Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Finally annouced for XBL and PSN - out this Summer

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

Well no surprise there after the the widespread rumors and tu4ar.com.

Here's the full news on Kotaku

Capcom officially announced MvC2 for the 360 and PS3 this summer with new visual filters and online matching modes. Developed by Foundation 9 and based on the Deamcast code, the game will cost $15/1,200 MS pts.

Ready to take the ride all over again?

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

this has really just made my day!!!!! CANT WAIT

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
I can't wait for this! :D
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Banjo tooie AND Marvel vs. Capcom both within a day of each other, I am a happy gamer! *Rejoice*
EpsilonZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 EpsilonZX
Member since 2006 • 5503 Posts
This honestly has made me the happiest I ever will be for the next 2 weeks... It gives me motivation to get through my AP History test on May 8... Then again, the demo will kill the studying...
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

thank you capcom, my wish has been granted *bows*

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I thought it was supposed to have some sort of HD graphical upgrade? Judging by this teaser trailer on Marvel's site, it doesn't and is the same game as the Japanese Dreamcast version (Due to the Online play). I'm glad for the people that can now get this game but I'll stick with my original copy now.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Il be buying it :D

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Great news. I'll be getting it
iBustCh33ries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 iBustCh33ries
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This excites me and i dont mean to sound like an ingrate but i still want to see Alpha 3,3rd Strike, and Capcom vs SNK 2 in HD, dont stop now capcom, you just got started rolling with this HD thing, and if you guy over at capcom have Konami's number, tell them to get started on an HD remix of Castlevania SOTN and The entire contra series......am i being to demanding? Me thinks not!

NeoJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeoJoe
Member since 2003 • 514 Posts
Don't want to burst anyones bubble but a PS3 demo is due out April 30, the game is coming out this summer.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
That is awesome news.Now I don't have to spend an arm and a leg to buy it.
CerpinCygnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CerpinCygnus
Member since 2007 • 758 Posts

I thought it was supposed to have some sort of HD graphical upgrade? Judging by this teaser trailer on Marvel's site, it doesn't and is the same game as the Japanese Dreamcast version (Due to the Online play). I'm glad for the people that can now get this game but I'll stick with my original copy now.

nini200

It isn't getting a complete graphical overhaul,but there's an option to make the original DC graphics look smoother.That's good enough for me :)

Anyway,no tedious character unlocking and the inclusion of Ranked and HD Remix-esque Player Matches makes this a definite buy.I just hope XBL is getting the demo on the same day...

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 martialbullet
Don't want to burst anyones bubble but a PS3 demo is due out April 30, the game is coming out this summer.NeoJoe
Oops. my bad, I was rushing. I'll change it right away.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts

Oh hell yeah!!! This is great news. I so can't wait to grab this game. I totally loved it before but now it will be that much better with online play and achievements. Hopefully it gets released soon.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Official news here, for those who dislike Kotaku: http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2009/04/27/wheres_yo_curleh_mustache_yes_mvc2_is_real This is great news, although it was expected. Sucks that they aren't rebalancing the game, but I'm still excited! EDIT: I hope the success of MvC2 leads to MvC3...!!
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Argh... a straight port? Nothing else? Bleh...
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 martialbullet
Argh... a straight port? Nothing else? Bleh...MAILER_DAEMON
But....but....the HD upscaling and online matchmaking modes :o :( Well, still better than forking over 80-100 bucks for a Ps2/Xbox/Dc copy.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#19 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Heh, more demo purchasing!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200

This excites me and i dont mean to sound like an ingrate but i still want to see Alpha 3,3rd Strike, and Capcom vs SNK 2 in HD, dont stop now capcom, you just got started rolling with this HD thing, and if you guy over at capcom have Konami's number, tell them to get started on an HD remix of Castlevania SOTN and The entire contra series......am i being to demanding? Me thinks not!

iBustCh33ries

This is a prime example of why companies DON'T like listening to the fans. Once they do something for the fans, they get greedy.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MAILER_DAEMON
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Argh... a straight port? Nothing else? Bleh...martialbullet
But....but....the HD upscaling and online matchmaking modes :o :( Well, still better than forking over 80-100 bucks for a Ps2/Xbox/Dc copy.

Even if HD Remix didn't have the graphical update, the fact that the game was rebalanced made it completely worthwhile.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#22 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
More info about the graphics filters: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey/blog/2009/04/27/so_now_i_can_talk_about_the_gameits_mahvel_baby
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20973 Posts
Completely and utterly impossible for me to get excited for this. I liked it when it first came out, but it quickly became something I find entirely disinteresting. SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Completely and utterly impossible for me to get excited for this. I liked it when it first came out, but it quickly became something I find entirely disinteresting. SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.DarkCatalyst

But... None of those other games let you pit Mega Man against Wolverine!

That's the big drawI think, you have crazy match ups and super fast, easy to pick up gameplay. I don't think it is meant for crazy fighting fans like yourself, though you and your kind will ensure I see nobody but Magneto online...

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
As a fighting game, it may have mixed reactions. But as fan service and sheer joy of playing as favorite Marvel and Capcom characters, it's AWESOME! It's wort it for that alone, like Brawl. Do you think Brawl would be popular if it had Bubsy, Crash, Aero the Acro-bat, Sly, and Spyro duking it out? Don't think so.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 martialbullet
Even if HD Remix didn't have the graphical update, the fact that the game was rebalanced made it completely worthwhile.MAILER_DAEMON
I guess you could see it like a souped up Xbox Originals. :/ And to think if they were to rebalance this game, how long would that take? 2011?! Actually, I would wait for that, but that time would be better spent on...say...MvC3? [QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"] SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.

Fatal Fury Special on XBLA was good......if there was actually someone you could play online with >_>
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkCatalyst

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Completely and utterly impossible for me to get excited for this. I liked it when it first came out, but it quickly became something I find entirely disinteresting. SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.AtomicTangerine

That's the big drawI think, you have crazy match ups and super fast, easy to pick up gameplay. I don't think it is meant for crazy fighting fans like yourself, though you and your kind will ensure I see nobody but Magneto online...

Well, that's the thing. In that light, MvC2 doesn't pit Mega Man against Wolverine - it pits Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke against...Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. A lot. You might still see the occasional Sentinel, but for the vast majority of matches, it's Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. But no, it won't be "me and my kind" doing it. My left arm is way too banged up by now to even consider playing Marvel, and the injury itself happened while practicing a similar strategy to rushdown Magneto (but easier, actually), in another game. I had to quit Marvel as soon as Sent/BH/Cable stopped being competitive.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.martialbullet
Fatal Fury Special on XBLA was good......if there was actually someone you could play online with >_>

People will be on KOF2002UM and Garou for sure.
Devil_Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Devil_Lady
Member since 2009 • 204 Posts

Hm, I wonder how many people are going to pick Iron Man online...

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkCatalyst

Hm, I wonder how many people are going to pick Iron Man online...

Devil_Lady
I still remember back in 2001 when the Japanese were trying to evangelize him as a top tier threat.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nini200

[QUOTE="martialbullet"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.DarkCatalyst

People will be on KOF2002UM and Garou for sure.

You aren't joking there. I'm going to be all over KOF2002UM, as for Garou, I still have my copy.

SuperSamyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SuperSamyon
Member since 2002 • 2185 Posts

A great annoucement for the fighting game community to be sure. Unfortunately, I can't get too hyped about this because I never could grasp the insanity of MVC2's gameplay. Capcom did the right thing in not redrawing the sprites since that process would have taken years (56 characters... eek!) Its better that they save that for MVC3 and keep this game as a simple downloadable 360 or PS3 game. They did add a few graphic filters though. Check it out:

http://kotaku.com/5230501/marvel-vs-capcom-2-old-graphics-vs-new-graphics

The fighting game community is alive and kicking this year.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

:lol:... The Playstation Blog has an alternate version of the trailer featuring the song 'The Touch'.:lol:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Revealed, Demo Exclusive to PSN!

"You got the touch!

You got the power!..."

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

I cant wait for this game to come out and hear people complain about how broken the game is

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Completely and utterly impossible for me to get excited for this. I liked it when it first came out, but it quickly became something I find entirely disinteresting. SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.DarkCatalyst

Well, that's the thing. In that light, MvC2 doesn't pit Mega Man against Wolverine - it pits Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke against...Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. A lot. You might still see the occasional Sentinel, but for the vast majority of matches, it's Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. But no, it won't be "me and my kind" doing it. My left arm is way too banged up by now to even consider playing Marvel, and the injury itself happened while practicing a similar strategy to rushdown Magneto (but easier, actually), in another game. I had to quit Marvel as soon as Sent/BH/Cable stopped being competitive.

What about Doom and Captain Commando, I thought they were pretty widely used?...I use to play with Cable/Thanos/Psylocke myself, but I noticed that Cable's extremely vulnerable close up especially fighting against the likes of Storm and Psylocke.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarkCatalyst
What about Doom and Captain Commando, I thought they were pretty widely used?...I use to play with Cable/Thanos/Psylocke myself, but I noticed that Cable's extremely vulnerable close up especially fighting against the likes of Storm and Psylocke.HiResDes
Doom was primarily effective with Strider or Sentinel taking point. Brawling was never his strong suit, and he only got more horrendously outgunned by the top three as time went by. Captain Commando was "assist tier" from the start, with his only real relevance being his anti-air assist that quite effectively put a wall in front of your opponent, but relied on the game being in a state where defense remained viable.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 argianas

For what it's worth, Capcom confirmed that there will be no WiiWare version. Seems they only have the rights to distribute this game digitally, not through retail, and the game is larger than the WiiWare size limit.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DarkCatalyst

For what it's worth, Capcom confirmed that there will be no WiiWare version. Seems they only have the rights to distribute this game digitally, not through retail, and the game is larger than the WiiWare size limit.

argianas
By quite a bit, I'm sure. Of course, you remember what happened with Microsoft's limits. In the end, they just couldn't say no to Symphony of the Night and HD Remix...
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MAILER_DAEMON
[QUOTE="argianas"]

DarkCatalyst
By quite a bit, I'm sure. Of course, you remember what happened with Microsoft's limits. In the end, they just couldn't say no to Symphony of the Night and HD Remix...

Even though Nintendo effectively fixed the game storage problem by upgrading to SDHC (32GB so far) and making it so you can choose the game on the SD card, it still plays it via the internal memory due to the slow read speed of an SD card. So, the limit may remain. :(
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts

Sounds good. Cool.

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 argianas

[QUOTE="argianas"]

DarkCatalyst

MS has several gigs of storage to work with. The Wii does not. That's one limit that Nintendo can't really get around.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Completely and utterly impossible for me to get excited for this. I liked it when it first came out, but it quickly became something I find entirely disinteresting. SNK has much better stuff in the XBLA pipeline.DarkCatalyst

Well, that's the thing. In that light, MvC2 doesn't pit Mega Man against Wolverine - it pits Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke against...Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. A lot. You might still see the occasional Sentinel, but for the vast majority of matches, it's Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. .

Like Ken, Ken, and Ken in SFIV with the occasional Sagat, right? LOL! :P

But DC, I think a lot of MvC2 fans are not competitive tourney players so that's why we're pretty stoked about this. But I totally understand where you're coming from. If I was a tournament players and a seriously hardcore MvC2 junkie, than I'd probably feel the same. But since I'm not, like probably most of here, this is a great treat. I say treat because MvC2 to me is more fan service than a serious fighting game. And it's so much fun!

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]

ASK_Story

Well, that's the thing. In that light, MvC2 doesn't pit Mega Man against Wolverine - it pits Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke against...Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. A lot. You might still see the occasional Sentinel, but for the vast majority of matches, it's Magneto, Storm, and Psylocke. .

Like Ken, Ken, and Ken in SFIV, right? LOL!

Except Ken isn't the best character. Magneto is. Basically, if you go up against a good Magneto you need to pick Magneto to beat him. That is what is lame.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

But DC, I think a lot of MvC2 fans are not competitive tourney players so that's why we're pretty stoked about this. But I totally understand where you're coming from. If I was a tournament players and a seriously hardcore MvC2 junkie, than I'd probably feel the same. But since I'm not, like probably most of here, this is a great treat. I say treat because MvC2 to me is more fan service than a serious fighting game. And it's so much fun!

ASK_Story
DC's point is that what the tournament players care about effects everyone, including the ones who just play for fun. Balance is suppose to be a major aspect of design for a fighting game, and MvC2 is simply not a well balanced game at all.

MvC2's main draw, from what I see, is similar to some circles of interest around Smash Bros. - the fan service and nostalgia fused into the game, not the level of quality/balance in the gameplay mechanics.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Skylock00

DC's point is that what the tournament players care about effects everyone, including the ones who just play for fun. Balance is suppose to be a major aspect of design for a fighting game, and MvC2 is simply not a well balanced game at all.

MvC2's main draw, from what I see, is similar to some circles of interest around Smash Bros. - the fan service and nostalgia fused into the game, not the level of quality/balance in the gameplay mechanics.

Yeah, exactly how I feel about the game. I love the characters and seeing anime-**** Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit with Mega Man, Spider-man, Ryu, Ken, and Jill Valentine is a awesome treat for nerds like us! LOL!

Imbalanced or not, it'll still be fun to play with others with our favorite characters. There will be more average players online than top players, so it'll be fun.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

All I know is that a lot of people are going to be pissy when they finally play the game online. You guys think some things are "cheap" in SFIV, wait to you start playing good MvC2 online with good players. Seeing Magneto, Cyclops, Iron Man, etc. dishing out infinites is going to make many of you guys not play it online for very long.

That's the one thing bad about online play. When the competitive community starts to reel itself into the equation, casuals start to feel a bit uneasy. I personally can handle this because I play fighters competitively but I doubt many people here can say the same. On a similar note, this is exactly the reason why I stopped playing MKDS online. Snaking ruined the game for me because I all I wanted was to play the game casually online.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Imbalanced or not, it'll still be fun to play with others with our favorite characters. There will be more average players online than top players, so it'll be fun.

ASK_Story
That doesn't quite counter what I'm saying, though. Part of the point is that imbalance causes a situation where the top players are only going to play one way, and eventually, other people are going to notice that, and in order to keep up with the ranked matches, chances are they're going to fall suit, which results in a very small portion of the game being used.

There are other points that come into play, and just because there's a bit of an nostalgia kick from some of the characters, one shouldn't ignore other aspects of the game, because it effects a lot of stuff, and really, as cool as it is to see some of those characters, it'd be better if they were equally balanced, so one could play as any of them, and not have some built in advantage/disadvantage that is inherent to the characters.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 martialbullet

Wow, I finally remembered why I lost interest in the arcades. Damn locals in the arcades and their damn Storms. They're friggin' douches for having the nerve to point who I should actually choose! :lol: It's all coming back to me.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Never played MvC2 (I figured any game with such a massive roster would be wildly unbalanced) but if I enjoy the demo, I'll have no problem paying $15 for it.