Lost Planet Vs. Gamestop - Help Please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Final_Crusade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Final_Crusade
Member since 2003 • 3117 Posts

So I bought a used copy of Lost Planet Colonies Edition from Gamestop today.
It was the only one used amongst the used copies of the standard version of the game.
Anyway, when I get home, I look at the disc, and it doesnt say colonies edition on it anywhere.
The published date on the disc says 2006, but the date on the casing says 2008.
I cant check it on my 360 beacuse it's giving me the Red Ring of Death right now.

My question is: Can anyone tell me if I have the wrong disc?
Does the Colonies Edition say so on the disc, or did Capcom stamp the same imagery on all Lost Plane versions?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Yeah, I think you got the regular version. The Colonies Edition should also have the "Platinum Hits" on the top along with the Colonies Edition on the bottom. You should take it back to Gamestop and exchange it. They'll let you do it within 7 days. You can go to any Gamestop too. Just make sure to do it within 7 days.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I just can't get over how many people walk out of the store with used/unsealed games without even bothering to look in the box and check the disk. I always check the bottom of the disk to make sure there are no scratches, and aside from that it's good to make sure they put the right game in the box.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
Yeah, I have Colonies edition. You got the wrong disk. It says Platinum hits on top and Colonies Edition on the bottom part of the disk.
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

Colonies and the original are different SKUs at the store and are different prices. Unless yours was marked as a regular Lost Planet and someone was just lazy and used that box because it had artwork, then you should have gotten the Colonies edition disc (which is selling for $26.99 if I remember correctly). Honestly it was probably a mistake. Just take it back with the receipt and you should get it sorted out.

P.S.
I work at GameStop :P