Lmao! DMC Dante's Original Outfit DLC for $4.00?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Lol, I saw this coming miles away as soon as I saw Devil May Cry was being re-imagined. This is a new low even for Capcom. Hard to believe Capcom is the same dev that made Dragon's Dogma.What's next? The original 'Mega Man Slim Blue Skin' DLC when the new Mega Man finally releases with the obese, bumblebee Mega Man?

I guess Capcom's middle finger to original Dante fans only applies to those not willing to pay extra.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

Pathetic.

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts
What's more pathetic is that people will actually shell out to buy it. What's more stupid, developers releasing rip off dlc or consumers lapping it up?
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

What's more pathetic is that people will actually shell out to buy it. What's more stupid, developers releasing rip off dlc or consumers lapping it up?my_name_is_ron

Reminds me of CoD "dlc".

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

damn that's really harsh and low... was not expecting that seriously

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
$4 for a skin? haha wow.
celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

Lol @ buying digital clothing for even a dollar :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

a

Years later...

Capcom: I was once the learner but now I am the master.

Team Fortress 2: Only a master of evil, Capcom.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

People will still pay up for it, so cleary we have only ourselves to blame.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
Capcom is the Japanese EA when it comes to things like this.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Welcome to the modern videogame industry.
Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

a lot of games charge for additional skins. It doesn't affect gameplay and doesn't diminish the retail product in any way that you feel like you have to purchase it to get the complete DmC experience, so I'm not really seeing the big deal.

Looking forward to the Virgil's Downfall content.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts
Yeah that's some pretty over-priced stuff right there but you know what it's really of no consequence because it's of absolutely no importance to the game at all so I'll have zero reluctance buying the game and passing this up. The funny thing is that I'd bet dollars to donuts that they'd make a lot more money had they charged even half the price.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#16 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Same ol' Good ol' Capcom. :lol:

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

If people really had a problem with DLC it wouldn't have become such a lucrative business model.

that said, lol at the idiots buying this and lol at the people who feel entitled to it.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Jesus. That's annoying that they're even charging for it, but $4?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#19 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It's a matter of importance to people. Ninja Theory knew they were pissing off people when they were reimagining Dante, so they figured if people were really that bothered by the look, they'd pay to get the old look back. "We only have ourselves to blame"? I usually give exploiters at least partial blame.
IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
It's funny that after the recent free RE6 DLC a lot of people believed Capcom had a change of heart...
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Yup, saw this coming from miles away as well. I'd even considered getting one...

...but 4 $ or Euro.....WOW :|

Capcom, the F in their name stands for Fairness.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

It is overpriced to be certain but the full game is excellent and doesn't require this skin to enjoy it so who cares?

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

It is overpriced to be certain but the full game is excellent and doesn't require this skin to enjoy it so who cares?

Grammaton-Cleric
I have to agree. This is a terrible business practice but it shouldn't take away someones enjoyment from the game. The people who really hate how he looks didn't buy the game in the first place.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

it makes me feel highly uncomfortable to think that there might be people walking this planet that, when faced with a choice of all the things you could possibly do with $4, will choose to spend it on re-skinning a video game character. this is a single player game right? i mean i can sort of understand that people want their character to look different in multi player games, but this..

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
:lol: this is capcom saying "now shut up about the goddamn hair."
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#26 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I shouldn't be surprised but for some reason I am...

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grammaton-Cleric

it makes me feel highly uncomfortable to think that there might be people walking this planet that, when faced with a choice of all the things you could possibly do with $4, will choose to spend it on re-skinning a video game character. this is a single player game right? i mean i can sort of understand that people want their character to look different in multi player games, but this..

BLKR4330

Why would that make you highly uncomfortable?

4 bucks is a cheap combo meal at Taco Bell so I hardly think a person who opts to nab this is some sort of money-wasting moron.

Also, as somebody who doesn't do much multiplayer, I'd be more open to buying single-player content than multiplayer.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BLKR4330

[QUOTE="BLKR4330"]

Grammaton-Cleric

4 bucks is a cheap combo meal at Taco Bell so I hardly think a person who opts to nab this is some sort of money-wasting moron.

Also, as somebody who doesn't do much multiplayer, I'd be more open to buying single-player content than multiplayer.

well, because, and please correct me if i'm wrong, it's the same game, the same character, basically the same pixels but in different colours. it makes me feel uncomfortable because i can't imagine what on earth goes on between a player and a game if something like this is significant to them. moreover, significant enough to spend money on. i can't imagine buying this over food and i can't imagine how you can call this "content".

the way i play games and how serious i take them is apparently so far removed from how some other gamers and a large publisher perceive this, that uncomfortable was the friendliest way i could think of to describe how that makes me feel.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#30 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Lol @ buying digital clothing for even a dollar :P

celebate
Exactly... they must make some easy money off of it though, because I've seen several games do this. But in this case it is pretty low, especially the $4 price point.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

[QUOTE="BLKR4330"]

BLKR4330

well, because, and please correct me if i'm wrong, it's the same game, the same character, basically the same pixels but in different colours. it makes me feel uncomfortable because i can't imagine what on earth goes on between a player and a game if something like this is significant to them. moreover, significant enough to spend money on. i can't imagine buying this over food and i can't imagine how you can call this "content".

the way i play games and how serious i take them is apparently so far removed from how some other gamers and a large publisher perceive this, that uncomfortable was the friendliest way i could think of to describe how that makes me feel.

It's a skin, nothing more. I think most character DLC skins are frivolous purchases but given how much some people adore the original design of Dante it isn't hard to imagine people nabbing it. I certainly wouldn't be so bold as to suggest there is something mentally wrong with a person who decided to purchase this skin even though I think the price is ridiculous nor would I care to speculate on the nature of their lives or gaming habits based on an impulse buy.

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BLKR4330

It's a skin, nothing more. I think most character DLC skins are frivolous purchases but given how much some people adore the original design of Dante it isn't hard to imagine people nabbing it. I certainly wouldn't be so bold as to suggest there is something mentally wrong with a person who decided to purchase this skin even though I think the price is ridiculous nor would I care to speculate on the nature of their lives or gaming habits based on an impulse buy.

Grammaton-Cleric

i am somewhat confused by your reply. you seem to be defending this yet bring out terms as money wasting moron and now talk about there being something mentally wrong with a person that buys this, which you would never suggest but still throw in there for some reason. unless you are trying to suggest that these are my qualifications which is not the case, i never mentioned mental capabilities and applied everything i read to myself and my lack of understanding this dlc after trying, hoping that this thread would help me on my way towards doing so.

i also don't like to speculate about people that i do not know. that doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion on this dlc and taking it one step further by suggesting that there might be more important things to spend money on as a character skin, and indirectly raising the question what it really is that you get when you buy this.

Ray1234567891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ray1234567891
Member since 2012 • 38 Posts
I think, mods can solve your problem,
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm playing Dragon's Dogma, another Capcom game. Crap pops up on screen like "Your journey may be made easier by purchasing DLC weapons and equipment" or "If you see a pawn with exotic or rare equipment, it may be from a DLC pack".

Oh for chrissakes :roll:

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Justforvisit

Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-MethodManFTW

That's not the point.

The point is that it is the outfit everyone actually wanted and loved about Dante and instead putting it in the game from the start, no, hey, why not let him look like ugly as possible and THEN sell what everybody wanted instead for money.

+ the price for it is ridicolous high, considering they didn't could have that much work to put an already finished outfit where no creative work or anything was neccessary except from a basic bit of coding to get it into the game.

You get FULL PACKS of Cars, Tracks, Guns, Maps, Levels etc. etc. etc. for other games for maybe 5 , and here you get.....ONE (!!!) Outfit (!!!) that should have been IN the game from the get go!

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

BLKR4330

i am somewhat confused by your reply. you seem to be defending this yet bring out terms as money wasting moron and now talk about there being something mentally wrong with a person that buys this, which you would never suggest but still throw in there for some reason. unless you are trying to suggest that these are my qualifications which is not the case, i never mentioned mental capabilities and applied everything i read to myself and my lack of understanding this dlc after trying, hoping that this thread would help me on my way towards doing so.

i also don't like to speculate about people that i do not know. that doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion on this dlc and taking it one step further by suggesting that there might be more important things to spend money on as a character skin, and indirectly raising the question what it really is that you get when you buy this.

There's really nothing to be confused about. I found your initial statement to be a grossly hyperbolic admonishment of anybody who would opt to buy this DLC, as if such a transgression was indicative of a person's lack of character or was so mystifying a decision that it required some manner of complex analysis or explanation to fully comprehend.

If that wasn't your intention I would urge you to be more selective in your choice of words as those words are the only metric we have for evaluating your meaning and intentions.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#37 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-Justforvisit

That's not the point.

The point is that it is the outfit everyone actually wanted and loved about Dante and instead putting it in the game from the start, no, hey, why not let him look like ugly as possible and THEN sell what everybody wanted instead for money.

+ the price for it is ridicolous high, considering they didn't could have that much work to put an already finished outfit where no creative work or anything was neccessary except from a basic bit of coding to get it into the game.

You get FULL PACKS of Cars, Tracks, Guns, Maps, Levels etc. etc. etc. for other games for maybe 5 , and here you get.....ONE (!!!) Outfit (!!!) that should have been IN the game from the get go!

While most DLC is questionable this entire thing is being blown way out of proportion. The DLC is $4 for three skins, not just one like everyone mentions. Comparatively, this is pretty common. Please show me DLC that only costs $5 yet you get new maps, vehicles, and weapons because I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Besides, this isn't Dante's original look but rather his appearance from DMC3. He has changed with each individual title while possessing white hair and the red trech coat.

[spoiler] You unlock white hair Dante at the end of DMC anyway. [/spoiler]

Thiag09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thiag09
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

used to beat games on hard difficulty to unlock things like that , now you have to buy it ... sad.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-IndianaPwns39

That's not the point.

While most DLC is questionable this entire thing is being blown way out of proportion. The DLC is $4 for three skins, not just one like everyone mentions. Comparatively, this is pretty common. Please show me DLC that only costs $5 yet you get new maps, vehicles, and weapons because I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Besides, this isn't Dante's original look but rather his appearance from DMC3. He has changed with each individual title while possessing white hair and the red trech coat.

See, I didn't even realize that.

4 bucks for three skins isn't that far off the norm in terms of typical DLC pricing.

I agree, this is being blown far out of any reasonable proportion.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grammaton-Cleric

used to beat games on hard difficulty to unlock things like that , now you have to buy it ... sad.

Thiag09

You don't "have" to buy anything.

This is ancillary DLC that isn't even related to the core content, which incidentally is centered on an entire redesign.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-IndianaPwns39

That's not the point.

Ah ok. I wasn't aware of that. That's not so bad then. I probably still won't get it myself because this kind of dlc doesn't interest me, I prefer stuff that has more impact on the game such as map packs or different characters with their own unique move-sets, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge others for buying it.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Oh no! Optional cosmetic DLC? Evil!!! -.-Justforvisit

That's not the point.

Well, than that point is dumb, because you are speaking for everyone. I prefer the new Dante's look personally.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HipHopBeats

Lol, I guess Capcom's middle finger to original Dante fans only applies to those not willing to pay extra.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MethodManFTW

Lol, I guess Capcom's middle finger to original Dante fans only applies to those not willing to pay extra.

HipHopBeats
or those not willing to beat the game once
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HipHopBeats

[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]

MethodManFTW

In that case, I plea guilty for reason of higher standards on both accounts.

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BLKR4330

There's really nothing to be confused about. I found your initial statement to be a grossly hyperbolic admonishment of anybody who would opt to buy this DLC, as if such a transgression was indicative of a person's lack of character or was so mystifying a decision that it required some manner of complex analysis or explanation to fully comprehend.

If that wasn't your intention I would urge you to be more selective in your choice of words as those words are the only metric we have for evaluating your meaning and intentions.

Grammaton-Cleric

point taken. at the same time i in turn might urge you to not put words in other people's mouths.

i can't decide how people choose to spend their money and i am in no position to judge someone's character or mental capabilities by a single purchase decision nor did i ever intend to. the admittedly gross exaggeration was not intended as a personal attack on anyone intending to buy this but more of an attempt to raise some questions and start a discussion, which it did, albeit in the completely wrong direction as far as i'm concerned. i do stick by my initial sentiment that this makes no sense to me and i hope that this dlc will be a failure if only for the message it sends to publishers which affects me as a gamer too, even if i want nothing to do with it.

but in stead of debating what i meant let me try to explain why it makes no sense to me. oh, and yes, more exaggeration will take place.

first; let's say i bought this game. i would have completed it by now in it's original form. the developers came up with a setting, story, characters etc and through art direction all this came to life. i can assume all the choices that were made were conscious decisions to tell a story or set an engrossing framework for the action to take place in. now i am going to decide that the clothes of the main character should be different. why? i don't know. to me there must be some major flaws in the product for it to allow me to even get to a point where i start to worry about what outfit my character is wearing. what does it say about my enjoyment if i can't overlook this insignificant detail? can't i just imagine an outfit myself if it means so much to me? but fine, my wish is answered with this dlc, hurray for technology. i purchase it, the outfits look really good, i like my in-game characters to dress well and money is no issue. so now what? am i going to replay the game with all the different outfits? will it change my experience somehow? will it spark a whole new interest in that same game, that plays, feels and looks the same except for the outfit?

second; imagine the publisher point of view. developers came up with this game, did their best to deliver a great product. it's getting more than decent reviews and maybe good sales too. so how are you going to interpret this as a publisher? is it A: "well great work team! let's keep doing this and give our fans more goodness to enjoy. during the production i heard some great ideas for expanding on the story and action or even making a whole new game. let's allocate some of the revenues to see where these ideas could lead". or is it B: "our game is a success team! maybe we should have charged more or perhaps we can think of something to make customers pay more for the same game and turn our success into more money. but wait we really don't want to spend any more money first so we can't really offer something new. how about we think of something that is more of the same but feels new?"

which are you more likely to encourage by buying a product such as this? do you happen to remember the horse armor dlc for oblivion and the response it got? i see people complain about dlc very often. stuff gets cut out of games to be sold later. stuff gets locked in your game to be sold to you later. isn't it mystifying that people think this is normal?

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#47 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

$4 for a skin? haha wow.Rattlesnake_8

What I said. This is just plain silly.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]

MethodManFTW

What?! Wait? You'll get his original outfit if you beat the game once?

Ok, in THAT case I'm guilty as charged for jumping in a discussion before knowing too much about it and am sincerely sorry o_O

Though if that's really true, I'd still like to know who killed the old Capcom Boss?

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]$4 for a skin? haha wow.CreatureRising

What I said. This is just plain silly.

It's not 1 Skin it's a bundle pack which includes four skins... You all need to learn how to read before you start f***ing whining jesus christ gamers are real prima donna's these days.