers this game looks amazing. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this, only 11 more days to go. I definately want to go with the Collector's Edition on this game.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"][QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

Shinoto

Linkage.

See...I don't understand why can't they go with the nice Tin containers. Like DMC4 has upcomming. Or the old Halo 2. Even better if you need two disc in it. Lost Planet has the best design I ever seen.

SC: Chaos Theory CE was pretty awesome too, probably the best design I've seen. Anyways I've just watched a few combat videos and I'm digging the sound quite alot, I'd wish I could take a 2-week vacation from now until Thanksgiving:(. I'm picking up the Collector's aswell.

Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

I really cannot wait for Mass Effect, been looking forward to getting my hands on it and exploring the galaxy in the Normandy for a looooong time, and now it's almost here! woooooooot :D

The only bad thing is that it comes out so close to Assassin's Creed, so AC will get less love initially :(

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

I just finished watching the Mass Effect special on Gamehead and it was pretty cool and has gotten me even more pumped for this game, if that was possible. They had an exclusive trailer shown on the show and was some very cool stuff indeed. This game looks to have an incredible amount of depth and flexibility with what each gamer can expierence given their different approaches to various things in the game. The voice acting sounds top-notch with some quality actors in there, Keith David always sounds cool. Man I can't wait to just simply explore in this game.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rragnaar
I drove clear across town to K-Mart today to see if they were selling the game early, and the kid at the counter was like 'Mass Effect?  Never heard of it...'  It is always funny, because for some reason I always assume regular people know about these 'big' games that are coming out.

Anyway...

Here are some new videos featuring the Adept and Vanguard classes.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
i think this will be a $39.99 well spent :) muahahah
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 D3s7rUc71oN
OXM gave it a 10, this is their 5th game to get that score (Bioshock, CoD4, Halo3,GeoW and FNR3 :roll: ) They said its has the best story in videogame history; Metal Gear Solidwhat? :o
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
OXM gave it a 10, this is their 5th game to get that score (Bioshock, CoD4, Halo3,GeoW and FNR3 :roll: ) They said its has the best story in videogame history; Metal Gear Solidwhat? :oD3s7rUc71oN
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG :shock: This is the goty I have been waiting for. Bioware are the rpg gods of this industry and all you doubters and non believers shall be laid to waste by its sheer magnificent opulent splendor!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

OXM gave it a 10, this is their 5th game to get that score (Bioshock, CoD4, Halo3,GeoW and FNR3 :roll: ) They said its has the best story in videogame history; Metal Gear Solidwhat? :oD3s7rUc71oN

What is up with them handing out all these 10's since 360 came out? I don't think they ever gave even one 10 in the Xbox1 days. I don't think any of them deserve a 10, either, other than possibly Bioshock.

Still good to see Mass Effect score high. Not that its surprising.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 D3s7rUc71oN

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]OXM gave it a 10, this is their 5th game to get that score (Bioshock, CoD4, Halo3,GeoW and FNR3 :roll: ) They said its has the best story in videogame history; Metal Gear Solidwhat? :oEdgecrusherAza

What is up with them handing out all these 10's since 360 came out? I don't think they ever gave even one 10 in the Xbox1 days. I don't think any of them deserve a 10, either, other than possibly Bioshock.

Yeah they've been alittle carried away this year, but out of all those titles except FNR3, half of those have score a 9.5 here and and no less than a 9. I think ME will get the 9.5 here due to the drought of quality RPG's, it better be so it can dethrone SMG for front-runner GOTY status :evil:

Avatar image for Maverick_Chaos1
Maverick_Chaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maverick_Chaos1
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]OXM gave it a 10, this is their 5th game to get that score (Bioshock, CoD4, Halo3,GeoW and FNR3 :roll: ) They said its has the best story in videogame history; Metal Gear Solidwhat? :oEdgecrusherAza

I thought Bioshock was 9 worthy, and Halo 3 10 worthy

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#33 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Rather than repeating all of the amazing goodness that this game hopes to deliver, I want to ask a question about the only real negative aspects any reviews have brought up.

"Buggy AI and targeting".

According to Game Informer, this game has some weird targeting and AI. As far as I know, KOTOR I and II hadt he same problem, as my characters when clicking would merely sit there and do nothing or would get lost. Is this the problem people are talking about or what or is it just suffering from a Halo 3 problem.

In otherwords, a sinusoidal difficulty curve?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Rather than repeating all of the amazing goodness that this game hopes to deliver, I want to ask a question about the only real negative aspects any reviews have brought up.

According to Game Informer, this game has some weird targeting and AI. As far as I know, KOTOR I and II hadt he same problem, as my characters when clicking would merely sit there and do nothing or would get lost. Is this the problem people are talking about or what or is it just suffering from a Halo 3 problem.

SemiMaster

I'm guessing its the same as Kotor's problem. The funny thing is, that glitch used to make me laugh more than anything, so Iwelcome it back in a wierd way.8)

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

EdgecrusherAza

I'm guessing its the same as Kotor's problem. The funny thing is, that glitch used to make me laugh more than anything, so Iwelcome it back in a wierd way.8)

Making lemonade from lemons?

Yea, it wasn't a game breaking issue for me either, just an annoyance that made me have to micromanage more. I'd hope they could fix that problem by now though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Here's me hoping that since EA owns BioWare now that they will release a PC version. *crosses fingers*

This will have to be my replacement for KotOR III seeing as how it is most likely going to be a MMORPG. :(
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shame-usBlackley

This will have to be my replacement for KotOR III seeing as how it is most likely going to be a MMORPG. :(foxhound_fox

Yeah, I try to remain open-minded as much as I can about games and genres, but I simply refuse to play MMOs. Not even the mighty KOTOR will get me to change my stance on this. I find them to too closely resemble a marriage, both in time and money. You have to keep playing to keep your level up with the rest of your clan/guild/what have you, and in order to do that you have to keep renewing the monthly 'scrip in a game that is (usually) designed around making as little progress as possible without losing the player.

I've just no interest in that at all.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SemiMaster

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]
This will have to be my replacement for KotOR III seeing as how it is most likely going to be a MMORPG. :(Shame-usBlackley

Yeah, I try to remain open-minded as much as I can about games and genres, but I simply refuse to play MMOs. Not even the mighty KOTOR will get me to change my stance on this. I find them to too closely resemble a marriage, both in time and money. You have to keep playing to keep your level up with the rest of your clan/guild/what have you, and in order to do that you have to keep renewing the monthly 'scrip in a game that is (usually) designed around making as little progress as possible without losing the player.

I've just no interest in that at all.

MMOs are a job, not a game, you got that right.

However, if KOTOR III had online multiplayer, but not massively multiplayer gameplay, that would be cool, something like Neverwinter Nights, a few people with online Jedi parties would be massive kick ass, but I don't want to see another Star Wars Galaxies like crap.

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
The game should "arrive" to my house by tomorrow. Yes, I know I'm evil.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

It looks like this game received very good scored from EGM, link

EGM Review Scores: 9, 9.5, 9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

HiResDes

So EGM likes Mass slightly more than Drake? This game must rule then.

BTW, could you please post this same message in every thread you can find for each game reviewed. Mario Galaxy should be next. I'd appreciate it.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HiResDes
[QUOTE="HiResDes"]

EdgecrusherAza

BTW, could you please post this same message in every thread you can find for each game reviewed. Mario Galaxy should be next. I'd appreciate it.

Hahaha, jeez sorry if I really did annoy you, and if you were just joking around good stuff... either way, point taken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"][QUOTE="HiResDes"]

HiResDes

Hahaha, jeez sorry if I really did annoy you, and if you were just joking around good stuff... either way, point taken.

LOL no I'm not annoyed. I really did find it hillarious.

I guess they didn't review Mario, wtf? Awesome scores for Fire Emblem though. I'm playing that one right now.

Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Laughlin_12
Member since 2003 • 5928 Posts

I've played this game. :o

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] Gorgeous!selbie
For some reason I keep thinking of Dune when I see this screen. It's so atmospheric! *cries over the pretty sunset* :cry: :P

Haha, if you think that reminds you of Dune wait til you're on that planet and get attacked by a giant sandworm! :)

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HiResDes
ANother video detailing the combat was posted by Eurogamer today
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rragnaar
This thread is surprsingly slow for such a huge game.I wish I had a 360 so I could be going mad hyping this thing, come on the 360 owners this is the masterpiece of the year. This will be the first game I play when I get a 360, cant wait.dvader654

It is odd.  I can't figure it out why no one is really talking about it, including myself.  I am buying this game next week, but for some reason I'm not hyped, I know that will change when I get it home and play it, but right now I have zero hype for the game.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I have been waiting for this all year, so I have hype and love and more hype and an erec..... hype. Yes hype. *shifty eyes* I get paid next Friday, this game comes out next week the stars will be alignment. This is gonna end up being my GOTY I can feel it. To be honest as soon as I get it im dropping every other other game and devouring it, noone is a bigger Bioware fan than me.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="dvader654"]This thread is surprsingly slow for such a huge game.I wish I had a 360 so I could be going mad hyping this thing, come on the 360 owners this is the masterpiece of the year. This will be the first game I play when I get a 360, cant wait.rragnaar

It is odd. I can't figure it out why no one is really talking about it, including myself. I am buying this game next week, but for some reason I'm not hyped, I know that will change when I get it home and play it, but right now I have zero hype for the game.

Yeah I'm definately hyped for this game but I can't really think of anything else to post then what I haven't already.

Oh dear god, they were right, TV and videogames really has killed off my imagination. :cry: