Lol. Video game experts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/bbc-video-games-expert-says-nintendo-will-probably-abandon-wii-u-fairly-soon/

How many of these types have we seen lately?? I dare say most of you are more experts than this guy. And these types actually make money for a living??

I mean what do they do all day anyways?? Wii-U is finished according to this "analyst".

I actually respect video gamers who earn money playing video games, so this has nothing to do with that. But this analyst will probably get payed because he's "guessing" the Wii-U is finished.

So many people have said that before. But it only takes one time to get lucky. By that I mean, if I say oh........ The Wii-U is finished everyday for the next year, I assume there will be one day where I will be right.

I don't understand this profession.

Avatar image for popeanonymousxv
PopeAnonymousXV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 PopeAnonymousXV
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

It's dead in the water at this point anyway. I can think of several ways they could salvage it enough to at least make it last a while longer, starting with making the hard choices needed to make it a good value. Right now, the piss poor game support, hardware, and $299 price tag just make it the hands down worse deal on the market.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

@popeanonymousxv: I completely agree. But what is a video game expert anyways?? And why should he make more money than you?? Just asking.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya the amount of knowledge these guys seem to have in general about the topic they are hired to write and report on is often very very lacking. I could do better then most of them and I don't even know that much as this is a hobby. Give me money and I'm sure I'd take the next step up and actually memorize names of companies etc.. Even so right now I could put together in the span of 30 minutes a much better report, with more in depth analysis, and flushed out structure. I could at least do an article with more actual info then what fits on a twitter post, as the one you linked too literally could.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@outworld222 said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/bbc-video-games-expert-says-nintendo-will-probably-abandon-wii-u-fairly-soon/

How many of these types have we seen lately?? I dare say most of you are more experts than this guy. And these types actually make money for a living??

I mean what do they do all day anyways?? Wii-U is finished according to this "analyst".

I actually respect video gamers who earn money playing video games, so this has nothing to do with that. But this analyst will probably get payed because he's "guessing" the Wii-U is finished.

So many people have said that before. But it only takes one time to get lucky. By that I mean, if I say oh........ The Wii-U is finished everyday for the next year, I assume there will be one day where I will be right.

I don't understand this profession.

To be fair, just because he's cited as the BBC's video game expert in an article doesn't mean that that's all he does or that he somehow makes a profession being a "video game expert."

I suppose if there were enough information on that guy available online, someone could probably find out if he actually makes a working salary doing nothing but making dumb-ass speculations about freaking video games.

And hell...maybe you're right. maybe all this dude does is say, "the Wii U is finished" and then the BBC just gives him a good salary for that. But you can't really determine that from the actual article, so I'd avoid flipping out just yet.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

it doesn't take any kind of expert to know nintendo will have to abandon the wii U fairly soon. They released a next gen console with hardware in it weaker then last gen consoles from 2005-2006. If they'd sell a better console that would compete with the ps4 and xone i think people would be happy with that.

The SNES had superior graphics to Segas console back in the day. And even the gamecube had the best graphics of its generation (probably on par with the xbox) and only thing that held it back was the bad controller and limited media format. the wii and wii u have been a waste of time which any serious person skipped.