Less confusing RPGs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CazmoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 CazmoV
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Basically, I absolutely LOVE RPGs.

But the only thing I don't like about them is the sometimes ridiculously confusing storylines.
Sometimes they're too deep, and just include too many confusing words. For example, Final Fantasy games.

However, I have played RPGs that aren't like this, such as the Pokémon series and Chrono Trigger, and they are both fantastic and by far my favourite RPGs.

So, does anyone know any more RPGs like this?

Thanks

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts

Depends on what you mean by confusing - story line confusing? confusing interface/controls? confusing classes/characters?

A really good one would be Oblivion - pretty straight forward, easy to get into (in my eyes). Another would be Sacred (Sacred Gold or Sacred 2 - Sacred Gold is a bit easier to get into) or Titan Quest

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#3 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Stick to action and tactical rpg's. Turn-based are the ones who tend to have crap/confusing storylines.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
^ What he said. Japan loves their funky names and trying to keep track of who's who while following the story is liking learning a different language in English. I would stick with anything western, since the games end up being good regardless of the story.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#5 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

I've always found the Dragon Quest gameshave a simple, yet epic storyline. Though if you want a simple storyline, traditional JRPG's aren't the answer. I love the complex storylines, so FFXII, Star Ocean 3 and Star Ocean 2 are my favorites in the mainstream genre.

chadwick1343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 chadwick1343
Member since 2009 • 944 Posts
Suikoden